Who gets tested?

I love anonymous grinder sex but I have never been tested I’ve probably top like 15 people raw and let 1 cum in me. I’ve had sex with an hiv pos who was undetected soooo I don’t know what I have and I kind of don’t want to I want to keep raw doging people still and just not tell them 

• Downvote 1

You should be getting tested, ALWAYS. Every 3-6 months depending on the frequency of your sexual activities. It isn’t just for your health but the health of those you play with. It’s the ethical thing to do as we should also be concerned for the health of tops and bottoms we play with. 

Strictly speaking, of course, getting tested is your choice.

But here's the thing. If you get tested, you'll find one of two things out. Either you're negative, which means you've dodged a bullet so far, and it's up to you to decide what to do with that. My recommendation is always "Get on PrEP", because it lets you engage in raw sex the way you like without having to worry about possibly very serious consequences for your health. (You can still pick up STIs other than HIV, of course, but on PrEP, you'll be tested for those regularly (and you should be, anyway! You don't want something like syphilis to go untreated).

Or else you find out you're positive, at which point you can start doing what you need to do to ensure you stick around long enough to keep enjoying the kind of sex you like. 

Now, it sounds to me like you get off on the idea of running a risk and also potentially putting your partners at risk. And I understand that appeal, but the reality - as you'll find out when and if you pick up something incurable - is a lot different. 

• Moderators

Getting tested regularly is a really good idea.

HIV is lethal (if untreated), but your chances of actually getting it these days, especially if you are mostly a top, are really rather low. That is not the case for other STDs. Syphilis, specifically, is rather easy to catch, not uncommon in anon encounters (I'm fairly certain I got it at a video store glory hole at least once), and the symptoms are easy to miss, and easy to mistake for other things. Even doctors often miss the diagnosis (an ex of mine once had syphilis that was misdiagnosed as a vitamin C deficiency). Syphilis is also lethal (if untreated), and while it is curable, if it gets to the advanced stage it can do a LOT of damage before it gets cured, and at the advanced stage is rather difficult to cure (we're talking a month solid of big penicillin shots in your ass, or IV antibiotics).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...