Saving posts with links incredibly slow/not working

I tried posting a status update comment with a link in it today, first using the mobile site on my android phone.

Everything went ok, including inserting the link - which is link to some videos (my own, perfectly legal content) on my Google drive - until I submitted it. It sat there saying "Saving" and I waited. Time passed - 30 seconds, a minute, 5 minutes - the I just did a page refresh. The first attempt the text to show in place of the link was there, but was just plain text, no underlying link:

321935419_BZL1.JPG.97abe19e73322199827364a9ebc02749.JPG

So I did another much shorter (couple of lines) post, this time from a W10 PC, and the same thing - taking eons to save;. So again, a page refresh. This time the link was there, but not properly formed as a link:

1900388067_BZL2.JPG.cb5cc0761b5ea732b4269792d9ed1216.JPG

So tried again - this time not going directly throug the "insert link" button on the editor just a CTRL-V  paste. Appeared ok when I tried to save it, same thing.

Any ideas what is going on please?

That is interesting.

I just tried sending the same link to the same breeding zone member as I was replying to in the status update comment, this time via messaging.

Saving was instant!

However, when I had look at the message, exactly the same link mangling going on. 

Is this a general issue with inserting links or is it somethinhg speciflc to Google Drive links?

Edited by essexfuckwhore

4 hours ago, essexfuckwhore said:

So I did another much shorter (couple of lines) post, this time from a W10 PC, and the same thing - taking eons to save;. So again, a page refresh. This time the link was there, but not properly formed as a link:

1900388067_BZL2.JPG.cb5cc0761b5ea732b4269792d9ed1216.JPG

So tried again - this time not going directly throug the "insert link" button on the editor just a CTRL-V  paste. Appeared ok when I tried to save it, same thing.

Any ideas what is going on please?

Links are no longer posted as "clickable" HTML links - the "[think before following links]" language is standard on this site and has been for over two years now. That's well-documented here: 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bootman, that  ws extremely helpful. That certainly explains how the links now appear and the reasoning behind - which I agree with 100%

The fact I have only now run into this shows how infrequently post anything with links in. And how rubbish my search parameters must have been trying to find answers after hitting it. 

What I'm puzzled by still and not found an explanation for yet - again perhaps my search parameters have been rubbish - is why posting reply to a comment on my status update never seems to finish saving. 

Given your extremely helpful pointers about posting links, the "never ending saving" issues I experienced today are probably nothing to do with the link. 

Which now gives me a better handle on what I should search for. 

Thanks Bootman 😉👍

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.