When did you come out to the world (Family and friends etc)

OzzieCumdumpster

I first came out to friends when I was 15. When I was 16 I was found out when my parents came home and I was being fucked in my bedroom, by a 18 year old, he had just finished cumming in me when my parents walked, it was embarrassing, frieghtening but also a weight off my shoulders. My dad was pissed at me, and kicked me out of the house for being a fag, my mother was shocked to being with but was understanding that I can't change who I am. My brothers and sisters kinda of knew I was Gay/bi, I say it this way as every so often I do want to fuck a woman. My dad finally started talking to me again when I was 24, he still doesn't like it, but he says it's my life.

• Like 1

Came out as bisexual to my mom at 21th, for others and friends it was a few weeks ago. i can relate that it is a high weight off your shoulders. best feeling ever to finally live without secrets and lying to people about my sexuality. never expected that most people would accepted it. i'm happier than ever before

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I started coming out to friends as bi at 15, which is kind of a laugh as I’d never been with girls but had been with plenty of guys. I guess it was to be somewhat honest about being gay. There’s a stigma to being openly gay in the Latino community…you can play with guys but it’s supposed to be more of a phase or a side thing you dabble in. The expectation is you marry and have kids. As a result I haven’t told my parents I’m gay let alone that I’m bi because they’d freak. I guess they give me and my brother the benefit of the doubt as he’s also gay and fucks around like crazy and we’ve never dated girls. I dunno what they think is going on. I want to tell them and be honest and open and live my life but I think it’d hurt them bad. I want to be living on my own before I can do that though. It’s tougher for my brother as he’s still in HS and I’m kind of envious of guys who came out to their parents while in HsS and their parents were cool. I came out as full one gay to friends when I was 16 as I was rucking around with a few guys in school and everyone seemed to know. It felt a lot easier to be open about it.

• Like 1

i've never come out to the whole world, but i think i understand the sentiment behind the question.  For me, one of the challenges of being gay is having to come out over and over. i am not stereotypically gay, people don't look at me and just know. i have more women hit on me than men, and that is often when i have to, yet again, "come out."  i have to explain to women who are interested in me that, hey, i'm gay. They are always surprised.  i don't hide it, i just live and if it comes up, i have no problem being open about it. 

The first time i "came out" publicly was at church.  Yep.  my story is all over this site in pieces, but the short version is a grew up in a religious culture and spent a lot of my life trying not to be gay. So, my first coming out was "confessing my sin of being attracted to guys."  This was the late 70's and gays were just starting to get some acceptance, religious organizations were not accepting as a rule and they didn't really have a clue of what it meant to be gay. The church i was part of equated it with alcoholism lol.  Admitting my attraction to guys was one of the hardest things i ever did, and they didn't even get it. It took all of my courage, and all they did was circle me and pray for me and never mention it again.

It was clear to me that they didn't get it and i ended up feeling more alone and isolated than i did before coming out.  i've come out many times since then, really long story. i came to a place of self acceptance in 2006. For me, that was my real coming out, coming out to myself and accepting myself for who i am. 

• Upvote 1

I came out officially in high school, when I was around 16. I made the "mistake" of telling a girl - who also happened to be a cheerleader - in my gym class that I thought one of the other guys in our class was hot (because... he was. Jesus, he was.) And since the only thing faster than light is high school gossip, somehow everyone knew about it in the like... 20 minute gap from then to homeroom. 

Oddly enough, I was the only openly gay student in our school and it turns out my accidental coming out improved my social standing to the point I was (more or less) one of the cool kids. 

• Upvote 1

I came out at school when I was 12, then to my mom a couple weeks later. I didn't have to come out to the rest of the family because my mom's Facebook page is like a bulletin board. By the end of the week all of our family and anyone else who was friends with her on Facebook knew I was gay because she posted cringy updates about how proud she was to have a gay son on a near daily basis until I was told her to knock it off.

1 hour ago, backdoorjimmy said:

Facebook page is like a bulletin board. By the end of the week all of our family and anyone else who was friends with her on Facebook

Has your mom ever read your profile on this site?  Wondering if she would like to quote some of the details on Facebook?

• Haha 1

lol I hope not. I told her to cut it out a long time ago and as far as I know she hasn't posted anything private about me since then. But before that my life was blasted online and it was humiliating because there was no privacy. If I found out she was sharing stuff about me she'd be back on my shit list for sure. 

I suppressed the feelings for many years, and only had 3 brief relationships with women. I finally admitted it to myself at age 35 (2001), and started having my first experiences with guys. The next year I slowly started telling family and friends. My parents had a problem with it at first but then came around and accepted it. As it turns out, my best friend of 30 years now, ended up with his middle son being gay. Learning about me, what it really meant, and being able to ask a bunch of questions, really helped soften the blow. It ended up going much better than it would have when his son came out. His family has been amazing as well and always accepted me.

For me, I've only been "out" at 2 companies and was only at each for 2 years. Even today at 55 years old I'm not currently "out" at work and still struggle with it. I've had to accept and deal with it, but I'm still not comfortable with it. And of course when you've spent most of your life alone, it's much easier to hide who you are and evade questions. I don't know if I'll ever fully come to terms with it.

Wow I’m 55 amd a very similar story though I started out in the mid 90s. Only a few people know I’m gay and definitely not out at work to my coworkers. I’m in sales and oddly enough I’ve had few customers figure it out.  I figured I’d get around to telling the world when I find Mr Right but for good or bad I’ve been quite content with Mr Right Now.  

I was 18 (1994) and after the school-leaving exam we went to Italy with my best friend for a summer trip. It was the third journey of us, first another classmate traveled with us, next year we already went only both. I don’t know why but we took a vow of not jerking off.  Maybe we assumed that it would help to find girls and finally lost our virginity. Yes, we was virgins and girls turned us on. My best friend is still straight but me. LoL But it was a very different time. 
Long story short we stayed at a camp where was one common restroom. So, if you took a shower you did this with many other guys. Most of them were hot and attractive. Many young local Italian stallion. It’s needless to say I broke my vow and jerked off every single time I took a shower. Day by day I saw beautiful girls but the situation with the dozens of naked guys made me horny. Furthermore, my best friend asked me to smear his back, shoulders and ass with suncream which also turned me on. I realised touching my best friend’s body was sexually exciting for me. 
We traveled to Ravenna by bus and I was wondering why these guys made me horny and why I found my best friend sexually attractive. And then it was like if someone had knocked on my head: “good morning, wake up, you are gay”  And then many previous experiences and memories began clear, even free ten years before. Then things were already clear with guys, my desires and fantasies  (which weren’t definitely and clear gay fantasies but either straight pictures).

It’s needless to say I was broken. I knew almost nothing about being gay, those times in Hungary it was rather a reason for jokes, I didn’t know what to do, with whom to talk. I knew that I never wanted to come out to my parents. (I never did, because when I might be ready to talk with my mom, she was seriously ill and died soon and after it the distance between my father and me was getting even bigger. I’m sure he knew but never talked about it and ten years later he also passed away.)

So, I was silent all day, had a bad mood and my best friend realised it. In evening we sat in front of our tent and he asked me. I tried to avoid the answer but he really cared about me and worried about changing my mood. I gave it up and said that I broke our vow and jerked off more times a day. He replied that it’s not a big deal and he didn’t believe that it’s the real problem, he worried and wanted to help me and I could trust him. I said that my problem was that during masturbating I had fantasies about guys around me. Exclusively with guys and not girls. And he also made me horny. He was surprised and asked why’s that? And I answered with something  naturalness coming from deep in me that because I was gay. He was still surprised and I felt fear.  He realised that, gave me a big snd tight hug. He kept me in his arms for a while when he pushed me a bit back, looked right in my eyes and said he was straight but he didn’t have any problems with me and I could trust him and he would protect me. And from this evening I can’t be grateful enough for having a best friend like him. It happened almost 30 years but this friendship still lasts. We never had sex with each other but once, not much later he said that he was sorry for being straight because if he would be gay we could explore gay sex with each other. But he is one of my friends who are definitely straight.

After it I thought I had to be bisexual and I experimented with girls for four years and the sex was quite good but I didn’t really enjoy. And four years later I collected enough brave to try gay sex (or my desire reached the level where I couldn’t bear the lack of gay sex). After I took the guy’s penis in my mouth I knew this was I belonged to and belonged to always. For a year I still had sex with girls but my last straight adventure happened still in the last millennium. LoL 

To sum  up, I wish every gay people a friend like mine because I can’t imagine myself as the person who I am today if I didn’t have David. TBH I’m not a maudlin guy but I have tears in my eyes not because of sadness but gratefulness.  Thanks David. ❤️

• Like 2

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

I came out to my parents the day before my 27th birthday, I didn’t want to do it where it could impact any family birthdays or get togethers other than my own. I had been taking cocks and cum LONG before that point though!!!

I never officially 'came out' to my parents. This was in the days when being gay was a scourge and a sin and a criminal offence in the UK.  However, I am sure that they suspected. Since then, I have never proclaimed myself as being gay (it is something that one never did) but I do not hide it from my friends. They all know, but it is never discussed. If anyone should confront me today, I would be completely open with them. After all, what have I got to hide?