BarebackRT.com profiles: Your Status and My Status

hungry_hole

when i first signed up for bbrt i put neg until i tested poz then i changed it...i also listed as poz on A4A. amazing how many "neg" guys still want to breed my ass never mind the neg bottoms that want my loads. as for not sure if your not sure you probably are poz

I would imagine Ask Me basically means "Yes, I do drugs/have HIV but I still haven't come to terms with it or I don't like to make that public knowledge."QUOTE]

"Ask me"? Why have to ask someone about THEIR HIV-status? I can understand someone saying in "Your Status: Ask me" because a guy may want to discuss the other guy's status. "Not Sure" is actually the most precise one because anyone barebacking with several partners is really not sure.

Instead of "Ask me" he should say "Don't care". He could be HIV-neg or poz, or not sure.

I can't say for all of you, but speaking for the area I am in on BBRT. There are always 100 guys or more on in my state and its always the same 100 guys for the most part.

Personally I don't think any of the guys in my area actually hook up on that site, I think they all just log in and walk away from their PC's.

Granted I know I am not everyone's type or most peoples type but all the guys here are just rude and assholes on BBRT. That is just my opinion on the whole BBRT thing.

As for the "Ask Me" thing, regardless of what that field says on BBRT figure everyone is POZ as most probably are even if they don't say it in the profile or in the name as RawPozLust pointed out. I assume everyone is poz wether or not its in a profile text, field or name. If they ar BBing then most likely they are poz or soon will be.

That's my 0.02.

The part that I don't like about "Ask me" in a guy's HIV-status is that it invites a conversation and this takes away from a more spontaneous anon encounter. Why have to discuss HIOV-status? Not sure, Don't care are non-specific enough but don't invite a conversation. We guys wanna have sex and not a conversation.

I seem to recall the default answer is 'Ask me' for everything unless you change it to another option so you can't really read anything into it with any degree of confidence. I read it that if you care what the answer is you should ask them, if not fuck it! :)

• 1 year later...

is BBRT realley any different then cruising or going to a bathouse?> honesty is the best policy, ask me, lets talk. that bieng said, if vers or BTM..most are pos goes with the territory..were bbers, but that doesnt mean we all chase

I guess I am a dull knife. It is BAREBACK REAL TIME. So the only box that should be an issue is top, bottom or vers. I am a bottom, and all I need to know is the guy interested in me is not another bottom hoping for a miracle change in my role. Otherwise, it is going to be a bare fuck. If I wanted wrapping and ribbons I would be hunting dick on a more vanilla site, like Adult friend finder or something. Status- who cares- the load is coming in raw

I always think of "ask me" as a guy being unsure about his status or not wanting to say, poz, neg, or undetectable for whatever reason. I've had a guy on manhunt message me a long time ago and I asked what the "ask me" meant and he told me he was poz. I asked why he did not just say positive in his profile but never got an answer.

But what I find really interesting about bbrt is the contradiction between "your status" and "my status"

My Status: Neg

Your Status: Ask Me

Your Status: No Preference

Your Status: Poz ok

My Status: Poz

Your Status: Neg

I did not think about this until I read this thread but the "your status", "my status" thing reveals a lot about the person. For some reason it sounds like a good or twisted song name too :P

There are guys on there who are neg but don't care if the guy is poz or neg. And there are guys who are poz and specifically want to play with someone who is neg or don't care about the person's status. One thing I have noticed though for the most part (least in my area) it seems to be tops who don't care the status of the bottom. If the bottom is poz they don't care or neg. It seems to be the bottoms who prefer neg tops or if they are fully pig bottoms they don't care.

I wonder if that's because some tops out there feel that if they are breeding bottoms they are less likely to get infected, versus a bottom who takes loads is more likely to get infected.