Wanting to take the plunge into BB

Thursday is day 7 of starting PrEP. I am wanting to dive into raw sex, but have to get my mind over still being able too get HIV+. I do not want to convert my status from neg to +. I want to stay neg, just have to find a way to reconcile with myself that PrEP will work. I have a fully stocked play space (Sling, Fuckbench, GH etc.) and have always practiced safe sex, no bb. The thought of being able to go to a hotel/sex club and be an anon cumdump turns me on so much. Also want to breed bb ass. Have registered and booked rooms for Pig Week and MAL. Am I fantasizing too much and overreacting here? Any advice gents? 

Edited by betabeaux

• betabeaux changed the title to Wanting to take the plunge into BB

PrEP is 99% effective. Yes there is a chance of converting, but it is a very remote possibility (probably not all that different from the chances of converting due to oral sex, a broken condom, stealthing, etc.).

What you should be more aware of is the possibility of other STIs you may acquire — PrEP does not protect against these. Most are treatable, but some can be dangerous. For example, if you haven’t already, I would get your Hepatitis vaccinations before playing raw.

I’m a +/U cumdump faggot. I take any and all loads. But I do so with the knowledge that I may (and do) get a number of other bugs (including syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc) which can be dangerous if left untreated.  So make sure you are tested regularly (I believe you’ll be doing tests every 6 months for PrEP, but you may want to do more frequent testing if you’re engaging in a lot of higher risk activities).  

The final thing I will share is that, while I would prefer to not be HIV positive, my conversion was not a death sentence; if you were to convert, and you decided to go on meds, your life wouldn’t change all that much. So don’t let the fear of HIV, and all that means, deprive you of enjoying hot sex.

Congrats on ditching the condoms. Your life is about to change for the better. I am assuming you got turned down by a lot of tops when you asked them to play safe. Even with your big hot ass, there are so many hot raw bottoms, almost every top wants raw. With your playroom, gear and hot ass I think you’ll have way more regulars and “fresh meat” too 😈

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, justsexnowatl said:

Congrats on ditching the condoms. Your life is about to change for the better. I am assuming you got turned down by a lot of tops when you asked them to play safe. Even with your big hot ass, there are so many hot raw bottoms, almost every top wants raw. With your playroom, gear and hot ass I think you’ll have way more regulars and “fresh meat” too 😈

Yes. I rented a room at the Cheshire Motor Inn in Atlanta a few weeks back and got ZERO cock. All wanted raw. I left dejected because while I almost gave in, I feel the risk was not worth it without PrEP and/or Condoms. You make a greta point about there being so many raw bottoms. 

Edited by betabeaux
  • Upvote 1

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to be able to enjoy the next stage of your sex life. 

DCSluthole's comments are very sound. The Hep vaccinations are important.  As with any meds, it's important to follow instructions of your medical practitioner (do you get PrEP via a clinic?) and do your best not to miss any doses (e.g. every day at roughly the same time). After a while you'll get into the habit of taking it. If you're worried about missing a dose, keep a diary. 

Never be embarrassed or afraid to ask for information or help. Remember doctors and nurses have seen and heard pretty much everything. No question is "stupid", especially if it helps you live a happy, healthy life.

Take your time. Even if it means holding off for another week or two or three, if you're getting up to speed with Hep vaccinations, for example, there'll still be plenty of guys around up for bareback sex. If you want to "dip your toe" or just go for it full-throttle, it's up to you. Do what you are comfortable with. Most guys have limits, so there's no need to do things that you're not comfortable with. Once you feel you're ready, getting out there and being that cumdump will give you a mind blowing really memorable and pleasurable experience. 

• Upvote 1

@DCSluthole’s advice is sound. Let me turn it slightly so you can view it from another angle:

PrEP is 1% ineffective in preventing HIV infection.  In other words, your statistical risk of acquiring an HIV infection on PrEP is 1 in 100. It isn’t zero.

Neither is your risk of catching herpes (around 50% of sexually active adults have it), or any of several bacterial STDs for which there are treatments but no immunization. You can protect yourself from Hep A and B, but not C (yet) and HPV with vaccines, and also now monkeypox if you can get a vaccination appointment in your area.

But your risk is not zero. It will never be zero. If you’re waiting to ‘take the plunge’ until there’s zero chance you’ll get an STD, you’ll be waiting forever. Understand this from the start - bareback sexual intercourse is an activity with inherent risk. The risk can be mitigated, but not eliminated. If you choose to do it, you choose to take a risk. Period.

So the question actually is, how much risk are you willing to accept for the ability to indulge in these sexual desires you have? There’s no right or wrong answer. Some men dive in head (or ass) first, and take their inevitable trips to the STD clinic in stride. Others decide they value their health more than their libido, and leave their desires in the realm of fantasy. If you read much that’s written on these forums, you’ll find that reflected - men who are out here living it and reporting in, and men who aren’t and are writing their fantasies out as though they were.

No one can answer the question for you. You have to make up your own mind about it based on the best information you can obtain.

• Upvote 2

I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take prep in the morning, particularly if taking prep on demand when the taking the doses REALLY matters. I suspect with daily prep if you miss one it's probably ok, but with on demand it would make a big difference

13 hours ago, Cumdumpsoho said:

I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take prep in the morning, particularly if taking prep on demand when the taking the doses REALLY matters. I suspect with daily prep if you miss one it's probably ok, but with on demand it would make a big difference

This is generally true, with a few caveats. Like many "daily" medications, the amount of the drug in your system spikes shortly after you take the pill, and then, a few hours later, it begins to fall as it's slowly filtered out of your system by your kidneys (and perhaps your liver and/or other organs). It's not that 24 hours later, the level in your system is zero. But the level available in your system, some number of hours after a single pill dose, isn't high enough to be highly effective at preventing infection. Taking another dose 24 hours after the previous one bumps the level in your system back up over that threshold. (You may recognize the term "half-life", which is the amount of time it takes for a given quantity of something that is decaying or being filtered out of a system to be reduced by 50%. It's the same principle, we're just not looking specifically for the 50% mark.)

So with on demand, the two pills taken 2-24 hours before sexual activity boost the amount of the medication in your system very high - double what it would be if you'd only taken one pill, obviously. But it still takes nearly the same amount of time for your kidneys to clear your system per milligram of medication, so your level remains higher over that first day. Taking a second pill 24 hours after the first one re-boosts your level back to a very high level, and a third pill 24 hours after that does the same, such that it's another day or two, at least, before the "on demand" PrEP is filtered out of your system, so that multi-day window when you have a high volume of PrEP in your system is typically enough to prevent an infection from a single sexual act.

Now, on the daily routine: the same thing occurs, but without the 2-dose "big hit" up front. These are made-up numbers but they illustrate how the pills "stack" on each other with daily use to provide ongoing protection. Let's assume that 50% of a pill's dose is cleared from your system in the first 24 hours, that 30% of the total dose is gone after 48 hours, and it's completely gone by 72 hours.

On day 1, you have a level of 0 and you take the pill, which shortly after raises your level to, for instance, 100. At the start of day 2, your level is down to, say, 50, but taking the second day pushes your level up to 150. At the start of day 3, your level is down to 70 - 20 from the first day's dose, 50 from the second day's dose - and the third day's dose pushes your level up to 170. At the start of day 4, the first day's dose has been completely cleared from your system, but you're back at 70 (50 from day 3, 20 from day 2). And the fourth day's dose puts you back at 170, which is where, roughly, you'll stay if you keep taking the dose at the same time every day.

If, say, a level of 125 is the minimum level needed in your system to remain protected, then staying on this system will work, even if you're several hours late taking your pill one day, because the remaining level from previous doses is still there (at a diminished level) to add to the new dose taken. Staying on a "close to the same time schedule for each dose" strategy is best, but there's leeway. But this is also why you aren't protected "from day one" - it takes a while for the amount of medication in your system to rise to a protective level, and it requires replenishment to stay there.

And in addition, most guys who are on daily PrEP won't necessarily be taking loads every day - so taking one day's dose 6 hours late doesn't matter much if there's no sex anyway within the next several hours. Getting back on schedule will almost certainly boost one's level well into protective territory - even if it fell slightly below that briefly. 

But on-demand PrEP is less forgiving, because it's tied to a specific sex act. Of course, if the load(s) taken during an on-demand PrEP "dosing" (meaning all 4 tablets) are HIV-negative, the amount of PrEP in your system doesn't matter, and even if they're poz but undetectable, it's unlikely the volume of PrEP in your system will make any difference. But if the load is detectable - as it might well be with a new or unknown partner - taking the doses on the schedule provided can be critical to keeping the PrEP level "up" high enough in your system to prevent infection. 

• Like 1

I went off the Prep and in 2021 took the plunge into BB only. After a year I'm still Neg because majority of men now are on Prep or undect or both, so chances of getting HIV are almost nil. At least that is what men tell me at CumUnions and  CCBC Resort. 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, ErosWired said:

PrEP is 1% ineffective in preventing HIV infection.  In other words, your statistical risk of acquiring an HIV infection on PrEP is 1 in 100. It isn’t zero.

Actually it's less than 1 in 100 (per contact), because the chance of acquiring HIV from (anal receptive) sex is only about 1 in 70 to begin with. So with PrEP, it's somewhere in the range of 1 in 700 to 1 in 7,000 (depending on whether it's 90% effective or 99% effective).

20 hours ago, ErosWired said:

But your risk is not zero. It will never be zero. If you’re waiting to ‘take the plunge’ until there’s zero chance you’ll get an STD, you’ll be waiting forever. Understand this from the start - bareback sexual intercourse is an activity with inherent risk.

^^^ A whole lot of this!!! Of course, it's true for intercourse with a condom as well. And for oral sex, and even for frottage depending on the particular STD we're talking about. Life isn't safe. So adjust your risk to suit your comfort zone, but by all means ENJOY!

5 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Actually it's less than 1 in 100 (per contact), because the chance of acquiring HIV from (anal receptive) sex is only about 1 in 70 to begin with. So with PrEP, it's somewhere in the range of 1 in 700 to 1 in 7,000 (depending on whether it's 90% effective or 99% effective).

Thanks for getting into the weeds on this for accuracy - I had considered including the consideration that HIV isn’t all that easy to contract to begin with in my response, but decided to stick to the general message in hope of getting the broader point across.