410 Gone [was: Can't view my own profile]

I'm not sure if It's just me or if anyone can view it.  I get a screen that says "GONE! The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource."
wtf?

3 hours ago, Raw&Vers said:

I'm not sure if It's just me or if anyone can view it.  I get a screen that says "GONE! The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource."
wtf?

I get the same message when I attempt to view your profile, Raw&Ver, but I can view my own and others without a problem.

14 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: The removal of your profile is the first step in the account deletion process. I see a request to delete your account on April 17.

Can that be reversed or do i need to start over?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Raw&Vers said:

Can that be reversed or do i need to start over?

Moderator's Note: Unfortunately, the only person who can help you is rawTOP, and he is out of action for a while longer. You may just have to tough this out until he returns. Since you are only 23 posts into this account, starting over might be a reasonable workaround. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, some basic features do not work anymore. For instance, I cannot edit my profile. I get the following message:

"Gone. The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource."

What is the reason?

• Moderators

Moderator's note:

See the thread above. This is the first step in deleting your profile, so you probably requested that at some point in the past. If you don't want it deleted, you will have to request that the deletion be cancelled. Be aware that @rawTOP (who is the only person who can do that) is recovering from a health incident right now and won't be able to handle it quickly.

So…these guys (and there have been more than one) asking why they can’t see themselves, being told that they asked for an account deletion - which is evidently now in progress - have not only forgotten that they requested such a drastic measure as an account deletion, but have, one supposes, also forgotten why they wanted it, and now want it undone mid-stream.

I’m imagining @rawTOP grinding his teeth.

But let’s assume the deed is undone, or the guy starts over with a completely new account. What is the likelihood that he is going to just as suddenly remember why he wanted an account deletion (say, for instance, he had an orgasm) and request it all over again, and if so, what is to prevent him from performing this rinse and repeat cycle indefinitely?

Asking for an imaginary friend.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

So…these guys (and there have been more than one) asking why they can’t see themselves, being told that they asked for an account deletion - which is evidently now in progress - have not only forgotten that they requested such a drastic measure as an account deletion, but have, one supposes, also forgotten why they wanted it, and now want it undone mid-stream.

I’m imagining @rawTOP grinding his teeth.

But let’s assume the deed is undone, or the guy starts over with a completely new account. What is the likelihood that he is going to just as suddenly remember why he wanted an account deletion (say, for instance, he had an orgasm) and request it all over again, and if so, what is to prevent him from performing this rinse and repeat cycle indefinitely?

Asking for an imaginary friend.

One thing could be to restrict account deletion to people who live in the UK and European Union countries where it's law that websites have to be able to provide an account deletion process. 

Could make it that you have to prove your a citizen of one of these countries and therefore protected by the laws prior to account deletion.

Wouldn't stop the problem but seriously reduce the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

So when i click on my account to open it

It says the requested resource is no longer available and there is no fowarding address

I'm on mobile.....what do i do here?

• Moderators
14 hours ago, greeto said:

It says the requested resource is no longer available and there is no fowarding address

That is the first step in deleting your account, as you requested. If you don't want your account deleted, you must request that the deletion be cancelled. See above in the topic this post has been merged into.

Please be patient. @rawTOP is the only one who can handle these things.

• viking8x6 changed the title to 410 Gone [was: Can't view my own profile]

So i kinda need to reverse mine too

At the time i was debating deleting my account but i changed my mind

Do you think it would be possible for someone to post here when rawtop comes back

....honestly the only reason i still have my name is because i haven't logged out yet......so i guess i'm still here....but cant access my account page

Edited by greeto

• Moderators
12 hours ago, greeto said:

Do you think it would be possible for someone to post here when rawtop comes back

He is back, just not operating at full bandwidth just yet. Understandably, his recovery and day job and life have first priority on his energy. You should message him per the instructions in the "YOU CAN NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT" thread to request the reversal.

so i guess i'm still here....but cant access my account page

Yes. The block on the account page happens automatically part way through the deletion process.  The reason is explained here:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.