Is being straight a social construct?

On 3/10/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tsjul said:

I can't imagine that there is any normal human being doesn't like cock, I think being straight is just a social construct and a manipulation by the religious people 😅

I absolutely agree and in truth it is a horrible thing...having such "societal norms" forced on someone that isn't straight from a young age leads to a deep depression until they are able to overcome that lie and be able to accept themselves for who and what they are.

This outdated system of forcing ppl to be something they aren't truly needs to end

On 3/12/2023 at 12:52 AM, ErosWired said:

Given that humans are biologically evolved to reproduce in the “straight” way,

So this presents an interesting possibility:  While I'm sure same-gender attraction has been around since we came out of the caves, could it be that there are - percentage wise - more same-gender orientation guy around, because the earth is overpopulated, and it's the cosmos' response to that fact?   

Nah - it's probably just because there are so many millions of straights that our numbers are increasing in proportion to the general population ... or, maybe not so many guys afraid to be who they are these days.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:21 PM, Tsjul said:

I can't imagine that there is any normal human being doesn't like cock, I think being straight is just a social construct and a manipulation by the religious people 😅

I dont think so at all. Its an orientation imo.

Ive had sex with women, ive had sex with trans, ive had sex with mtf and ftm. I have done so just because it was an in the moment kind of a thing that occurred. But I am 100% attracted to men, and I dont look at women or trans in sexual ways. But when I see a hot man walk by my mind instantly goes straight to one thing. I think even homosexuality and heterosexuality and pansexuality have sliding scales. We are attracted to different age groups. I like older men and rarely find sexual interest in somebody younger than me, probably a lot to do with my conditioning and being submissive and masochistic. I like the power dynamic over me that exists with an older, taller, stronger, bigger, more powerful man than me. So to see some twink that I could imagine overpowering and incapable of overpowering me - it just doesnt arouse me. Im not sure if this qualifies as a separate orientation, but I think it should be considered as one, secondary to homosexuality. We just exist in a world that pigeon holes everything into a binary.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, 120DaysofSodom said:

Ive had sex with women, ive had sex with trans, ive had sex with mtf and ftm. I have done so just because it was an in the moment kind of a thing that occurred. But I am 100% attracted to men, and I dont look at women or trans in sexual ways. But when I see a hot man walk by my mind instantly goes straight to one thing. I think even homosexuality and heterosexuality and pansexuality have sliding scales. We are attracted to different age groups. I like older men and rarely find sexual interest in somebody younger than me, probably a lot to do with my conditioning and being submissive and masochistic. I like the power dynamic over me that exists with an older, taller, stronger, bigger, more powerful man than me. So to see some twink that I could imagine overpowering and incapable of overpowering me - it just doesnt arouse me. Im not sure if this qualifies as a separate orientation, but I think it should be considered as one, secondary to homosexuality. We just exist in a world that pigeon holes everything into a binary.

I think we are pretty much the same in terms of sexual orientation and everything else except that I'v never had sex with cis-women.

Edited by Tsjul

2 hours ago, 120DaysofSodom said:

We're animals. And I don't mean that in a pejorative sense. Animals - indeed, all living things - are physically implanted with not only the means, but a basic need to reproduce. And for some of us, that means fucking. And with an animal so cerebral as a human, need to breed is transformed by desire. How and what that desire is shaped into is as individual as the person it sits within. Bring in culture, and desire is shaped, enlarged, confined...any number of constraints or indulgences are put into the mix. The metric by which any individual is perceived also works with, without, for and even against that perception. All this and more is where our spectrum for sexual arousal is shaped. And yes, that spectrum slides to a place as individual as each person. I personally wish I was pansexual, I think it'd be amazing. But, I fall at or near the 100% gay/male side. I can easily recognize beauty irrespective of the gender (assumed by me, or then one they might identify as). Which means I have a (for lack of a better term) theoretical idea of their desirability. 
That said, nothing for me has changed since 3rd grade: girls are still "icky".😝

• Like 1

To the title of this thread, no.  Sexual orientation is, to my understanding, part of our make-up.  Whether we have blonde hair or black would be another example.  Blue eyes or green.  Prone to be skinny or fat.  Physical characteristics.  

5 hours ago, loadzgoinholes said:

That said, nothing for me has changed since 3rd grade: girls are still "icky".😝

AGREED !!!

Sexuality is, to my mind, something that's inborn, just as build, hair color, eye color, is something (a real gift, imho) we're born with.  

On 3/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, marriedsub said:

Probably has to do with survival of the species primarily.

You're conflating strict heterosexuality with bisexuality.

In social species, homosexuality greatly contributes to survival through prosocial mechanisms.  

On 3/19/2023 at 10:10 PM, polyglutton said:

You're conflating strict heterosexuality with bisexuality.

In social species, homosexuality greatly contributes to survival through prosocial mechanisms.  

You're probably right. It can all get a bit confusing. I'm all for a strict homosexual society. It would be heaven to live in a city with only gay males. But without heterosexual breeders there would soon be a shortage of people, not least fewer gay men. Then who are we going to have same sex sex with?