Justice Thomas makes it clear decisions support our rights are next

drscorpio

4 hours ago, MikeDelRay said:

People  are of course going to be suspicious about the 2020 outcome because of what an incredibly miserable, pathetic public speaker Joe Biden is. And just what an unappealing old sad white-haired shrivelled old peanut of a human being he is, generally. It's a sick joke.

People hated Trump and voted against Trump and would even vote for Joe Biden to get rid of the Trump lies and scandals and undermining American interests and policies that hurt Americans in favor of corporations.  That’s why he lost.  Republicans gleefully killing themselves with Covid probably didn’t help.

Maybe, now that Boris Johnson has resigned from the same problems: lies, scandals, undermining British citizens in favor of corporations, more lies, more scandals, and the by-election reversals in Wakefield and Tiverton and Honiton, maybe you can understand how people would elect anyone at all who isn’t the leader.

• Upvote 2

On 7/8/2022 at 1:29 PM, MikeDelRay said:

incredibly miserable, pathetic public speaker Joe Biden is. And just what an unappealing old sad white-haired shrivelled old peanut of a human being he is, generally. It's a sick joke.

I'm reminded of one of the greatest US presidents in history: Franklin D. Roosevelt who had to hide his use of a wheelchair and underlying condition to remain in his position.

It's a shame people are blinded by physical appearances, age and other unimportant factors with regards to someones ability to function as a public official.

It's also a shame when people can't find reasonable arguments they attack those unimportant qualities of a man.

Edited by Guest

On 7/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, drscorpio said:

Again you are accusing me of things I have not done or said. That's what projecting means. 

Nooo. "Projecting" means when you accuse others of exhibiting behaviour that you yourself are doing.

Christ, you probably think Freud was from Cambodia... fuckin pathetic. 

He doesnt even know what projecting means, it all makes "sense" now..... JESUS WEPT.

I bet you're working on a memoir and it's titled "It Is What It Is", right Forrest? Or maybe "Irregardless of All Intensive Purposes, I Could Care Less"

• Downvote 3

17 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

I'm reminded of one of the greatest US presidents in history: Franklin D. Roosevelt

Ah yes, I was reading an interesting book about him recently, it was titled "HE WAS ALLOWED TO SAY THAT ABOUT BLACKS, CAUSE HE HAD A D AFTER HIS NAME INSTEAD OF AN R."

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MikeDelRay said:

Or maybe "Irregardless of All Intensive Purposes, I Could Care Less"

Leaving aside "irregardless", which is a double negative and thus essentially meaningless, I would point out that "intensive" is just flat wrong in this context. It renders the sentence jumbled garbage.

The correct phrase is "For all intents and purposes..." or, in other words, "Essentially...".

7 hours ago, MikeDelRay said:

Ah yes, I was reading an interesting book about him recently, it was titled "HE WAS ALLOWED TO SAY THAT ABOUT BLACKS, CAUSE HE HAD A D AFTER HIS NAME INSTEAD OF AN R."

It was the 30s and 40s.  My Republican cousins say it today.  My one non-Republican cousin and I don’t.  Conservatives learn odd history lessons.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 5:19 AM, BootmanLA said:

Leaving aside "irregardless", which is a double negative and thus essentially

Wow... you got a great thrill from pretending that those mangled phrases were my own mistakes, rather than me ascribing them to DrDitzyYo who doesnt even know what "projection" means.

Your whole life was in fact building up to that pitiful moment wasn't it?

Insulting other peoples' intelligence is a great tactic for you, since it's impossible to do back!

Edited by MikeDelRay
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, MikeDelRay said:

Wow... you got a great thrill from pretending that those mangled phrases were my own mistakes, rather than me ascribing them to DrDitzyYo who doesnt even know what "projection" means.

Your whole life was in fact building up to that pitiful moment wasn't it?

Insulting other peoples' intelligence is a great tactic for you, since it's impossible to do back!

16 hours ago, MikeDelRay said:

Do you tell others the fact that the greatest thrill in your life is "moderating" or silencing some guy from England who you've never met, will probably never meet and you have no idea what he looks like? Like, do you tell your partner? Therapist? 

It's a pretty weird sad thing isn't it, little man.

Umm, since I'm still the smartest person you'll ever know - unfortunately, silencing me doesn't magically stop the fact that I would be smarter than you even after a brain-squishing ski accident that leaves me in a coma for 18 months)...

I came up with an idea/plan for your ditzy bimbo ass... you know, your ass that makes air stewardesses look like Sir Isaac Newton

Have you ever thought about moving to Britain? Your form of cunttarded retardation would fit in far better here, and it would be much better for your self-loathing leftie lifestyle, and there are also practical considerations about it that add to what I already said.

Now, as you know, all members of the western Leftist cult, no matter what country they live in, you spend a daily vigil where you wait for a gold medal to be delivered, with your name written on it, which says "For Services to Sucking Up to The World's Most Violent And Insane Religion, ISISlam. Well done you", etc..

You know that you do this every single day. Britain would be better suited for you because in your country, you have the mailbox at the edge of the property. But in Europe we have letterboxes in the door, and they're usually located in the middle of the door, height-wise. So you'd be "safer" in your house, for two reasons I'll go into. 

(Here's a basic model example)
front-door-glazed-internal-560x767.thumb.jpg.d98b722b3d106c703ead935f71a9180c.jpg

As long as still seem to have some residual interest in a gay sex life (or at least you claim to, by posting here). It means you can be indoors and your partner can nail you up the ass while you're bending over at the letterbox waiting for the non-existant medal to show up (that is, assuming he hasn't left you because of what I said in the 1st line of this post - knowing that you don't get your thrill from him, but from someone else).... you can't do that outdoors on a residential street in America, can you?

Also, you'd be "safe" in your own property because those long-established "red flag" laws in Illinois failed to stop that insane cross-dressing narcissist from shooting up the July 4th parade. So really, in theory, in your current location you could get shot by a Biden-era narcissist/angry young person (or angry middle-aged black guy, like the NYC subway shooter!) while you're out there at the front yard of your own property, while waiting for your medal. And that would offend you greatly, because like all pro-ISISlam lefties, you have a deep, demented but determined lust for homophobic caveman Muslims - you would hate it if an American took your life instead of a Muslim. It would be a real disappointment to you, you've been looking forward to your own Sharia execution for so long, the idea turns you on so much.

Also in Britain, so much of our country is owned by rich wife-beating Arabs now, so the culture of our country is changing and gays could all have our rights taken away -really, just any second the government could say "we've changed our mind". , and people just generally sound and act more homophobic now. So that would speed up your self-loathing suicide a lot.  If I can clean up America just 0.0000001% by getting you to go be you somewhere else, that would make me feel better.

PLUS, since your greatest thrill is moderating me, you wouldn't have to wait for the time differences! No more catching up with what I wrote at 4PM British time, at some other time!

Are you always this defensive when participating in a discussion?

And might I suggest you take 10 % of the energy used in these un-called-for personal attacks on our fellow members/moderator and use that to actual read, research and find facts and arguments about the actual subject of this thread?

Which - I'll remind you - is the concurring opinion written by Justice Thomas in which he would like the right to have homosexual sex and the right to marry someone of the same gender, to be also readdressed and possibly overturned  because in his view, the US constitution provides not a substantial enough basis for all of these earlier SCOTUS rulings.

In short, I'd like you to stop trolling.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

Are you always this defensive when participating in a discussion?

And might I suggest you take 10 % of the energy used in these un-called-for personal attacks on our fellow members/moderator and use that to actual read, research and find facts and arguments about the actual subject of this thread?

Which - I'll remind you - is the concurring opinion written by Justice Thomas in which he would like the right to have homosexual sex and the right to marry someone of the same gender, to be also readdressed and possibly overturned  because in his view, the US constitution provides not a substantial enough basis for all of these earlier SCOTUS rulings.

In short, I'd like you to stop trolling.

Well said Barelover666!

If I had replied to this troll it would have been a lot more colourful!!

On 7/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, BareLover666 said:

If you set a HIGHER standard for Justice Thomas because of his skin-colour/race, that is actual racism. 

The same goes for people using a reasoning like 'Israelis should know better' because of the Holocaust, when it concerns the treatment of Palestines.
That's antisemitic. 

I would be a racist, if I'd expect you to leave race out of it, because you're homosexual or bisexual and 'should know what discrimination feels like'.  I'm not asking it for that reason.
I'm asking to leave Thomas' and his wife's race out of it, because the fight for gay rights, like reproductive rights is SERIOUS and we need SERIOUS arguments and tactics so the best ideas win.

You can call Justice Thomas for what he is because of his actions:
An asshole indeed although that - to me - would be an insult to actual assholes everywhere and I'd like to apologise especially to the one's I've happily fucked for the comparison. 😉 

But seriously and although I'd hate to say it, his reasoning is at least coherent (Loving is not entirely a good comparison to Roe) and it does place on the Americans (the US part anyway..) the burden to get going and convince 51 % of the electorate and possibly 67 % of the electorate in every US-state to lay down some basic human rights  in amendments to your constitution. 

That's the way forward imo.
And I hope that unlike this old and dimwitted continent I'm from you won't need to experience a holocaust and it's monstrosities before you carve these principles in stone. 

Yeah the way people and the media are focusing on Clarence Thomas' race, while calling him outdated racist names like the one that ends in Tom, is hypocritical and disturbing, but not surprising.  I neither like or dislike Thomas.

8 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

Yeah the way people and the media are focusing on Clarence Thomas' race, while calling him outdated racist names like the one that ends in Tom, is hypocritical and disturbing, but not surprising.  I neither like or dislike Thomas.

Who called him a bottom? 😂

On 7/4/2022 at 7:22 AM, BareLover666 said:

With that same reasoning people might be against offering treatment against HIV and AIDS, as there are other sexual acts to enjoy besides fucking and sucking, there is also safe sex and of course condoms. 

There are also many, many people who would allow abortions at he very least when it endangers the health and life of the mother, and after a woman has been raped. 

I would like everyone - not just you - to leave the colour of Justice Thomas' skin (and that of his wife) out of this discussion.

A black man didn't overturn Roe v Wade, a republican-appointed majority of the Supreme Court did; of which Justice Thomas is but one member.

He IS however, the one who in his concurrent opinion calls to 'revisit' gay rights as they are now based on comparable earlier SCOTUS-rulings and interpretations of amendments to the US Constitution.

That's why the following contribution you give just isn't true:

I will again quote from Justice Thomas' opinion:

"The Court today declines to disturb substantive due process jurisprudence generally or the doctrine’s application in other, specific contexts. Cases like Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U. S. 479 (1965) (right of married persons to obtain con- traceptives)*; Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U. S. 558 (2003) (right to engage in private, consensual sexual acts); and Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U. S. 644 (2015) (right to same-sex marriage), are not at issue. The Court’s abortion cases are unique, see ante, at 31–32, 66, 71–72, and no party has asked us to decide “whether our entire Fourteenth Amendment jurisprudence must be preserved or revised,” McDonald, 561 U. S., at 813 (opinion of THOMAS, J.). Thus, I agree that “[n]othing in [the Court’s] opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion.” Ante, at 66.

For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell. Because any substantive due process decision is “demonstrably erroneous,” Ramos v. Louisiana, 590 U. S. ___, ___ (2020) (THOMAS, J., concurring in judgment) (slip op., at 7), we have a duty to “correct the error” established in those precedents, Gamble v. United States, 587 U. S. ___, ___ (2019) (THOMAS, J., concurring) (slip op., at 9)."

(Emphasis added).

Source: [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

I'm not saying Justice Thomas is 'fear mongering' (your words) but he is the one who has opened this can of worms.

You do realise, by claiming that "both major parties in the USA have been the same for over 50 years and sold out/fucked over the American public long ago." you - as a member of that same American public - you are yourself saying you're a victim?

Nope I am not a victim. I just know the two party system is broken and it is why I do not vote or support, or have membership in either party.

The theory about non-pro abortion people denying poz people meds has nothing to do with abortion. If someone is poz or living with AIDS it is up to them and their choice to go on meds, not go on them, stop taking them, start taking them, etc.

There are many moderate pro life people who are for abortion in the case of rape, incest, or if it is medically necessary to save the woman but are against it when it is used instead of birth control or after the first trimester. It is actually less expensive and safer to use condoms with other types of birth control than it is to have an abortion or multiple abortions. Women also die from supposedly "safe and legal" abortions all the time.

Edited by TotalTop

20 hours ago, MikeDelRay said:

Do you tell others the fact that the greatest thrill in your life is "moderating" or silencing some guy from England who you've never met, will probably never meet and you have no idea what he looks like? Like, do you tell your partner? Therapist? 

It's a pretty weird sad thing isn't it, little man.

Umm, since I'm still the smartest person you'll ever know - unfortunately, silencing me doesn't magically stop the fact that I would be smarter than you even after a brain-squishing ski accident that leaves me in a coma for 18 months)...

I came up with an idea/plan for your ditzy bimbo ass... you know, your ass that makes air stewardesses look like Sir Isaac Newton

Have you ever thought about moving to Britain? Your form of cunttarded retardation would fit in far better here, and it would be much better for your self-loathing leftie lifestyle, and there are also practical considerations about it that add to what I already said.

Now, as you know, all members of the western Leftist cult, no matter what country they live in, you spend a daily vigil where you wait for a gold medal to be delivered, with your name written on it, which says "For Services to Sucking Up to The World's Most Violent And Insane Religion, ISISlam. Well done you", etc..

You know that you do this every single day. Britain would be better suited for you because in your country, you have the mailbox at the edge of the property. But in Europe we have letterboxes in the door, and they're usually located in the middle of the door, height-wise. So you'd be "safer" in your house, for two reasons I'll go into. 

(Here's a basic model example)
front-door-glazed-internal-560x767.thumb.jpg.d98b722b3d106c703ead935f71a9180c.jpg

As long as still seem to have some residual interest in a gay sex life (or at least you claim to, by posting here). It means you can be indoors and your partner can nail you up the ass while you're bending over at the letterbox waiting for the non-existant medal to show up (that is, assuming he hasn't left you because of what I said in the 1st line of this post - knowing that you don't get your thrill from him, but from someone else).... you can't do that outdoors on a residential street in America, can you?

Also, you'd be "safe" in your own property because those long-established "red flag" laws in Illinois failed to stop that insane cross-dressing narcissist from shooting up the July 4th parade. So really, in theory, in your current location you could get shot by a Biden-era narcissist/angry young person (or angry middle-aged black guy, like the NYC subway shooter!) while you're out there at the front yard of your own property, while waiting for your medal. And that would offend you greatly, because like all pro-ISISlam lefties, you have a deep, demented but determined lust for homophobic caveman Muslims - you would hate it if an American took your life instead of a Muslim. It would be a real disappointment to you, you've been looking forward to your own Sharia execution for so long, the idea turns you on so much.

Also in Britain, so much of our country is owned by rich wife-beating Arabs now, so the culture of our country is changing and gays could all have our rights taken away -really, just any second the government could say "we've changed our mind". , and people just generally sound and act more homophobic now. So that would speed up your self-loathing suicide a lot.  If I can clean up America just 0.0000001% by getting you to go be you somewhere else, that would make me feel better.

PLUS, since your greatest thrill is moderating me, you wouldn't have to wait for the time differences! No more catching up with what I wrote at 4PM British time, at some other time!

Will France ever adopt Sharia law? 

52 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

Nope I am not a victim. I just know the two party system is broken and it is why I do not vote or support, or have membership in either party.

That's clarified, thanks.

54 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

The theory about non-pro abortion people denying poz people meds has nothing to do with abortion. If someone is poz or living with AIDS it is up to them and their choice to go on meds, not go on them, stop taking them, start taking them, etc.

There are many moderate pro life people who are for abortion in the case of rape, incest, or if it is medically necessary to save the woman but are against it when it is used instead of birth control or after the first trimester. It is actually less expensive and safer to use condoms with other types of birth control than it is to have an abortion or multiple abortions. Women also die from supposedly "safe and legal" abortions all the time.

Yeah, my analogy between not allowing abortions and not allowing anti-retroviral medication was probably more than a little far-fetched. 

I can't imagine that anyone would seriously view abortion as a form of birth control, and I've only seen that particular reason named in some rather raunchy photographic cartoons. It is as you say: using other means (the contraceptive pill I think has a high effectiveness in preventing conception) are easier, cheaper and safer for the woman in question.

So hopefully women will keep acces to real contraceptives and not be slut-shamed in any way for using them. Perhaps the analogy between contraceptive pills and PrEP does work in that regard, that there is at times a form of shaming against people using PrEP and those medication too should be accessible and affordable for anyone who wants to use them.

I do hope nobody in their right mind will suggest abstinence as the solution to prevent both pregnancies and HIV like the Catholic Church does (who - in my not professional opinion - are out of their mind).

Glad we have some common ground here, in that there can be good reasons for allowing abortions, the health of mother being one of them. Personally I hope the 'heart-beat' rule goes overboard in the Srates that have implemented them because that means in effect that de foetus is considered to be a separate human being before the woman might realise she's pregnant. 
When the life of the mother is at risk, possibly even then an abortion might still be legally possible (if States allow this); But this creates a very harsh judicial dilemma that could negatively effect women who really don't want to give birth to child if the conception was the result of rape.

These are complicated issues of - literarily - life and death. 

And coming back to the concurrent opinion of Justice Thomas I do hope that some basic principles concerning a free availability of contraceptives will be safeguarded more strongly - just in case religious lunatics come into power - just as that our rights as gay, lesbian and bisexual - with an emphasis on sexual - human beings might need to be protected in a stronger way than just by a SCOTUS ruling.

Hopefully you guys don't mind a foreigner butting in here; It's not that The Netherlands is perfect in any way. For years our government has chosen to refuse asylum for homosexual refugees from the Middle East, when they found 'they could have stayed in the closet'.
My point being, that it's good sense to watch out for these foolish and harmful tendencies wherever we live, and it doesn't matter that much if you have a two party system, or a multi party system.  

Democratic processes are not perfect, can never be perfect but it would be nice if all that engage in it, even just by voting, to try hear each other, think and want the best ideas to win. 

(Sorry for blabbing on like this - again. I could have been more concise but I wasn't). 😉