Has anyone else moved from a BIG piggy city to a smaller, not-so-piggy city?

Ugh.

I moved to Louisville Ky from Los Angeles CA a couple years ago.

LA was great. If I was craving loads I had so many options. BBRT, Grindr, any number of bathhouses. And the city had plenty of tops to go around blowing their loads in slutty little bottoms like me.

I'm having so much trouble in Louisville. BBRT is not very active at all. And its full of bi-curious bottom fantasy posers. There is a bathhouse. But the reviews aren't great.

UGH.

Sorry...I'm just bitching. I wanna get bred so bad right now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Same situation, different country.

I moved from Toronto Ontario to Hamilton Ontario- an hour drive.  Toronto has a couple of decent bathhouses and it's pretty easy to get laid especially on weekends.

Hamilton however has one bathhouse with no great reviews.  I went there once but I would never go back-- its a different standard, different vibe.  Most of these guys who go there are married and hiding it from their wives so the whole sexual culture is different.

I tried using the hookup apps BBRT and Squirt, but they took up so much time negotiating and chatting and planning hookups-- it wasn't worth it to me.  And so many flakes!

So I'm traveling back to Toronto when I need to get laid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn't move to a smaller city per se, I moved from Denver to Portland, but it is a night and day difference in piggyness. When I 1st moved I found myself spending twice as much time and getting maybe a quarter of the sex. Portland has multiple gay sex venues, but most of the guys at them just want to see, be seen and socialize. The same with cruising spots, they love the attention from cruising, but don't want to actually hookup. I was never a fan of the apps, but it is an even more extreme version of trying to hookup in person. 

I moved from Long Beach to Cleveland at one time in my past. The "gay" scene was very different, good in some respects, bad in others. The good for me was that gays there were ordinary and not into drama. They were also more masculine and you didn't see feminine gays. There were also a lot of married (to women) men cruising for sex. The bad was that it was hard to find regular hookups, especially with the married men who had to sneak around, and since it's a small town, everybody knows everybody and everybody has already done everybody, and everybody has an opinion about everybody else, and everybody was into everybody else's business. Living in the Los Angeles area, the city was too big for anybody to get to know you that well, let alone care what was going on in your life, but in a small city, you feel like you're under a constant microscope from the others in the gay community.

• Like 1

I moved from Honolulu to San Francisco and then back to Honolulu which can be described as different decades of my sexual life. 30-40-50. Also condom and no condom universe. 

SF was great! But I felt there were just a million times more bottoms in SF. Also everyone is on drugs so those who are tops couldn’t stay hard or became bottoms, idk. With 10 times more slutty and bb bottoms to choose, I didn’t have a lot of chances. 

Hawaii on the other had, especially with the strong military presence. When I returned to Hawaii I got a lot of bbc and depending on where you live a lot of tourist dick. More bbc in Hawaii than SF. I think I got fuck more in Hawaii than SF. The local guys still live at home, it’s impossible to get your own place in Hawaii.  So if you have your own place… you can get more dick. 

location location location 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Japbtm said:

Hawaii on the other had, especially with the strong military presence. When I returned to Hawaii I got a lot of bbc and depending on where you live a lot of tourist dick. More bbc in Hawaii than SF. I think I got fuck more in Hawaii than SF. The local guys still live at home, it’s impossible to get your own place in Hawaii.  So if you have your own place… you can get more dick. 

location location location 

When I moved from Southern California to Vegas I thought my sex life would almost be over, going from an areas with a greater population of 14 million plus to a city that has about 3 million residents. What matters in Vegas is not the residents, but the flow-thru traffic of tourists. You have to get creative at times or be able to host, because many of them travel with family and friends, but if you're willing to accommodate odd schedules, quickies, and an occasional drunken mess, there's plenty of regular sex to be had.

• Like 2

I have moved from Big City action due to family issues and the sex is  DRY. 

I list a lot on my profile to get a better match. It's probably too much info for some and scare a few away. 

I do have my type and a couple of regulars but we are all Honest and upfront with each other. I do miss the big city action. I lived in San Diego and we had the navy ships and submarines, Marine training base and the Air Force at Miramar up Interstate 15 or North I-5 to Camp Pendleton. It's a military town.

San Diego had 4 bathhouses and now down to one. Los Angeles was fun, SLAMMERS was always interesting and hit a few of the baths. Also had fun collecting loads in San Francisco at the baths and a private group "CockTail" party. I had just checked my clothes in and turn around and Dawson walked in with a couple of buddies and said he had 3 loads and wanted more. I slid into him a couple times and his ass was taking Loads all night. 

Now small city, one bathhouses but low activity. Apps are hit and miss as it's the same people in your own area. Ŵhen I travel my ass is OPEN for Hard Cocks, No Condoms and I Expect your load pumped DEEP INSIDE MY ASS.

• Like 2

i moved from NYC to Pvd RI on the eve of turning the big 5oh- biggest mistake of my life! lol 

i was very lucky to have come out in my late 20s at a time when NYC was like one big bathhouse and you couldn't swing a cat by the tail wout hitting 10 hot guys up for it at any given time on any given day. don't get me started because i have too many "and this one time at band camp" stories of misadventure. sometimes i regret not being even bigger of a whore than i was but i liked my life at the time so also no real regrets. 

now i'm well worn and world weary and just reg ole vanilla sex is zzzzz. so it's hard being a past-your-prime pig slut in a town that feels like you took a time machine set for 20 years ago to get to. 

• Like 1

When we relocate for some reason or another, it's good to bear in mind what the "benefits" might be in the new burg.  If our work requires X location, well - not much to do about that I guess.  But if one has choices to make ,try to find out as much about the seamier side of the prospective location in advance of making a decision.  

Even better, schedule a week or so in the prospective new location for a little fuck-cation and stick your Cock in the waters to see juuuuust how hot it really is.  That's what I did before leaving Chicago - it' different here in Ft. L., but not all that different.  No complaints in the more base requirements, and nothing but disappointment in the cultural life in Ft. L.   

But, I had all of that for decades; CSO, Art Institute,, Lyric, A number of superb legitimate theatre,  and I don't regret it.  There was better legit theatre out in the neighborhoods than there is here.  On the other hand, there's plenty of raw sex, there's no winter here, and I love that.  Permanent Summer !!! 

• Like 1