Email address

a2nudist

I tried to search but did not see a topic regarding email addresses.

Are we allowed to share our email address in a post?    I was responding to a post about poly dating and triads and I wanted to share my email address in case the other couple had follow-up questions.   Wanted to check and see if that was allowed?

Or, is there a way to put our email address in our profile?

Thank you.

Guest BiPasTwarNING
On 8/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, a2nudist said:

I tried to search but did not see a topic regarding email addresses.

Are we allowed to share our email address in a post?    I was responding to a post about poly dating and triads and I wanted to share my email address in case the other couple had follow-up questions.   Wanted to check and see if that was allowed?

Or, is there a way to put our email address in our profile?

Thank you.

IDK if allowed, but if you post a link to anywhere inside your post, there's a warning scripted message about following links safely. An email address would technically generate a link (on most other sites) and, if email addresses are allowed, I'd expect the warning scripted message about links to be inserted like every other link posted.

You could try posting it as if you're posting a competitors URL, like we'd do on Craigslist bsck in the day:

MyExample at gmail dot com

=

MyExample@gmail.com

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

It is allowed to post your email address on the forum. Be advised that you are posting it on a public web page, so it is very likely to be picked up by address scrapers and used to feed spam engines. Don't use an email you're not willing to have slammed with a lot of junk.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, WhOregon said:

Since Admin forbid so many users from messaging each other

Sending private messages on the site is a privilege. This is so that random trolls and adbots can't sign up and immediately send people junk messages.

It is easy to earn the privilege. You just need to post actual forum content. By posting content that gets positive reactions from other users you will earn it even faster.

33 minutes ago, Bymike said:

The site should allow members to contact each other here

It does. You are a Junior Member now, so you should already have the privilege.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, WhOregon said:

Since Admin forbid so many users from messaging each other, putting e-mail addresses out there makes sense.

As Viking noted, messaging is a privilege. But beyond that: again, the point of this site is not primarily for members to communicate on-on-one with each other. It's to develop a community. Once you prove yourself part of the community, you get the privilege of private communications.

• Upvote 3

Fortunately, the moderators are very careful not to turn BZ into yet another "cruise" site.  That is very much appreciated.  There are plenty of other sites to cruise on, but this one is here for exchange of thoughts, perceptions, perhaps advice, Which is why I enjoy BZ in the first place, to the point that I visit quite a bit.  There are ways to contact one another, which I did not quite understand at first, but now I do, and I fully endorse the business model.  Sure, it's cool if a guy reads posts, becomes familiar (over the ether) with other guys with whom he shares an understanding, and at some point they increase their appreciation of each other sexually.  After all - we're sexual libertines, so it's natural that some guys would want to Breed some other guys.  

Be patient, add your thoughts, comments to various threads, take part in the discourse, and all of a sudden you'll be able to message those guys privately. 

There is only one requirement, however - all the rest of us want to know how hottttt it was !!! (that was having a little fun, if anyone doesn't realize it ...)

• Like 1

I've been on the site more the a year. But I have only gotten a warning about posting in the wrong forum though I was in the Correct place at the time and that changed weeks later.  Still no messages. 

5 hours ago, MollyOMalley said:

I've been on the site more the a year. But I have only gotten a warning about posting in the wrong forum though I was in the Correct place at the time and that changed weeks later.  Still no messages. 

Please re-read this thread, and the others on related topics. Simply being a member for a year doesn't do anything. You have to participate, and a fair amount at that, before you can message other members directly. You have made 19 posts in this time, or slightly more than one a month. That's certainly not a great deal of participation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.