First time gonorrhea

Amazingly I've never had gonorrhea before - until this round of std testing.  Most likely this happened at my 2 day stay at Pig Week (but possibly not - so possibly at Cumunion in Philadelphia in November).  In this case I have rectal gonorrhea but not in the throat.  

But usually I'll suck a dick that's cum in my ass so I'm trying to think of a situation that didn't include that.  

I'll read through all the gonorrhea threads for background.  Obviously the only solution for 100% protection is not to bareback, which is a non-starter.  My health-care provider gave me ceftriaxone, instructed no sex for 7 days but apparently I need to get retested afterwards, so really no sex for a longer period.

I saw the thread on a form of Pep (post-exposure), DoxyPep, that had some efficacy against gonorrhea.  But apparently this is only available for the most part in Mexico and some locales in the USA.  Can one go to Mexico, buy DoxyPep and then just bring it back to the US?

This turn of events has me concerned because my health-care provider will only test me every three months (!!!! - far too long for a cumdump) although my doctor told me that I could in fact schedule testing every month.  Secondly in the last year I also had rectal chlamydia (maybe from the Biohazard Men party in Berlin but maybe from another event).  Prior to these two incidents within the past year I had only 1 known std right after coming out (now a long time ago).   

Anyway, more info on Pep for std's would be appreciated.  Also sites that have current/real-time data on Gay/mansex std incidents reported geographically would be helpful.

Edited by fuckholedc

From personal experience, I can tell you that doxycycline PEP really isn’t very effective against gonorrhea, so I wouldn’t go out of your way at to procure some just for that. Although it does seem very useful at preventing syphilis and chlamydia infections, gonnorhea is always the one that gets through.

Three months seems like an adequate testing interval even for a cumdump, and unless you have symptoms of course, I really can’t see the point testing more frequently. Sure, it means occasionally you might be carrying around gonno in your arse for longer than you’d like, but you probably won’t even notice. Does that make you a high risk fuck? Yes, it does. Which is why I tend to limit my play to other players who know the risks involved in our particular lifestyle, and avoid guys on hook-up apps who might be married or only have sex once in a while- I really don’t want to pass something on to someone in that kind of situation.

You should take comfort from the fact that you have had so few infections overs such a long period of time- it’s a rarer occurrence than many people think. Recently I went over 18 months without anything at all, and I must have been fucked by literally hundred of guys in that time, in saunas, bars and sex clubs all over the place.

Generally I just accept that picking up an infection here or there just comes with the territory: it’s annoying, but it’s no longer a big deal.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

Anyway, more info on Pep for std's would be appreciated.  Also sites that have current/real-time data on Gay/mansex std incidents reported geographically would be helpful.

The SF doxyPEP study claims 50% reduction for gono taking doxy, but I've never seen that number replicated on doxyPrEP/PEP elsewhere.. so has to be taken with a grain of salt. Even then it would be way lower than syphilis and chlamidia. 

You can't really avoid STDs anywhere if you have a large number of partners and have an additional vector of infection (your ass) additionally to your mouth. 3 months testing is a good cadence if you don't have symptoms, and at the moment all things are very treatable. Hopefully it will stay like that. 

Definitely get an RX for doxy.. any gay friendly doctor should be able to give you one now with the data from SF.

Edited by rawfuckr

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, fuckholedc said:

I saw the thread on a form of Pep (post-exposure), DoxyPep, that had some efficacy against gonorrhea.  But apparently this is only available for the most part in Mexico and some locales in the USA.  Can one go to Mexico, buy DoxyPep and then just bring it back to the US?

Yes, you can buy it at pharmacies in Mexico without a prescription. There's no problems bringing prescription drugs you buy in Mexico back into the US so long as it's not huge quantities.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the club brother. I had gonorrhea last year. I had symptoms, but men often have no symptoms. I usually get a comprehensive STD screen every three months. If I have been part of a big play event, I go to a free STD testing center and get a comprehensive STD screen. I make Shure I go to one that has throat and anal swabs, because these can catch STD’s missed in a blood test.  No judgements and no hassles. I am a sexually active gay male who enjoys recreational sex.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, PigBoyDallas said:

Yes, you can buy it at pharmacies in Mexico without a prescription. There's no problems bringing prescription drugs you buy in Mexico back into the US so long as it's not huge quantities.

Following up on that, is it possible to get doxycycline from a reliable online pharmacy?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 4:53 AM, fuckholedc said:

BTW - I forgot to ask - how thoroughly do I need to clean my sex toys?   I can't really clean them in a super-hot water dish washer for example (because ours is down).

Thanks!

I was looking for answers to this question

• Moderators
On 5/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, SoCalBBversbttm said:

The US has issued an advisory to not buy pharmaceutical drugs otc in Mexico.

This is not correct. The web site you linked specifically says that 2 members of Congress have sent a letter to the State Department asking them to do this. Whether the State Department has done so is explicitly excluded. However, (1) their concern appears to be based on fairly thin evidence and (2) there would be little conceivable purpose in adulterating antibiotics in this way.

Hi everyone.  I been fucking around since 1980.   The past four years I got chlamydia at least twice a year every year.   Anyway, comes with the fun I guess but also a lot of guys do not get tested every three months.   Go to this website for a real medical provider to call a usa prescription to your local pharmacy.   Callondoc.   The fee is $34 if I recall.  Just enter data that you have a partner who was diagnosed with: ( enter one or more stds).   They will call in the drugs.  If you have insurance, they will cover.   No insurance, try goodrx for a discount card.