Current and past sexual positions

NWUSHorny

Sexual position for casual anal sex  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current casual sex anal sex position?

• Exclusively bottom
    • Bottom but top on rare occasions
    • Mostly bottom but if I go to sex club usually top someone before I go home
    • Fully versatile
    • Versatile but I will never turn down an opportunity to get fucked
    • Top but will bottom on rare occassions
    • Total top
    • I don't engage in casual anal sex
  2. 2. How has casual anal sex position changed over the past 10 years?

• Hasn't changed
    • Became more bottom
    • Became more top
    • Became more versatile
    • Became exclusively bottom
    • Became exclusively top
    • Stopped having anal sex

There is a lot of complaining about a lack of tops, and that they are becoming even scarcer in the gay casual sex world. So I'm curious what your current position is for casual sex, and if and how it has changed over time. By casual sex I mean random hookups with other men from either the hookup apps or in person cruising. Please reply with the reason your position has changed if it has changed. I picked 10 years 

If I see some interesting trends I may add some additional polls. If anyone else sees something please feel free to add a follow up poll as well.

• Upvote 1

My position has not changed over time, but I have definitely noticed a trend towards bottoms on the hookup apps over the last 10 years. I also think there has been a lesser trend towards bottoming for in person cruising as well, but also a trend away from guys actually seeking any kind of casual anal sex.

Even here on BZ I think there has been a trend towards more fantasy postings than postings about fucking that has actually taken place or fucks that guys are realistically trying to make happen in real time.

I am 58 this year. In my mid-30's I discovered that I'm multiorgasmic. Before that I thought I was a bad top who prematurely ejaculated, so I was much more of a bottom than I was a top. (For those of a certain age in the US, this revision of the Tootsie Pop commercial perfectly sums up my top experiences before that - "How many fucks until you reach the center of a Tootsie Pop? One. Two. Three. Cum!) Once I discovered I was multiorgasmic, I likened my orgasms to going out to dinner. The first one is like the Appetizer, which arrives quickly. The second is like the Main Course in that it takes longer to arrive and is hopefully worth the wait. The third is like Dessert - sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. (Dessert has required a 3+ hour session since my mid-30s.)

So, in the last decade, my sexual position hasn't really changed. I much prefer to top than to bottom. YES, there is a limit to how many times I can top where there isn't a limit to how many times I can bottom. But there is WAY more prep involved in bottoming than there is in topping! (And let me shout out all those bottoms who are diligent about their prep!) So, under precise circumstances, I would consider bottoming. Otherwise, I'm quite content to top!

• Upvote 3

Since I figured out I was gay in my teens I have only ever been a bottom. I can literally count on one hand the number of times I have Topped. I'm not even slightly versatile. I'm not wired that way, it just doesn't work for me. Everything works as it should but it just doesn't feel good for me unless I'm being filled. Both physically and psychologically I only feel that connection when I bottom. Despite what some have said there isn't some switch that can be flicked and make me swap things up. That may be true for others but I am what I am. Therefore I put the work in to be as good a bottom as I can be.

Edited by Loveitraw
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've gone from total bottom to total top to versatile to total top to what is now bottom at every opportunity, but top if I don't have the time or chance to "prepare". It's fair to say I'm back to being a proper bottom & cumdump. I was a top for so long simply because it was easier, but I'm back into the sauna scene again and it's working perfectly! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ieatcumholes said:

But there is WAY more prep involved in bottoming than there is in topping! (And let me shout out all those bottoms who are diligent about their prep!) So, under precise circumstances, I would consider bottoming. Otherwise, I'm quite content to top!

Well said.  I agree completely, and have utmost respect for bottoms that prep themselves thoroughly.  Which is one of the reasons I very seldom allow a guy to fuck me - "precise circumstances"-  describes it perfectly.  

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Versatile AF. Tend to be more interested in guys who are willing to top (flipping counts), because the majority of guys who hit me up on the apps or at the baths want me to top. Not sure whether that's because of the statistics (there are simply more strict bottoms than anything else) or because I'm hung. Most likely some of each.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Versatile AF. Tend to be more interested in guys who are willing to top (flipping counts), because the majority of guys who hit me up on the apps or at the baths want me to top. Not sure whether that's because of the statistics (there are simply more strict bottoms than anything else) or because I'm hung. Most likely some of each.

Same here, my best fucks are flipping with other big dicked versatile guys. I've never understood why so many guys, including versatile guys, aren't willing to switch roles.

I used to be exclusively Top until I met Chris, who showed me how much fun I could have as a bottom. Today I consider myself totally 50-50 versatile. I’ve got a big dick and love to fuck. In fact most guys, sometimes even other tops, want me to fuck them. But there are times I can’t deny I really want to get my hole stuffed. 

• Upvote 1