Do sex clubs and bathhouses near you encourage you to bring sex toys?

NWUSHorny

I know this is the PNW and they need to get guys to pay admission to come into the club, but is there anywhere else in the world that encourages you to bring sex toys to play with. The last item on the list of facilities: "Toy Washing Sinks" make me think they are actually encouraging guys to come to the bathhouse and play dildos instead of actually have sex with each other. It probably doesn't make a difference since both of our bathhouses draw significant numbers of guys that come to play dildos, but if this were anywhere else in the world it seems like bringing sex toys to play with would actually be discouraged.

Untitled2.png

Edited by NWUSHorny

It does strike me as a little weird. I've never seen a "toy washing sink" specially advertised. All the same, I think you might be reading too much into it.

It might be a local health department requirement, or an odd throwaway line to describe a random sink. I don't think it's a major encouragement to bring toys.

Not in my experience.  There used to be a bar out west that had a sling, but the joint was poorly run, and didn't last.  I think it was called Los Arcoles, or something like that.  I remember the name meant "the arches" in Spanish.  Frankly, I wouldn't trust the cleanliness of other guy's toys anyway.  

6 hours ago, barebackbro said:

It does strike me as a little weird. I've never seen a "toy washing sink" specially advertised. All the same, I think you might be reading too much into it.

It might be a local health department requirement, or an odd throwaway line to describe a random sink. I don't think it's a major encouragement to bring toys.

Guys that bring toys to play with and won't touch anyone else's dick or let you touch their dick are pretty common here. There is nothing quite like being approached while in a sling by an offer to use his dildo on you but not fuck you, or approaching a guy that is ass up in his room that wants you to use a toy on him but won't let you fuck him even with a rubber, but I get both of those situations regularly.

The other bathhouse in town does not have toy washing facilities and neither did this one at it's former location. The sinks are well marked and have a dawn dish soap dispenser, "for degreasing your toys", one of them is a big custodial type scrub sink. The list of facilities posted above is from the main page of their website. My guess is they are trying to accommodate the local idiosyncracies and get guys in the door.

5 hours ago, Bottom Jim said:

I have heard or seen this

I'm curious as to where? In all of the other places I've been to sex clubs, they try to encourage actual sex rather than fetishes that don't involve penile penetration. 

3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Not in my experience.  There used to be a bar out west that had a sling, but the joint was poorly run, and didn't last.  I think it was called Los Arcoles, or something like that.  I remember the name meant "the arches" in Spanish.  Frankly, I wouldn't trust the cleanliness of other guy's toys anyway.  

They need to get bodies in the door paying admission, and the functionally lesbian (for lack of a better term) gay men are a group they seem to be able to attract. 

9 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

but I get both of those situations regularly.

Really ..... you do need to relocate at your earliest opportunity.  The examples you cite are just beyond sufferation.  Your estimable talents aren't being appreciated in your current location, and they are needed in other places.  

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen anything like this in Europe. Asia or anywhere else in Americas. It does looks like a PNW thing. Certainly the second line advertising "sex-free spaces" is for me as big of a red flag as it gets. With the "look at me how pretty I am" attitude, the entire PNW is a "Don't touch, don't approach" region.  Portland, Seattle, Vancouver are the most action-free cities I had been to. I am hard-pressed to find more Victorian sexually repressed atmosphere anywhere else in the world. I had more luck and action in Nashville, Mobile, or Riyadh than in Seattle or Portland. So, I am not surprised that you have to pay entrance fee to a sex club where you get to benefit from sex-free spaces and ´"toy washing sinks". Toys, which presumably have been thoroughly sterilised before being used by a guy in a cabin behind the locked door so nobody can see the Granola boy sucking on a double-condom'ed dildo.

No wonder when Alaska Airlines crew comes to Berlin on a staff ticket and go to the Lab they squeak like girls seeing a man's pee pee for the first time.... 

38 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Really ..... you do need to relocate at your earliest opportunity.  The examples you cite are just beyond sufferation.  Your estimable talents aren't being appreciated in your current location, and they are needed in other places.  

For non-sexual reasons, it will most likely be next spring before I finally make the move. I have hopes that I will be doing quite a bit of travel starting in late November, which should allow me to enjoy my talents more.The COVID years of not traveling have convinced me that living here is a non-tenable sexual situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EuRawVerse said:

Haven't seen anything like this in Europe. Asia or anywhere else in Americas. It does looks like a PNW thing. Certainly the second line advertising "sex-free spaces" is for me as big of a red flag as it gets. With the "look at me how pretty I am" attitude, the entire PNW is a "Don't touch, don't approach" region.  Portland, Seattle, Vancouver are the most action-free cities I had been to. I am hard-pressed to find more Victorian sexually repressed atmosphere anywhere else in the world. I had more luck and action in Nashville, Mobile, or Riyadh than in Seattle or Portland. So, I am not surprised that you have to pay entrance fee to a sex club where you get to benefit from sex-free spaces and ´"toy washing sinks". Toys, which presumably have been thoroughly sterilised before being used by a guy in a cabin behind the locked door so nobody can see the Granola boy sucking on a double-condom'ed dildo.

No wonder when Alaska Airlines crew comes to Berlin on a staff ticket and go to the Lab they squeak like girls seeing a man's pee pee for the first time.... 

I work throughout North America, and agree that it is unique to a region covers that covers PNW US and far western Canada of North America. Haven't had the opportunity to explore Europe that way, but it has always sounded like there are places that I would fit right in. Here sex free spaces and events that are predominately non-sexual are the norm. I haven't been to one for obvious reasons, but cuddle parties that explicitly prohibit all sexual contact are very popular and advertised on the hookup sites.

I've been criticized on this BZ in the past for telling guys thinking about moving from small Midwestern cities to Seattle or Portland, that casual sex is easier to attain in the small Midwestern cities than it is here. Putting aside the number of gays in the different areas, I have extensive experience in multiple small Midwestern cities and cities in the Great Plains and east in Canada that tell me the total number of potential partners isn't the only or even primary factor when it comes to hooking up. I will say that if you are into fetishes and kinks, and really don't care about the sexual act itself, that the PNW of the US and far western Canada are the place to be. They have groups for more fetishes and kinks than I've ever thought about, just don't go to one of their events, or do a 1 on 1 hookup with someone whose profile is about fetishes and kinks, and expect to fuck or get fucked, because it isn't likely to happen. In fact they will probably take offense at the idea of actually fucking.

Edited by NWUSHorny

Seriously. I lived in Seattle for ten years and I can say there is a decent group of freaks there who enjoy many things, but for the most part I was always on the outside of a clique trying to get in. The PNW community is insufferably insular. I know one guy on here that I've chatted with whom I wish I had met before I left because his time at Z sounds wonderfully different from my time. I'm not ugly either. My pics are real.

I spent a weekend in Portland, a whole night at the bath house and the only action I saw was a desperate old queen who just helped himself into my room literally one minute after I got there while I was still undressing. I went to the spa after that and soaked. Several guys joined me and left. I greeted them. They never said a word. Like, why come to a fucking bath house?

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Hairypiglet said:

Seriously. I lived in Seattle for ten years and I can say there is a decent group of freaks there who enjoy many things, but for the most part I was always on the outside of a clique trying to get in. The PNW community is insufferably insular. I know one guy on here that I've chatted with whom I wish I had met before I left because his time at Z sounds wonderfully different from my time. I'm not ugly either. My pics are real.

I spent a weekend in Portland, a whole night at the bath house and the only action I saw was a desperate old queen who just helped himself into my room literally one minute after I got there while I was still undressing. I went to the spa after that and soaked. Several guys joined me and left. I greeted them. They never said a word. Like, why come to a fucking bath house?

After 15 + years of living here, and traveling most of the time I've lived here, I've come to the conclusion that the guys that describe their great times at the sex clubs have a combination of different expectations and a good imagination for fantasies. I have the imagination for fantasies, but also the expectation to act on them in a sex club populated with like minded guys. I know at this point I'm in my 50's and not everyone's cup of tea, but still find lots of sex in other parts of the country.

I don't really get the room thing, they generally don't even understand the concept of bathhouse room cruising, so I'm not sure why someone would comandeer your room. I greatly prefer having sex in the open areas where in most locations you have a good chance of getting other guys to join in, so I just get a locker generally.

I had a lot of fun when I lived in DFW back in the 90's, but as far as I have been able to find out you can't do that here.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Like 1

I was at a Cumunion party in Vancouver in summer of 2018. There was a decent sized crowd... say 60-70 guys. I kid you not: nobody was doing anything. They were walking around with the towels neatly wrapped and concealing that unspeakable brown bottle which they were clutching like the crown pearls: not to be used or seen, but to be treasured and protected.  Anyway, being the pig that I am, I took my towed off and offered my dick to the first willing mouth which happened to be a Chinese guy. Poor guy was in shock that someone would actually stick a cock in his mouth. After a couple of minutes I noticed a small crowd forming around me, with some daring ones being more aggressive and fighting to get a taste of my cock. Being the cumunion party, I quickly asked the blowjob guy to get up and turn around to fuck him. He did that in less than a second. And in no time I got a line-up of 5-6 men offering their asses. I certainly obliged and fucked each and every one of them. Maybe 15 or 20 men. I got the phone numbers of at least ten of them, 3 or 4 invitations to dinner, and a Chinese guy offering me to stay for free in his mansion in Kits only on the promise to fuck him at least once a week. For about 20 seconds I gave that proposal a serious thought. But having had too much weed and poppers I decided to defer the response LOL. Anyway, what I am trying to say is that PNW is not the place to be sexually super active. It used to have a decent sex scene up until around Starbucks got around - save for PDX where old money would sanction severely anyone who would even dare to show their limbs at a 4th of July party. And once downtown Vancouver got all built up with those motherfuckingly ugly condos, the gay sex scene has completely disappeared. The old Richards on Richards, or Celebrities, Odyssey, Numbers, they all gone up in dust. Now, you get the gay version of Niles Crane washing their dildos at a specially designated sink.  Getting my ass rammed by the leathermen of Pike & Pine is now but a memory... 

@EuRawVerseyou got lucky getting an orgy started. More often than not if 2 guys start having sex in a public play space, the rest of the guys will leave and avoid that area until you finish. I do know what you are describing can happen, it has happened to me as well. You did the right thing by not following up on the offers, most of them are looking for a relationship and get super clingy if you see them again, and one that wanted you to fuck him at least once a week would have soon made it just once a week while expecting you to become monogamous with him during your stay. 

Several years ago I had several encounters with a versatile guy who was a surprisingly good fuck top or bottom,  that went to the adult theater every day to jack off, and "allowed" himself to have sex once a week. I quickly learned to ask him as soon as I got there when the last time he had sex was, and not waste my time with him unless it was over a week.

45 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

I've been criticized on this BZ in the past for telling guys thinking about moving from small Midwestern cities to Seattle or Portland, that casual sex is easier to attain in the small Midwestern cities than it is here. 

You're telling the truth. We used to joke that PNW is for newly weds and nearly deads.  

As for the Midwest, yeah, I concur... In winter of 2015 I had a threesome with a bartender and his bf in a bar on the outskirts of Des Moines when I had my ass shredded to pieces and my cock bruised of fucking on the country music tunes. That farmboy was a fine specimen... phew!