How many guys are into satanic beliefs? Satanic religion? Why

virginpig14

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

Interesting subject matter.

For my part, I've spent no small amount of time reflecting on the issue of the supernatural (having it shoved up my tiny little ass as a little kid).  All these many year later, I've arrived at the conclusion that the supernatural is nothing more than a human contrivance, developed through the millennia to 1.) assuage the intellectual curiosity of we human beings, and 2). keep us in line, under control, afraid of of our selves, our natural instincts, our human nature, afraid of not getting our share of the pie-in-the-sky, and dancing on the marionette strings as manipulated by the powerful.  

Religion - regardless of which brand, hypothesis, kind of magic it peddles, blah blah blah, hasn't proven worthy of serious consideration, in my opinion.  If it has for others, great - have at it - and my best wishes for everyone to have a great life.

I think your response to this is the best i ve read and I totally agree with everything you said here. I think religon of any faith is merely an attempt for the powerful to control society. Personally i don't think there's anything after life here and if there is i don't think think i'm going to a place called hell because of it. i think mankind has elevated itself thinking we are so important that weit can't accept this is it when it's over and we  will answer to a higher being for what we do here. There is the question of what started the universe or who. There are scientific explanations for all the miracles in the bible if you believe in all that ..but the question remains what about all the souls from BC? i live a good life, help people when i can am responsible for myself and pay my bills so i don't think im destined to living a life for my sexual activity with my soul burning for eternity. Most people just need something to hold onto when there's nothing or no one else so they reach out to religon. Your reply reinforces my beliefs, i'm glad you wrote it.

• Thanks 1

Every Christian believes in the Devil and every Satanist believes in God. Satanists just worship Sarah Palin instead of God. Since one believes in the Devil knows that Gods Will will prevail (because he is ehm God) and Devil is not gonna "take over the place" because ehm he is not. That's how I see it (but I'm not religious). I believe that all that lust, sex etc is just a fabrication of Hollywood and pop cuture and has nothing to do with the real believes of Satanism.

Why don't u try the Greek Gods? I believe there are way more interesting things (that were "borrowed" by the Christians. You want a god of love? You have Aphrodite. You want a God for drunk anonymous sex? You have Dionysus the god of wine. You want incest? Bitch please, we have Zeus. We have way darker things than that.

4 minutes ago, Sharp-edge said:

Every Christian believes in the Devil and every Satanist believes in God. Satanists just worship Sarah Palin instead of God. Since one believes in the Devil knows that Gods Will will prevail (because he is ehm God) and Devil is not gonna "take over the place" because ehm he is not. That's how I see it (but I'm not religious). I believe that all that lust, sex etc is just a fabrication of Hollywood and pop cuture and has nothing to do with the real believes of Satanism.

Why don't u try the Greek Gods? I believe there are way more interesting things (that were "borrowed" by the Christians. You want a god of love? You have Aphrodite. You want a God for drunk anonymous sex? You have Dionysus the god of wine. You want incest? Bitch please, we have Zeus. We have way darker things than that.

Zeus impregnated anything that moved and probably some that didn't. 😉 
Loki from the Northern mythology is anything but boring as well, seeing how he became the mother (!) of the eight-legged horse Sleipnir.

Talk about genderqueer...

19 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

- Love is something best talked about by poets, not myself. 
Except this; When someone tells you they love you, or they lie about who he or she is: That's certainly not it.

HUGE type-o. Should have read:

When someone tells you they love you, and they lie about who he or she is: That's certainly not it.

4 hours ago, Sharp-edge said:

If by "Every Christian" you mean "All Christian denominations", you might be correct. However, a majority of American Christians, at least, do not believe there is an actual Devil who exists. As far back as the late 1990's, polls showed that 95% of Americans believed in God but only about one-third believed the Devil exists. More than sixty percent said that the Devil is merely "a symbol of evil", not an actual entity.

In other words, as is so typically the case, what particular denominations define as doctrine, and what people who belong to those denominations actually believe, are two different things: see, for instance, Catholics and birth control.

Given the overall decline in religiosity since then, I'd imagine that the percentage of Christians who believe in the Devil may have risen, but that's only because the percentage of Americans who are Christian has declined.

7 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

If by "Every Christian" you mean "All Christian denominations", you might be correct. However, a majority of American Christians, at least, do not believe there is an actual Devil who exists. As far back as the late 1990's, polls showed that 95% of Americans believed in God but only about one-third believed the Devil exists. More than sixty percent said that the Devil is merely "a symbol of evil", not an actual entity.

In other words, as is so typically the case, what particular denominations define as doctrine, and what people who belong to those denominations actually believe, are two different things: see, for instance, Catholics and birth control.

Given the overall decline in religiosity since then, I'd imagine that the percentage of Christians who believe in the Devil may have risen, but that's only because the percentage of Americans who are Christian has declined.

Theologically speaking, if one considers himself a Christian (orthodox, catholic, protestant) he has to believe in Devil, Lucifer the fallen angel. If not he would be considered a heretic if a Christian at all. I know that there are deviations between differet dogmas but the existence of the devil is a core concept. 

4 minutes ago, Sharp-edge said:

Theologically speaking, if one considers himself a Christian (orthodox, catholic, protestant) he has to believe in Devil, Lucifer the fallen angel. If not he would be considered a heretic if a Christian at all. I know that there are deviations between differet dogmas but the existence of the devil is a core concept. 

You're presuming to dictate to people what they must believe. That's always a bad idea.

If a Catholic can believe that using artificial birth control is acceptable, even though the Catholic Church teaches that it's a sin, and yet still consider himself a Catholic, why couldn't a  Christian believe that there is no actual Devil, even though Christian theology teaches that he does, and yet still consider himself a Christian?

Regardless: there are multiple creeds (the Apostle's Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed) that form the basis of Christian beliefs, and not one of them mentions the Devil. He doesn't exist in Jewish theology as an entity or person, and you'd think if he was so central to the story, from start to finish, the Old Testament would reference him, but it doesn't. (Genesis only mentions a "serpent".)

And in fact the name "Lucifer" wasn't applied to the Devil until the King James version of the Bible, in the 17th century.

In a nutshell: there's nothing in Christianity incompatible with the idea that "the Devil" is merely a metaphorical figurehead for evil - that is, unless you take every word of the Bible as literally true, in which case, a site that promotes bareback fucking between men is probably the wrong site for you.

• Like 1

Thanks to BareLover666 I actually got the Satanic Bible and it’s a real good read, hard to believe it was published in 1968. It really destroys all religious brainwashing and it’s very positive on human sexuality and it encourages us to follow our sexual instincts without hurting anyone (except if that’s exactly what our sexual partner wants).. . Very eye-opening.

• Like 1

Well the main dogmas of Christianity do mention and believe in the devil. Everyone can believe what he wants but if you don't believe in Devil why being a Christian? It's like ignoring half the Bible. 

For me being a Christian but not believing in the existence of Devil is like being a vegan and eating meat. It just doesn't make sense. Unless someone wants to believe in a heretic branch that has a totally different perspective.

3 hours ago, Sharp-edge said:

Well the main dogmas of Christianity do mention and believe in the devil. Everyone can believe what he wants but if you don't believe in Devil why being a Christian? It's like ignoring half the Bible. 

For me being a Christian but not believing in the existence of Devil is like being a vegan and eating meat. It just doesn't make sense. Unless someone wants to believe in a heretic branch that has a totally different perspective.

I will respectfully (one last time) repeat that the devil does not appear in "half the Bible". In point of fact, it's quite possible to interpret the descriptions of the devil as a metaphor, not a literal entity, and in any event, there are only a handful of references to this supposed entity. And no, the main dogmas of Christianity - which are the aforementioned Creeds, aka statements of faith - do not reference the Devil at all. Period. None of them. Just because belief in X is *commonplace* in many sects of Christianity does not mean it is *required* that you believe in X to be Christian. 

As for your question "why being [sic] a Christian?", it's NOT YOUR PLACE to gatekeep all of Christianity. Nobody asked you to.

Now, for your personal life, if you can't imagine being a Christian and not believing in the Devil, then don't. Nobody's telling you that you must. Why you feel compelled to tell others what THEY must believe (A requires B) is beyond me.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, TightBott7 said:

Thanks to BareLover666 I actually got the Satanic Bible and it’s a real good read, hard to believe it was published in 1968. It really destroys all religious brainwashing and it’s very positive on human sexuality and it encourages us to follow our sexual instincts without hurting anyone (except if that’s exactly what our sexual partner wants).. . Very eye-opening.

I felt it still is a good read, thought-provoking and for anyone interested in Satanism: start with that. One can leave it at that, or do whatever they want.
Anton LaVey also provides some of his basic insights in human psychology, although possibly not a very optimistic one per se.
Glad to have helped.

14 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

As far back as the late 1990's, polls showed that 95% of Americans believed in God

Really...? 

It's not a very unifying concept is it - believing in this god- person - if numbers are still that high today? My criticism is not directed exclusively at Americans even when they are  - but this re-affirms my view that there's a lot of hate, violence and indifference in the world, between people believing in God, JHWH, Allah or whatever.

And with my apologies for upsetting anyone - although not for hurting their religious feelings because I seriously think then you really need to doubt more and grow a sense of humour: 
- If 95 % of people (from wherever in the world) believes something without empirical or scientific proof, they'll believe anything;
- It explains why so many people believe in conspiracies, gossip and fake news by lying politicians and crafty commercials and companies who want your money;
- I really feel that it shouldn't be exempt from the appropriate Psychiatric diagnoses, e.g. psychosis; 
If you feel that the Devil, demons, angels or gods exist I really think you need to be able to seek professional mental help.
It has no place for grown men and women to believe in fairy tales...

13 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

You're presuming to dictate to people what they must believe. That's always a bad idea.

Hear, Hear!
But does it include my preaching they really should't believe with such an absolute certainty, and doubt a lot more?

*) I don't mean doubt science... especially please anyone: do not doubt Covid-19 vaccines or the existence of viruses... 

13 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

((Devil)) doesn't exist in Jewish theology as an entity or person

I stand corrected. 

13 hours ago, Sharp-edge said:

Unless someone wants to believe in a heretic branch that has a totally different perspective.

In your (longer) edition to the conversation you actually sum up why I feel believing in the Devil as an existing entity or person doesn't rub well with me;
It would imply the existence of a benevolent and (near-) all powerful God as well, which I cannot accept.

Perhaps we need more heretics to challenge and test existing preconceptions in our societies, to rid ourselves of false (meaning baseless and unhelpful) ones. That might be the function of having a - symbolic - adversary.

Personally I have a higher lever of tolerance for people believing in a god or gods for comfort and consolation - life can be hard and if it helps someone, I'm happy for them. I do fear it has the opposite effect and keeps them feeling powerless, lonely or hurt by offering a source of source of strength outside of themselves in stead of helping them to find that strength inside of them - or discover that they have always had this strength.
Religion and faith then stand in the way of empowerment. 

And a belief in the Devil on the other hand can too easily be a scapegoat for the evils that are all too human, resulting from traits like selfishnes, stupidity, closed-mindedness and suffering from a lack of empathy. Believing it was a Serpent why we are not living in a paradise now, takes away Adam's and Eve's responsibility for listening to a lying, smooth-talking snake.
One should never blindly follow prophets. Or politicians for that matter.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

One should never blindly follow prophets. Or politicians for that matter

Do you mean there's much of a difference ??? Seems to me they both borrow each other's dogma rather frequently - like two peas in a pod.  Hopefully not in your country, but here in the US, for sure !!

39 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Do you mean there's much of a difference ??? Seems to me they both borrow each other's dogma rather frequently - like two peas in a pod.  Hopefully not in your country, but here in the US, for sure !!

Same is happening here more and more.

It's true what I heard once when I was still young and beautiful, that things that trends in the US ultimately occur in Europe / The Netherlands too.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

If you feel that the Devil, demons, angels or gods exist I really think you need to be able to seek professional mental help.
It has no place for grown men and women to believe in fairy tales...

I think most people are able to seek professional mental help. Whether they "need" it is a topic for debate. Even Freemasonry, a group that has long been speculated as having associations with Satanism, holds a requirement that you have a belief in a "supreme being". For just that one constituency, we could keep a lot of mental health professionals gainfully employed for quite some time if we take your statement as gospel. 😁

Does their belief interfere with your exercise of your own beliefs? Probably not. I could have belief in conspiracies that some would find incredulous...at least until they're actually proven. Is that so fundamentally different than your lack of belief in God or its accompaniments? Is it illogical to believe that someone or something is the personification of demons, angels, pure evil or the like? Does it harm you or anyone for someone else to believe in Jesus Christ or Mohammed or Buddha? 

Perhaps we could use the example of "Does Santa Claus exist?" As a single entity, no. As an ideal of generosity and the virtue of giving, yes, regardless of whether it is a single person. Perhaps that is what many or most tend to attribute to your idea of "God, Devil, demons and angels", though it doesn't exist in a firm and single individual or a very concise definition. 

Just a thought.