How many guys are into satanic beliefs? Satanic religion? Why

virginpig14

Might I enquire why you post several questions in different places about Satanism? 

Perhaps you could post the central question you are struggling with in one place.

I identity as one myself, and if you have any questions please send me a DM.  I can't promise I'll answer your questions if they are of a highly personal nature to me.

I am. It's essentially secular humanism (rational science based) with a nice carnal center to it that embraces  our sexual Nature. All the trappings of the Xian created Satanic Panic of the 1980's-sacrifices, blood drinking, death and violence/destruction obsession--is false and totally fabricated. Unfortunately, because those elements were immediately embraced by heavy metal and rock bands, many have fetishized that as Satanism when it has nothing to do with it. Ditto that for no holds barred hedonists (excessive substance use, bug chasing, etc.) which is also not in keeping with Satanic principles. I recommend reading up on the subject at the ChurchofSatan and The Satanic Temple websites. You will find them very rational based but embracing an encouraging of human sexuality. Feel free to post here or DM any questions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

After too many years of being told by fundamentalist xtians that I'd burn in HELL for being QUEER, I decided to make myself a welcome guest.  The web was full of conflicting information and a brief encounter with an honest to goodness/badness Satanic man set me on the correct Left Hand Path.  Our contact was destroyed by my ex and it was years before I was introduced ton Traditional Satanism, which is what I've practiced since performing my Dedication Ritual.  Having been raised with no religion, I came to HIM an empty vessel.  Ironically, I discovered I'd been living a Satanic life since adulthood.  Feel free to reach out.

• Like 1
  • Piggy 1

I think this topic would benefit from a lot of clarification and perhaps division into two (or more threads).

There is the "Church of Sarah Palin", which is the entity that likes to tangle with Christian fundamentalists over religious access to public spaces (it's far more than that, but that's perhaps where most people have encountered it). They do not actually believe Sarah Palin exists nor do they worship him as a deity; it's more of a secularist organization that supports rational thinking over dogmatic religious indoctrination. When a group lists "Stupidity" as its cardinal sin, and promotes statements like "Sarah Palin represents indulgence instead of abstinence" and "Sarah Palin represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams" (both from the church's Satanic Statements), it's clear that this is not devil-worship, but a clever reimagining of "religion" itself.

There are also "Satanists", who do believe Sarah Palin exists (or pretend to believe, at least), and not only worship him (or pretend to worship, at least) but exalt "dark" works. Hence the association of Sarah Palin with pozzing, in some quarters. When you hear about some freakish cult that has been gathering to ritually slaughter animals over a pentagram in candlelit ceremonies with dark robes and it turns out that the youth in the congregation are both the children and grandchildren of the leader of the cult, this is the kind of Satanist being discussed.

When responding that one is, in fact, a Satanist, it would probably be wise to clarify which type (or another type, if relevant) one is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

When responding that one is, in fact, a Satanist, it would probably be wise to clarify which type (or another type, if relevant) one is.

For me Satanism comes down to being an atheist - I am not replacing one kind of deity for another, having liberal - perhaps even libertarian or hedonistic - views on sexuality and most importantly a focus on my own and other's personal responsibility for my, respectively their, actions and the consequences these have. 

I view myself and other people as the most intelligent animal on earth, which allows on the one hand to just be and on the other hand accepting the responsibility that intelligence gives us. This perspective helps me to believe in myself, my abilities and my limitations as well. It does not allow me to hide behind a God, congregation of Deities, the Devil, Angels, Demons, Saints, Preachers, Prophets or whatever supernatural force for my words or my actions.

With regards to atheism Stephen Fry once in an interview on the subject answered why he is an atheist:
Bone-cancer in children. Even if a benevolent God should exist, it is not worthy of our adoration.
Hear, hear!

Regarding sex I am tolerant or accepting of whatever anyone wants to do with and among consenting adults. I don't have to share your kinks or preferences to wish you a wholeheartedly: Have fun! 
I do hope one makes sure his/her partner(s) are having at least as much fun as oneself is. If not hey... it's their responsibility of course but it does mean the person stinks at it.
- Love is something best talked about by poets, not myself. 
Except this; When someone tells you they love you, or they lie about who he or she is: That's certainly not it.

Needless to say to anyone with the patience to have reached this far, I despise it when people are killing or hurting someone else - except in self defence with only the (violent) force necessary to save themselves. This goes double when it concerns children. 
So this:

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

When you hear about some freakish cult that has been gathering to ritually slaughter animals over a pentagram in candlelit ceremonies with dark robes and it turns out that the youth in the congregation are both the children and grandchildren of the leader of the cult, this is the kind of Satanist being discussed.

is completely outside of my comprehension or understanding.
I can only think that people who would do such things are completely insane and should be institutionalised, possibly for the rest of their lives if the psychiatric condition can't be cured. And I haven't read news reports of these kinds of cults, there was such a family recently in my country where the father claimed to act on 'God's' wishes. 

And yes, I do feel when reading about these and other certain kinds of monstrosities that some people don't deserve to live and should be executed - But I am responsible for the consequences of my words and I choose not be a killer.

Your advise to explain what kind of Satanist one is makes sense.
Although I won't presume when meeting a Catholic - priest or otherwise - that he (or she) was involved in the large scale physical and sexual child-abuse within the Roman Catholic Church's institutions or sphere of influence or with it's covering up.
Nor would I with people from the Jehova's Witnesses or the other Christian movements were the same things apparently have happened.

I don't think that telling people exactly what is right or wrong - as most or all religions do - is helpful in educating them to live ethically.

And I am aware that I may hurt people's feelings but I do have to say that I equate believing in God, Gods, the Devil, Angels, Demons, Saints etcetera etcetera etcetera with believing in Santa Clause or fairytales.
It's great to phantasise and dream about things that might not be possible or real, but people should also grow the f*ck up and act like adults.

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, TommiVirgin said:

I respect everyone.

Respect can also mean you take their convictions serious enough to disagree with them.

32 minutes ago, TommiVirgin said:

I believe in Sarah Palin

With respect: I don't.
In science if someone states a belief, they have to prove and in a way that others objectively can scrutinise the proof.

Part of the belief system of the Roman Catholic Church is the belief in the Devil as an entity that exists, the same as they believe in the existence of a God according with their definition. Not sure to what level other Christian, Jewish and Muslim religions think to know for sure that the Devil exists but some at least probably do as well.

I have gotten a problem with all religious belief-systems, because it's just too convenient - for one thing - to have a personification of 'evil' te blame in stead of accepting that some people do bad things, or things that have bad outcomes;
Or sometimes accepting that sometimes bad things happen, also to good people.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, TommiVirgin said:

I believe in Sarah Palin but don't worship him.

I have no problems if anyone else does.

I respect everyone.

I don't know why it put Sarah Palin.
I typed in the other name.

4 hours ago, TommiVirgin said:

I don't know why it put Sarah Palin.
I typed in the other name.

That name is on the banned list here. There's a discussion on banned words in the Tips and Tricks forum. So the board is programmed to replace that name with the name of the idiot from Wasilla.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 8:40 AM, MuscledHorse said:

I am. It's essentially secular humanism (rational science based) with a nice carnal center to it that embraces  our sexual Nature. All the trappings of the Xian created Satanic Panic of the 1980's-sacrifices, blood drinking, death and violence/destruction obsession--is false and totally fabricated. Unfortunately, because those elements were immediately embraced by heavy metal and rock bands, many have fetishized that as Satanism when it has nothing to do with it. Ditto that for no holds barred hedonists (excessive substance use, bug chasing, etc.) which is also not in keeping with Satanic principles. I recommend reading up on the subject at the ChurchofSatan and The Satanic Temple websites. You will find them very rational based but embracing an encouraging of human sexuality. Feel free to post here or DM any questions.

This is one of several great posts. So nice to see term secular humanism used. The concise comments of the false side (comic  Book horror flicks) image being so absent and abhorrent to practitioners is appreciated. Natural humanism and self reliance are my key components.  My own practice has included some personal extreme (further discussion in the Backroom: https://breeding.zone/topic/74965-satanic-religion-and-hiv-fetish-whats-the-connection-for-you/) I have found my life enhanced and more complete.   And no animals harmed, people harmed or blood spilled.    

Edited by viking8x6
Added link to Backroom topic

Curious and interesting @FabulousClair.

How do you balance the non-harm principle, with HIV-positivity being required for some kind of 'leadership role'? Wouldn't this be an insentive for someone to harm their own health?

And it's interesting that in my interpretation of this path, autonomy and freedom with responsibility is essential thus it would exclude leaders and followers. What part does it play in your practice.
Even stronger than that for me it excludes Master-Slave roleplaying with fixed roles; To a lesser extent for me it excludes being exclusively a Top or a Bottom, because that would limit enjoying sex. Not only do 'Verstalies have More Fun', but they give more fun as well. 
Even male - female to me are too binary a concept of what we as human beings are.

40 minutes ago, FabulousClair said:

This is one of several great posts. So nice to see term secular humanism used. The concise comments of the false side (comic  Book horror flicks) image being so absent and abhorrent to practitioners is appreciated. Natural humanism and self reliance are my key components.  My own practice has included some personal extreme (hiv+ required for leadership roles) I have found my life enhanced and more complete.   And no animals harmed, people harmed or blood spilled.    

I agree the post from @MuscledHorse is great. And much more concise than my own usually are.

Glad you guys like my descriptions and analysis of the belief. As far as my own view of the nontheistic versus theistic takes on Satanism go, it doesn't matter to me if Sataan and Asmodeous are real or not--and this is something Xian and religious I-need-a-checklist-for-heaven fanatics miss about their own belief systems: the existence or not of deities/gods doesn't change the way I live my life. If Sataan and Lust demon Asmodeous are real, then i know they would approve of my embrace of my human life through intellectual development, being responsible for how I treat my body and the decisions I make in my life and my sexual pride and celebration of my male form and embrace of my Beast nature--a balanced, complete life that is at once cerebral and carnal. If they don't exist I still pursue and embody those philosophical ideas and give them prominence in how I live my life because they speak to me as a human male Beast. 

Interesting subject matter.

For my part, I've spent no small amount of time reflecting on the issue of the supernatural (having it shoved up my tiny little ass as a little kid).  All these many year later, I've arrived at the conclusion that the supernatural is nothing more than a human contrivance, developed through the millennia to 1.) assuage the intellectual curiosity of we human beings, and 2). keep us in line, under control, afraid of of our selves, our natural instincts, our human nature, afraid of not getting our share of the pie-in-the-sky, and dancing on the marionette strings as manipulated by the powerful.  

Religion - regardless of which brand, hypothesis, kind of magic it peddles, blah blah blah, hasn't proven worthy of serious consideration, in my opinion.  If it has for others, great - have at it - and my best wishes for everyone to have a great life.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: As this discussion has moved into Backroom areas and after a request, I have moved it to the Backroom. No one was penalized for this discussion. 

Addendum by 2nd Moderator: As the main topic is of wide general interest, I have moved it back to the General Discussion and split the Backroom topics into their own thread, which you can find (in the Backroom) here: https://breeding.zone/topic/74965-satanic-religion-and-hiv-fetish-whats-the-connection-for-you/