Logan’s Run and the hookup selector

ErosWired

If you remember the 1976 sci-fi film Logan’s Run, you may recall a scene in which Logan is in his room turning a rotating selection of people available for casual intimate contact. The concept actually predicted Tinder by decades, because he was literally swiping the selection to the side to visually reject candidates he didn’t want. The surprise comes when he makes his choice and the person actually steps out of the life-size frame into his room - what he has been turning is in fact essentially a carousel of people who have put themselves in the slots to make themselves available as potential hookups.

Just imagine - the convenience of the apps combined with the immediacy of cruising. No flaking, no ghosting, no games; you don’t get on the carousel unless you’re actually DTF, and you don’t pull someone off the carousel unless likewise.

My question is, would you rather be riding the carousel, or turning it?

I would be a rider, every time. I probably wouldn’t be the most frequently selected, and would probably have to deal with being ‘swiped’ more often than not, but I am inspired to by best sexual service by a man who indicates that he wants me.

How about you? Rider or Turner?

Edited by ErosWired
  • Upvote 2

Except for the part about having the fuck instantly step out of a portal, you can mostly achieve this by using the apps at a gay sex mecca, at least on the weekends. I know I've done successfully both ways in Palm Springs. The key is having guys that are actually DTF in a compact geography, which most localities don't have. If we had the instant portal that horn dogs from anywhere in the world could just step through it . . .

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Upvote 2

Great question and a reminder that there may be hidden depths in Logan’s Run warranting a rewatch.

I’m versatile and seem to top and bottom in near-equal measures. This seems in my case to relate to the question. I go on the apps and seek someone out to top or bottom but the online status often triggers an approach from someone else. In either case it’s a bit random as to whether they want to fuck me or for me to fuck them etc. It seems on apps I can be rider and turner at same time - seeking someone else or displaying my goods for them to choose. If there was actually one of these machines, I would probably tend to be a rider and would have to change position on different spins to show cock or ass. I get most satisfaction from someone choosing me and having them come from pleasure with my body. However, I’m too much of a slut to remain indefinitely on the carousel and if waiting too long would hop off and spin for a fuck.

• Upvote 1

It is amazing how much sci-fi has predicted (even the “computer” on Star Trek predicted “Alexis” )

As to the question raised

A lot  depends on if the people in the carousel are swiping at the same time the people outside are so that it is a mutual agreement- or are people getting into the carousel with the understanding that they will be fucking with whom ever wants them and they have no say 

in which case when I am in the mood to fuck i would definitely be the one doing the swiping 

but if I was in a slutty bottom mood- I would definitely get into the carousel- it would be hot to know that I am going to let anyone fuck me 

and I agree with eroswired that I would be really turned on by the idea that someone wanted to use me (as at my age I imagine I would be swiped more often than selected too)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, onlyraw said:

It is amazing how much sci-fi has predicted (even the “computer” on Star Trek predicted “Alexis” )

As to the question raised

A lot  depends on if the people in the carousel are swiping at the same time the people outside are so that it is a mutual agreement- or are people getting into the carousel with the understanding that they will be fucking with whom ever wants them and they have no say 

in which case when I am in the mood to fuck i would definitely be the one doing the swiping 

but if I was in a slutty bottom mood- I would definitely get into the carousel- it would be hot to know that I am going to let anyone fuck me 

and I agree with eroswired that I would be really turned on by the idea that someone wanted to use me (as at my age I imagine I would be swiped more often than selected too)

In that case I don’t think the ones in the carousel were also swiping, because Logan was sitting in his room, not in a slot.

And as far as not being selected at our age…in Logan’s society that wasn’t an issue. As soon as anyone hit 30 they were culled from the population. The meat on the carousel was always fresh. But for purposes of the question, I’m assuming we all live to keep on fucking.

• Upvote 1

I would want to "be a rider"

It communicates my desire to pleasure a man in need. I am not bothered by any physical characteristic. I am not a size queen. I love men and I show it by being open and available to a horny man in need. My pleasure is experiencing his pleasure through my body.

So yeah I wish it were that easy.