don’t like receiving face pics

2 hours ago, fskn said:

I'm with you. It defeats the purpose of glory hole sex. I don't understand the "glory hole lite" experience. I have face and body pictures in my Grindr profile but I skip over selective private glory hole bottoms.

This might depend on where on the planet one is located.  Here in Wisconsin all the old "public" glory holes are gone.  I created my private one which is well used when we host group parties.  For private sessions I do want a face pic, not because I care what a guy looks like, but someone is going to come to the door and I want to know who I am looking for.

Living in a small town in rural America is very different than living in a city even like Milwaukee, which is hugely different than SFO or LA.  

Face pics are of no interest to me, unless it's because I plan to meet up with another gurl. Men don't wish to really see my face unless they're looking for "passable" and then I know they're just out for a fetish fuck and it probably won't happen anyhow. Most of the men who have fucked me have seen my face ahead of time - picking me up at the gas pumps near a local truck stop, seeing me at the same gay bar they're at, or even a few at a local indoor shopping mall. But most anonymous fucks are just that - anonymous. Last night the guy who fucked me had never seen my face or body and I had never seen anything of him. It was pre-arranged - set time, set truck, set area of the parking lot.

I climbed in his cab - he shut down the inside cab lights except a small one in the sleeper area - he dropped his pants and ordered me to begin stripping - he finished stripping me - then he grabbed me and made me suck him hard on my knees in front of him before he placed me on his lap, caressed my silk clad body, chest and my nylon covered clit, and then put me on his sleeper and restrained me with his hands and fucked the shit out of me. It was raw, it was animalistic, it was primal - it was just what I needed!

1 hour ago, JimInWisc said:

Living in a small town in rural America is very different...

Noted.

Here in Wisconsin all the old "public" glory holes are gone.

That is a big loss, both to gay culture and to all people (including straight-identified men who depend on glory holes).

For private sessions I do want a face pic, not because I care what a guy looks like, but someone is going to come to the door and I want to know who I am looking for.

Makes sense. I was more concerned with glory hole bottoms who use face pictures to select and reject tops. That doesn't make much sense to me in the context of a glory hole encounter, where a dick pic would be more informative for the bottom than a face pic. A few of these types are constantly active on Grindr near me. Their reticence, coupled with their always-online status, make me wonder whether they are sucking much dick, or just fantasizing about it. Lately, they've even discovered the 🕳 emoji!

"Glory hole open...just not for you" feels very different than the open-ended experience in an adult video store arcade.

There is one guy near me who posts his cross-streets and the name of his apartment building in his Grindr profile, and only goes online when he's ass-up, face-down, ready to take loads. I've never visited but I admire him. I can tell that he's serious about having fun. He's someone I'd love to fuck...and talk with...someday.

Edited by fskn

52 minutes ago, fskn said:

That is a big loss, both to gay culture and to all people (including straight-identified men who depend on glory holes).

Makes sense. I was more concerned with glory hole bottoms who use face pictures to select and reject tops. That doesn't make much sense to me in the context of a glory hole encounter, where a dick pic would be more informative for the bottom than a face pic. A few of these types are constantly active on Grindr near me. Their reticence, coupled with their always-online status, make me wonder whether they are sucking much dick, or just fantasizing about it. Lately, they've even discovered the 🕳 emoji!

"Glory hole open...just not for you" feels very different than the open-ended experience in an adult video store arcade.

There is one guy near me who posts his cross-streets and the name of his apartment building in his Grindr profile, and only goes online when he's ass-up, face-down, ready to take loads. I've never visited but I admire him. I can tell that he's serious about having fun. He's someone I'd love to fuck...and talk with...someday.

Yes, I think it was a huge loss.  Somehow the far right just wasn't having it.  The last shut down under the guise of covid precaution (and at that point there were just a handful left).  

I agree with you; a dick pic would be more informative.  I always liked the pot luck of ABS arcade booths where one got whatever cock was there.  I totally loved those visits.  Indeed totally NOT "GH Open, just not for you" that one might see.  Here in my home dungeon, if I could put out an open house sort of thing and knew there would actually be guys showing up, I would do it. 

How do you think it might go over if I posted on my Scruff or Grindr profile something like "GH open Wednesday noon to four; no cock refused.  Contact me for location".  I would still have to answer the door and bring them down to the dungeon; but they can go pee while I get in the booth.  (yeah yeah, I know, they could pee while I'm in the booth).  🙂

Edited by JimInWisc
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

While I understand the thrill that can be had from a totally anonymous scene, most of the time I prefer to exchange face pics. Not so much to identify ("know"?) the person, but because a big chunk of my sexual response is visual, and a lot more of that has to do with the face than any other body part. If key facial features are right, I can go apeshit over guys that I otherwise would not give a second glance, and that translates directly to sexual enjoyment and performance.  Side note, smell used to be really important for me also, but my sense in that department was badly damaged about 15 years ago and now that's no longer true.

i'm not opposed to face pics but have taken a few thousand anonymous cocks and have maybe ever  seen their face 10% of the time?  

Which is maybe a little strange because i'm a very romantic guy and would love to be in love... and have fallen for a few hook ups and/or fuckbuddies. i love to kiss, but not just anyone, and it's not all about looks, more energy for me. Which is not to say i am unaffected by looks, it's just not a primary criteria for me. A Guys energy and desire are a lot bigger factors for me. 

Most of my sex has been  anonymous walk in at my house where i am lying naked face down and ass up on my bed. i know, prolly not the safest way, but i've never had a problem and i never feel the need to look at them, just be there with them. A lot of guys are shy and appreciate the anonymity. i've had repeat fuck buddies for years who i have never seen. 

i love men. 

• Upvote 2

When doing an anon pump n dump motel/hotel don’t really get the ask for a face pic and I don’t ask. Stats and a dick pic are all I ask. Sometimes like a ball pic as well, but all I’m really looking for is an ask for the location and “I’m on my way”. 

• Thanks 1