Smartphones and Darkrooms

AirmaxUK

lol are u still able to drive to these places or do they only let u in if u pull up on a horse😜

i dont walk around the bathhouse w my phone or document any action but ive hooked up w many a dude via the apps. he'll text what room he's in an if hes fun it will turn into a group event vs all the guys just walkin round peekin into doorways but not engaging in any actual sex. ive even had guys come to the bathhouse cause i hit them up online. 

an dont get me started on all the princess an the pea guys clutterin up crusin spots, rejectin 99% of the guys hittin on them because they'll only get off w their 1 perfect ideal dream guy, but thats a topic for another thread 😜

12 hours ago, JamesL100 said:

No doubt there will be some guys logging on from this venue saying they are bored, nobody around, can horny guys turn up .. just like they post from saunas and cruising grounds.

Possibly, but Lab parties (and similar ones to it) have definitive start times by which you must arrive in order to be allowed in.  So, for the Lab naked nights during Folsom - arrival is between 9 and 11 pm; if you're posting that you're bored at 11:15, you've missed your boat and should just leave.  By that time, no one else will be allowed through the doors.

4 hours ago, norefusal said:

i dont walk around the bathhouse w my phone or document any action but ive hooked up w many a dude via the apps. he'll text what room he's in an if hes fun it will turn into a group event vs all the guys just walkin round peekin into doorways but not engaging in any actual sex. ive even had guys come to the bathhouse cause i hit them up online.

Does that ever actually work? At least where I live now in the PNW the baths have specific areas that they can use their phones, that the guys on their phones in those areas are even pickier than the ones that actually make an effort to cruise the club to find someone to have sex with. The same for cruising spots, they drive to the spot and just sit in their car waiting for Mr. Perfect. Then again group sex is all but non-existent here, the surest way to get privacy is to start fucking in a public playspace. They also don't seem to know how room cruising works, few even try but you rarely see anyone in a room displaying their dick or ass, more often than not they very carefully arrange it so the only thing you see without pushing the door open is their feet.

I can see where it would work in some cities I travel to, but then again in real time cruising is effective enough in those cities that I've rarely tried it. The few times I have tried it, I wound up leaving the venue to fuck with someone I connected with online, all but once it was someone who wanted to use my cummy hole on the way back to my hotel.

Edited by NWUSHorny

2 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

Does that ever actually work? At least where I live now in the PNW the baths have specific areas that they can use their phones, that the guys on their phones in those areas are even pickier than the ones that actually make an effort to cruise the club to find someone to have sex with. The same for cruising spots, they drive to the spot and just sit in their car waiting for Mr. Perfect. Then again group sex is all but non-existent here, the surest way to get privacy is to start fucking in a public playspace. They also don't seem to know how room cruising works, few even try but you rarely see anyone in a room displaying their dick or ass, more often than not they very carefully arrange it so the only thing you see without pushing the door open is their feet.

I can see where it would work in some cities I travel to, but then again in real time cruising is effective enough in those cities that I've rarely tried it. The few times I have tried it, I wound up leaving the venue to fuck with someone I connected with online, all but once it was someone who wanted to use my cummy hole on the way back to my hotel.

yeah. its somewhat counterintuitive but its like a hybrid method of cruising lol

in the truck stop areas sometimes guys ignore each other as they walk around but then someone in a car will text u on an ap "red car up front" an youll hook up lol 

another time at a bathouse i hooked up with a guy id been chattin w for months online who just texted me what room he was in n i went over

ive also live met guys at the club by pokin someone it says is 38' away n theyll respond "over by the pool table, come say hi" 

weird times we live in 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

Possibly, but Lab parties (and similar ones to it) have definitive start times by which you must arrive in order to be allowed in.  So, for the Lab naked nights during Folsom - arrival is between 9 and 11 pm; if you're posting that you're bored at 11:15, you've missed your boat and should just leave.  By that time, no one else will be allowed through the doors.

Indeed - Lab parties attract a lot of guys - 200+ and especially at Easter/Folsom can have upward of 1,000. 

There's really no need to use them for cruising. Anyone and everyone who's into whatever the party is is going to be there. The one or two local people in Friedrichshain who you might see online are not there are likely to not be there for a reason. (Eg financial, they're not into rubber) and you're unlikely to get the to come along if you're not there.  

If you're in that crowd and can't find any fun, then TBH, really the issue is with YOU not all the other guys. 

• Upvote 2

Another worry is what happened at the Vagevuur in Eindhoven. This was largely run as a not-for profit by volunteers. It was famous for having all kinds of events and an amazing basement play space. They received a small amount of money from the government to promote safer-sex practices in the venue (this was in the late 90's early 00's). One of the religious-right newspapers (Like the Daily Mail in the UK) sent someone in undercover and they published photos taken inside under headlines saying 'look at what your tax euros are being spent on'.  Needless to say this caused the venue to be closed pretty much immediately never to be reopened. 

As an aside, photography rules in Germany are quite strict compared to the UK. [think before following links] https://allaboutberlin.com/guides/photography-laws-germany

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

One of the religious-right newspapers (Like the Daily Mail in the UK) sent someone in undercover and they published photos taken inside under headlines saying 'look at what your tax euros are being spent on'.  Needless to say this caused the venue to be closed pretty much immediately never to be reopened. 

This is exactly the sort of thing I’m talking about. But it wouldn’t have to be related to government expenditure - a picture could be published with a complaint simply of “How can the authorities be allowing such things to go on in our neighborhoods, think of the children” and -boom- no more venue thanks to the cameras. Don’t think the zealots won’t go to the extreme of infiltrating an establishment. I remember on one visit to the local ABS, discovering a 70+year-old church lady with a big Bible in her lap seated firmly in a chair at the head of the corridor lined with gloryhole booths, watching every move everyone made. Imagine letting her have a smartphone that could take pictures. She wouldn’t think twice about doing so and sharing them with the world, because she’d be doing it, in her mind, as a warrior for Jesus.

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2023 at 9:47 AM, ellentonboy said:

or a place like Inn Leather where many guys keep their curtains open

and don't forget to leave the door at least cracked open, if not wide open.  The windows are large, guys milling around all the various pathways .... "window-shopping", and the slings are conveniently hung in full view of the windows.  There are also plenty of nooks and crannies along the paths to fuck in too.  But, they've taken down the sling that used to be at the far end of the entrance-sidewalk ☹️ 

Still, it's a lot of fun.  A bit out-of-the-way, but well worth visiting often.  Local guys go down there for a "day-pass" (weather permitting - it's raining like crazy here today, and I'm expecting Noah to sail down my street in his ark any moment now ... ).  It's a lot of fun; fucking for an audience always is.

• Like 1

little did I know when writing the above that we were in for a record-breaking rain event.  One of my neighbors has a rain gauge - over 17 inches of rain in one day.  The streets are still full of standing water, over 24 hours later. 

So, thanks to the guys that inquired about the situation.  

Is this smartphone out at the sex club a younger generation thing? My guess is that it's the under 30s. Maybe they don't think we'll ever go back  to the days of being repressed (eg no venues) or maybe they don't care because they have the internet and potential hook-ups in their pockets? I had a guy record me during a hookup a couple of weeks ago. I only caught on to what was happening by accident. When I asked for the clip, he said he needed to edit out the part where his face was showing. Oh now, that's interesting....So maybe what's happening here is some are ok with exposing others as long as it's not THEM.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 7:42 PM, ErosWired said:

Venues like that owe their existence to the willingness of the society they’re in to turn a blind eye to what actually goes on behind the doors. As long as the community at large isn’t exposed to the truth of the depravity, the powers that be can act as though it isn’t happening. The key is that it never gets dragged into the light, and the regular public is never faced with it.

The internet, however, is a terrible place to keep a secret - like, for instance, video footage of the inside of a sex venue. Eventually, clips purporting to show activities going on inside will start making the rounds, getting more public as they get shared - as the saying goes, a secret shared by two is known to two; a secret shared by three is known to all the world. In time, someone will be scandalized (or some high-level person will be compromised) and a hue-and-cry will ensue that something must be done about these dens of iniquity.

It is not in these venues’ best interests to allow phones, and the sooner they realize how useless their camera stickers are, the better.

I think that this is exactly correct, even though I do get off on being watched, and I would welcome being recorded while I was kicked back in a sling.

I am not opposed to the existence of phones in the sex club. When I’m in the sling and it’s been dead for a while I’ll pull out my phone and hop on Grindr or Sniff. The second I hear somebody walking up tho I’ll put it away and pull down the blindfold. I wouldn’t ever use my phone to record in a public space tho. To me it comes down to not infringing on the rights of others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1