Barring Status Updates / Public Messages by others on a profile?

Hi,

I couldn't find a post concerning my question when I searched for the answer, so I'm posting my question here.

Is it possible, to change settings with the effect that other members can no longer post Public Messages / Status Updates on my profile?
And if so: how and where?

Thanx to the Mod-team for removing some I found earlier today after I reported them.

12 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

as far as I can remember it's on the "edit profile" page. Or in the settings. I don't clearly remember now, but there is a switch called "enable status updates". If it's on, you can write and receive status messages; if it's off, no one can write you publicly. 

Thanks!

It's under 'edit profile' right at the top, immediately after entering your date of birth.
I completely overlooked it several times earlier.

Note to self: Must put on reading glasses... 😉 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

I completely overlooked it several times earlier.

You're not the only one! I was looking for it yesterday on your behalf and I couldn't find it either. But it's right there, and on my screen it was even bright blue! SMH.

• Like 1

I bet @BlindRawFucker1 with his talking devices would have found it immediately! 

I have web/computer experiences with visually impaired people where they control an interface by keyboard only, and listening to text to speech, and they get rid of obstacles better than us sighted! This should convince interface and site producers to build and design more accessible interfaces for EVERYONE. 

Often they over-talk about inclusion without even knowing what it really means, this is a battle I openly fight. I have no physical or sensory disability. I'm "just" poz. But people should not consider just matters that concern their very own condition. 

That said, this status messages switch is disabled by default, I assume; at least when I joined here, I had no ability to be reached publicly on my feed. I had to enable it! 

1 hour ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

That said, this status messages switch is disabled by default, I assume; at least when I joined here, I had no ability to be reached publicly on my feed. I had to enable it! 

Yep, but as I joined over 3 years ago I apparently forgot where the blasted thing was.

It is awesome to experience that we as a community are helping one another.

1 hour ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

This should convince interface and site producers to build and design more accessible interfaces for EVERYONE. 

True, but as BZ is free and the moderators are putting their own personal time in to keep the website and our online community afloat I'm not complaining.

16 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

Yep, but as I joined over 3 years ago I apparently forgot where the blasted thing was.

It is awesome to experience that we as a community are helping one another.

True, but as BZ is free and the moderators are putting their own personal time in to keep the website and our online community afloat I'm not complaining.

We can give feedbacks, but not complain of anything.

This is a content management system which has been customized, and I know how many hours and case-studies there must be done for testing. In an environment like this, it's better that admins and mods work to keep this place the safest possible.

And to avoid security issues if possible, not to let personal and sensitive data go out in the world

On 8/16/2022 at 4:57 PM, viking8x6 said:

You're not the only one! I was looking for it yesterday on your behalf and I couldn't find it either. But it's right there, and on my screen it was even bright blue! SMH.

6 hours ago, evilcoyote said:

Omg, I missed it too and was looking after I saw the original post too! 

Grownups used to tell me that wanking would turn me blind..  😁

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
On 5/13/2023 at 2:09 AM, JamesL100 said:

Had an unwanted comment on my profile but can't see how to delete it. I guess it will drop off with my activity?

You can't delete posts by other members (even ones on your own activity feed). If you have problems with a post on your activity feed, report it (button in the upper right corner) and a moderator will take care of it. You can set your activity so that others cannot post on it, but it's all or nothing, so it's not super helpful. All these things are features of the platform on which BZ is built (which is third-party software), so the site owner doesn't have control over them.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.