Is it me or bbrts?

Cubbtm4poz

The bottom line is this: Everyone turn off the computer, close the app and go out cruising.

I am  so glad I grew up when I did. The sex was immeasurable. All the theatres in the city, book stores, bath houses, rest areas. Boy, I had my fun.

I don't have as much sex as I used to. My desire has decreased significantly, and I am okay with that.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2022 at 10:56 AM, PendragonSpirit said:

I don't think it's you; and it's certainly not exclusive to BBRT. Even back in the days of yore, when we had Craigslist (GOD how I miss Craigslist) there were enough flakes, ghosts, no-shows, lookie-looks and strokers to fill their own mobile app (we'll call it Wastr.) Same with Grindr and Tindr and.. honestly, the only places I've had even remotely regular success with are A4A and Scruff. Well, if you don't count going to actual cruising grounds.

I've never had any luck with Scruff & A4A has gone the way of gay.com. No one is responsive on Scruff & A4A is not much better. Does anyone use Manhunt anymore? According to comments from some of the biggest cumdumps on Twitter/Onlyfans.com/Justfor.fans, the sites/apps I have been using are the same that they use.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:58 PM, Muscledadbod said:

The bottom line is this: Everyone turn off the computer, close the app and go out cruising.

If only it were that simple. From your post, it sounds as though you’ve been used to living in places where there was enough meat on the hoof to make cruising practical, and plenty of places to readily do it. That’s far from the common experience. There are vast areas in which the population is not dense enough, and in which there may be no place to cruise anyone in a fifty-mile radius. For some of us, the apps are the only way to make any kind of contact with those who may be in the area.

If I had a bathhouse within easy reach I’d never use an app again. The nearest one is an hour away, and it’s not a good one. For a good one I have to drive three hours.

Having traveled to and lived in many different places across North America and tried to hookup, I have observed some things about both the hookup apps and in person cruising. The same problems that exist for in person cruising carry over to the apps and get magnified there.

Population density does make a difference, that said there are other factors that make a huge difference as well.

There are small to medium size cities that have a fairly active in person cruising scene at a parks, tearooms, maybe 1 or 2 ABS. Because of the limited population it may take some time, but there is a good chance that if you do meet someone you can connect and fuck regardless of whether it was initiated in person or from an app.

There are larger cities with several bathhouses, sexclubs, ABS, parks, tearooms, and etc. Where you can find guys cruising and hooking up quicky to actually fuck 24/7. In these cities the apps work really well.

There are also large cities that have several bathhouses, sexclubs, ABS, parks, tearooms, and etc, and there are a few guys at them but they are mostly there to see and be seen, hooking up is long drawn out process and when you do hookup you find out a lot of them have so many inhibitions and so little experience actually fucking that the sex is far less than satisfactory. Practice really does make perfect and they have very little practice. The apps in these cities are, at least for me even more frustrating than the smaller cities. There is lots of interest, but the negotiation to do anything takes numerous back and forth over hours and days, then when they do agree to meet to "fuck", you find out in a lot of cases that their definition of a fuck is nothing more than cuddling and maybe some light petting, not penetration. In person cruising is also be extremely frustrating due to repeat offenders that after the hours of courtship that resulted in a nonfuck, that want to hook up and spend a couple of hours not fucking every damn time you encounter them.

In summary you can find willing partners, in both the smaller cities with active hookup scenes and larger cities with poor hookup scenes if you spend enough time at it on either the apps or in person, but it can be both time consuming and potentially extremely frustrating.

23 hours ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

I've never had any luck with Scruff & A4A has gone the way of gay.com. No one is responsive on Scruff & A4A is not much better. Does anyone use Manhunt anymore? According to comments from some of the biggest cumdumps on Twitter/Onlyfans.com/Justfor.fans, the sites/apps I have been using are the same that they use.

FYI - I think it may be based on geography.  Here in the Tampa/St Pete area A4A is extremely popular, there are many guys in their 20s, early 30s who are always looking (especially during weekdays and day time hours).  It gets quiet on the weekends till after 2 am when the bars close and then it comes to life again.

Manhunt, in my opinion, is a joke, but in my area.  I have actually had live sex on the video portion but those viewing lived in Ft. Lauderdale, not in Saint Pete where I live.  Many are very anti-pox on Manhunt, the first question out of their mouth is regarding your status.  

I never had much luck with Scruff.  Alof of questions, not alot of answers. Alot of faceless profiles, I dropped it.  When it comes to these apps, or online hookup sites, I believe geography plays a big part in how successful you are.

2 minutes ago, kinkatx said:

It seems in my area BBRT is just dead; there are 100s of guys on Sniffies looking to bareback; few are still using BBRT. 

There are still a few on bbrts, but most of the poz tops on there won't bb a neg guy.  The problem with sniffies is most of the guys on there are hyper impatient and super picky.  They want to meet right now and you have to host.  They won't meet at the bookstore booths or anything either.

Part of that is that sniffies seems to be mostly younger (18-35) guys who are fit or at least average.  And they're just not interested in older, chubby guys like me...

And like any site...  sniffies is 90+% bottoms or oral-only guys.

What I hate about sniffies is that so many people on there are rude...  they just ignore, delete chats, etc.  Obviously they're in too much of a hurry to even read profiles because they always ask questions that should be obvious if they had...  like, no, sorry, I can't host...  I always try to politely respond even if I'm not interested or can't play right at that moment.

A lot of the same problems are true on bbrts or a4a too...  so it is what it is.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:20 AM, TwinkChaserSlut said:

Totally agree with scruff, feels like no one uses it despite having a profile and being active on the app. I've had the most luck on grindr and manhunt. Can find a few hot straight or curious guys on fabswingers, and squirt has given some hot hookups but again not many. I find manhunt is a pretty good site depending on where you live 

For my part, bbrt is a barren field of men who want to look, not fuck. Bad photos, info that is obviously wrong (you are NOT 99 and on this site), drug problems, and vagueness. I've met maybe two guys, but sex? Probably not.

I try to acknowledge the people who visit my profile - I thank them for the oink or unlock, and that's usually all that happens. There are a few who keep coming back and checking out the profile, but they often don't say anything. Are they interested? I can't tell. And there are certainly guys I will be interested in, but damned if I get any reaction. Once in a while, someone DOES have something to say, but it's a rarity. The only reason I keep it is because I believe it will work out for me one of these days. I'm an optimist, but even I have limits.

• Like 1

I’m in Austin, TX…. BBRT used to have about 10 pages of guys before getting to the burbs 20 miles away from downtown…. Now it’s one page while Sniffies doesn’t even render that far out because there are hundreds of guys within 5 miles and you have to use the travel mode if you want to see people across the entire metro area. 

Sniffles is just a better platform. Easily find 20 raw tops anytime in a couple of hours assuming you can host in a central area.  Housing has gotten unaffordable for people making less than 6 figures so most people have roommates and can’t host; that’s the only thing I think is common across this corrupt neoliberal country screwing us all! 

28 minutes ago, kinkatx said:

I’m in Austin, TX…. BBRT used to have about 10 pages of guys before getting to the burbs 20 miles away from downtown…. Now it’s one page while Sniffies doesn’t even render that far out because there are hundreds of guys within 5 miles and you have to use the travel mode if you want to see people across the entire metro area. 

Sniffles is just a better platform. Easily find 20 raw tops anytime in a couple of hours assuming you can host in a central area.  Housing has gotten unaffordable for people making less than 6 figures so most people have roommates and can’t host; that’s the only thing I think is common across this corrupt neoliberal country screwing us all! 

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in there.  I'm out in the closer part of the suburbs, about 12-13 miles from the heart of downtown.  When I moved here 21 years ago it was reasonably affordable, but considered "way out there".  Now the burbs go another 20 miles out from where I am and the assessed value of my house is over 3x what it was when it was built 21 years ago.  The problem being that my property taxes have also tripled.  I make a decent amount of money but still living paycheck to paycheck due to the crazy inflation and stupidly high gas prices we've seen the past 2 years.

I find the fact that sniffies doesn't go out far enough to be inconvenient because I don't mind traveling up to 15-20 miles even though traffic in Austin has gotten ridiculous.  And the fact that I can't host is a major problem because most of the raw tops are travel only and many won't travel more than 5-6 miles.

47 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

For my part, bbrt is a barren field of men who want to look, not fuck. Bad photos, info that is obviously wrong (you are NOT 99 and on this site), drug problems, and vagueness. I've met maybe two guys, but sex? Probably not.

I try to acknowledge the people who visit my profile - I thank them for the oink or unlock, and that's usually all that happens. There are a few who keep coming back and checking out the profile, but they often don't say anything. Are they interested? I can't tell. And there are certainly guys I will be interested in, but damned if I get any reaction. Once in a while, someone DOES have something to say, but it's a rarity. The only reason I keep it is because I believe it will work out for me one of these days. I'm an optimist, but even I have limits.

The unresponsiveness is also what bothers me.  Too many people are either just do-nothing looky-loos like you talk about who never reply or just check people out and never say anything or they are the hyper-impatient type that don't care if you've got to work or have a partner or other commitments -- they want you to drop everything and host them within the next 10-15 minutes.

Sure, I wish I had more time to play...  But I have to plan ahead.  What's annoying is that when I do have opportunities often I get no responses and all the hyper impatient types are not online or have blocked me because I wasn't able to play exactly when they wanted to before.

50 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

I've had most success with men traveling to Seattle and seeking a compliant ass to fuck and breed when they arrive. Local men don't seem to use BBRT to find bare sex. I think Sniffles might have supplanted some of it's place. 

On 11/17/2022 at 7:24 AM, leatherpunk16 said:

I'm local and we can give it another shot, seeing that we're into a lot of the same.