BarebackRT.com profiles: Your Status and My Status

hungry_hole

Like many of you I do have a BarebackRT profile.

I read profiles that say "Your Status: Ask Me " which I can understand.

But I cannot understand when guys write in their profile "My Status: Ask Me". Why "Ask me" when there are many other categories: Positive, Poz + Other, Negative, Other?, Not sure.

Why guys say "Ask Me" in My Status?

P.S. I wish BreedingZone had better information in profiles.

• Upvote 1

I assume when a guy on BareBackRT says "Ask me" he is HIV positive. Some guys cannot openly admit on a profile that they are poz. Many do say positive, undetectable and negative.

I also wonder how people on BareBackRT can stay negative since there are so many poz guys there. I doubt there are many true negative guys there.

• Upvote 1

I had 'ask me' temporarily as I hadn't tested in a year and didn't know if I was still negative, but changed it to negative following the latest test. I agree that it tends to mean poz to most as I got quite a bit less interest from poz guys after changing it to neg.

I had 'ask me' temporarily as I hadn't tested in a year and didn't know if I was still negative,...

But I thought that's what "Not sure" is for. I can understand "Your Status: Ask Me " because means that the other guy's status can be discussed. But, there are several options for "My Status" that can be used without having to ask: Positive, Poz + Other, Negative, Other, Not sure.

It's not important but just curious.

Yes I see your point. I think it was that my status was to be discussed that i chose 'ask me' rather than 'not sure' but I didn't give it that much thought. I did find poz guys were coming on to me more than did so after testing and saying neg. It does say 'negative' now but I guess thinking on it 'not sure' would be correct since i still bareback. [goes to BBRTS to change profile] ;)

I leave mine as "ask me" for the simple reason that I would rather a guy assume that i am poz and take precautions than to assume the reverse. I am neg, but my bf is poz and we have never used a condom. Until I got tested to have the CCR5 mutation, I just assumed it was a matter of time. That said, we do play together and so unless someone wants to be exposed, its probably best to stay away.

Pozfuck, I agree all of us with start exploring and then one day open up for that 1st load. Now I am hooked. Only a matter of time I guess but I love the feel of a guy inside of me. Very addictive.

• 2 months later...

I joined BBRTS one week ago because I sensed that it would be an awesome place to find raw, POZ Men eager to (unknowingly) assist with my POZZING UP. A close friend claimed that the fucking on BBRTS is easy and plentiful with Men that are mostly POZ. It sure seems to be an accurate statement. Since I don't know for sure I listed my status as "Not Sure" with yours as "Ask Me." One sex party, one Slam Pig and one Big Black Raw Cock later I have got to imagine that I am well on my way to being POZ.

I get that a lot of guys are uncomfortable posting their HIV status in a public place. Never know who might come across it after all. So I just put my status out there and ask the question if it comes to that.

The profiles that really annoy me are the ones that have just about every field "ask me". And few or no pics or written information. I understand that some of the guys there on the site just want to fantasize about raw sex and jack off to pictures and profiles. I'm cool with that. But give the rest of us something to look at and think about too!

I started on bbrt listing neg. I did not get hit on by any poz guys, so I had long periods of time with no fucking. Then I changed to not sure. Not much changed. When I changed to ask me, bingo my hole got used. I am still neg as of my last test. I don't want to say poz, because officially I'm not. So ask me works best for me.

I hate profiles of guys who have ask me all over their profiles are either lazy or wimps afraid to open themselves up.

I've had mine as Not Sure for about a year now because despite getting regular 2-3 months testings, and always turning up negative, I get given at least another load in my hole between the test and the result, so by the time I know I'm negative for then, it's already pointless.

I would imagine Ask Me basically means "Yes, I do drugs/have HIV but I still haven't come to terms with it or I don't like to make that public knowledge."

I'm not sure it's something to be proud of (although pride in having total sexual freedom is another matter,) but it's definitely not something to be ashamed of either.

I'm not sure it's something to be proud of (although pride in having total sexual freedom is another matter,) but it's definitely not something to be ashamed of either.

nycboy, the way I look at HIV is that it's just a virus like any other, using a host (us) to multiply and spread. The cold and flu viruses do exactly the same thing. They're just not sexually transmitted (most of the time). They're neither good nor bad. They just are.

To that end, I don't view HIV as a source of pride or shame, any more than I'd assign moral value to a rhinovirus. But unfortunately, most of society doesn't see things that way and looks down on people who get STDs as being morally defective. And of course in this country, health insurance rates skyrocket if you have a pre-existing condition like HIV. So I can understand why some people want to keep it quiet.