What do people think "discreet" on grindr/scruff means?

valldelxeno

I take that as meaning guys don’t want anyone to know they fuck dirty bugged up tranny hookers like me. faggots like me are a guilty pleasure for many men who would be ashamed to let anyone know they bareback, cheap, easy trash bathhouse cumdumpsters and cruising spot fucksluts

These responses are enlightening for me. I really don't remember seeing many profiles with "discrete" when I lived in Los Angeles or San Francisco, but since moving to a small town 80% of the profiles are blank and use the words "discrete only". 

Because of my experiences here, I have come to associate "discrete" with paranoia and a degree of internalised homophobia (both for me are a turn-off and correlated with bad sex). However some of your comments give me some hope and that there may be other ways to look at it. I will try to be more open. 

When I lived in SF I really came to enjoy the freedom and discretion of Steamworks and I really wish small towns like mine had at least a small place with gloryholes or a dark room. It would suit all these "discrete" guys' needs. 

Edited by polyglutton
  • Upvote 2

On 12/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, beefyjockbtm said:

I've always used it as a general term to mean "your secret is safe with me" what ever that might be. I don't kiss and tell, I don't snitch, if we're together around other people it's not gonna be me that gives away your sexuality or your kinks or that you're gonna be sticking your dick in my butt later. 

This one's an interesting one. If more people understood it this way I would use it this way too. Because, sure, I talk about past hookups with other hookups and friends, but if someone lets me know that they are on the down low in some way - whether they just don't want people knowing about their fetishes, their sluttiness, or maybe they are married and/or closeted, well, I'm just not gonna talk about that person further down the line. 

Like others, I always figured "discreet" meant that the person was probably attached. I steer clear of married guys, I've been cheated on and I don't want to be the guy they are cheating with. My three favorite words in a guy's profile are "gay", "single", and "top".

There was a straight guy a few years ago,  visiting HK for a week or so who said he wanted to try bb for the first time with a guy  -  a claim I'd usually take with a pinch of salt.  This one, however, was so strange; I suspect it might have been.  
Anyhow, he needed to be discreet, and so I had to agree to his instructions precisely.  They were essentially to go through the whole hook-up pointing in the same direction.  
So I
- entered the room at his place from a door at the back;
- got on my hands and knees, put a blindfold on; 
- all in incomplete silence throughout;
- he then fucked me bb cums very quickly - no more than a couple of minutes (which again had a ring of truth to it);
-  I then take blindfold off, get dressed (all facing forwards) and leave the room by the other door at the front. 
So not looking backwards or in his direction at any point.  
Odd, I know, but if it is that sort of discreet, I highly recommend it.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, BareLover666 said:

Mostly - in my experience - for whatever reason these profile's don't just show their face and make a lot of fuss about how their need for privacy, supersedes mine.

That is what I would expect from someone who puts discreet on their profile. However, on the apps where it is available as a "tribe" option, I see loads of them marking themselves as discreet yet they show their face and everything. 

I'm half wondering if some of them are using it to mean that they tend towards NSA and therefore are "safe" for discreet guys to fuck, but I don't really know (hence the thread)

5 minutes ago, valldelxeno said:

That is what I would expect from someone who puts discreet on their profile. However, on the apps where it is available as a "tribe" option, I see loads of them marking themselves as discreet yet they show their face and everything. 

I'm half wondering if some of them are using it to mean that they tend towards NSA and therefore are "safe" for discreet guys to fuck, but I don't really know (hence the thread)

I'm currently trying to ghost a guy who expects me to show more photo's, is bisexual while in a 'straight' relationship and uses 'I can't upload photo's' as a reason.
Weird.

Happy to hear you have good experiences with discreet guys .  Must visit Barcelona it seems. 😉

2 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

I'm currently trying to ghost a guy who expects me to show more photo's, is bisexual while in a 'straight' relationship and uses 'I can't upload photo's' as a reason.
Weird.

Happy to hear you have good experiences with discreet guys .  Must visit Barcelona it seems. 😉

Well, my point is that half the "discreet" guys I've got with having nothing discreet about them haha. And it's not a translation issue because a) the apps are available in Spanish and b) discreet in Spanish is discreto so not exactly hugely different. 

I totally recommend coming here though, the guys are hot and horny...and as for me, as a northern European, while I'm not great looking, I still manage to get laid by being "exotic" - I swear half the guys that have fucked me have done so just because they like my blue eyes haha

1 hour ago, valldelxeno said:

Well, my point is that half the "discreet" guys I've got with having nothing discreet about them haha. And it's not a translation issue because a) the apps are available in Spanish and b) discreet in Spanish is discreto so not exactly hugely different. 

I totally recommend coming here though, the guys are hot and horny...and as for me, as a northern European, while I'm not great looking, I still manage to get laid by being "exotic" - I swear half the guys that have fucked me have done so just because they like my blue eyes haha

that's convinced me. I'm moving there.

you aren't looking for a roomy by any chance? 😉 

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...