What do you think of a man who speaks well of his own sexual ability?

ErosWired

We often talk about how confidence is sexy, and discuss ways of marketing ourselves in profiles, but there’s a sort of understood sense that it’s undesirable for a person to seem proud, boastful, conceited, self-important, or set himself above his peers in some way that shows a lack of humility. What would you think of a bottom who says, “I’m a good fuck”? Do you view it differently than one who says, “I give great ass”? What about “I give excellent ass” or “I’ve got the best ass on the planet”? Is it different if he says, “A lot of Tops say mine is the best ass they’ve ever had”?

Is there a point at which one toots one’s own horn too loudly? Can a guy do it at all, or is an instant turn-off, whether it happens to be true or not? If the claim is true, how is anyone supposed to know if the person says nothing? If, for example, a bottom has mad skilz with his ass, is it entirely up to other people to spread word about it for other Tops to learn of it and enjoy him?

I often wonder about this in the context of preparing text for profiles. I have reason to think that I give very good ass - I cannot test it myself to verify, obviously, but I have extensive experience of Tops making unsolicited comments during and after fucking that amount to very high compliments. I think I would be justified in making some claim of quality service. But I am always hesitant to say something like “I give great ass” because I don’t want someone to read it and think, He thinks a lot of himself, I bet he’s not that good. So how do you let people know you’ve got the good stuff without putting them off?

• Like 1

Everyone probably has a different opinion, for me Confidence with words, or confident writing is normally a sign that what they are saying can be true, yes I see people over exaggerated for the sake of the story, but you also need to be true about the things you write on your profile if you want the end experience to be positive. 

I’ve been told how smooth and soft my skin is, as well as that I have a curvy body and nice legs, some guys have made the comparison to me that I have legs of a woman, I take that as a compliment, and I could tell that are having a good time with me. Ive been told multiple times I look very cute and young, once I told I looked like jailbait, that has not changed. 

I guess tooting one’s horn doesn’t look that bad if you make it as a story of something that actually happened to you as well. Definitely makes you sound good as well 

truthfully, i'd rather meet a boastful muthur-fucker and be vastly disappointed than I would one quietly reposed and understated who breaks out a hack saw while I'm chained to his bed––and on that note these 'safety laws' have a way of making monsters of us all in the end, however i do believe the way out is also the way in and have long ago planned for this shit in my own ui development, not because i see away around it or that it holds any merit IMO ––I'm just looking at a different picture of how to go about doing the same things we do but with more immediacy and potential for meaningful experiences. And yes, I'll continue this thought on a different thread... I am a very good TOP when all the stars align, btw. 

3 hours ago, PaganzofLA said:

i'd rather meet a boastful muthur-fucker and be vastly disappointed than I would one quietly reposed and understated who breaks out a hack saw while I'm chained to his bed

It’s always the quiet ones, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, PaganzofLA said:

I am a very good TOP when all the stars align, btw. 

Now, see, I not only don’t find that off-putting, I find it believable. It doesn’t sound like bragging, just confidence to me.

To some extent if you are proud of your sexual prowess, you at least have to know what actual sex is to and at least be capable of actively fantasizing to boast about it. It is also useful information when they boast about not being a promiscuous slut in a sexual setting, I'm remembering this week that in a normal environment, the best thing to do is to move on as quick as I can and find someone who will admit they enjoy fucking. Next week when I go back home I will either have forget that lesson again or cease being a promiscuous slut.

Edited by NWUSHorny

I may be mistaken, but it sounds like the underlying cruising situation is via the ether in some fashion?  Apps, websites, all of that? 

I understand that not every guy lives close to the pigpens, or even the hog farms, for that matter.  If this is the case, then isn't it better to promise less (via an ad) and deliver more (in the flesh) ??  No guy can be the very best fuck to every other guy he fucks.  We're all different, obviously.  

I think it's better to downplay ourselves a bit, and then let the other guy find out for himself.  Sure, in some places we're forced to use the cruising tools we have, but the loudest horn isn't always the most in-tune either.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hntnhole said:

I think it's better to downplay ourselves a bit, and then let the other guy find out for himself.  Sure, in some places we're forced to use the cruising tools we have, but the loudest horn isn't always the most in-tune either.  

It's a balance.  There's boasting, and then there's confidence.  By the same token, there's understated, and then there's zero confidence.  Personally, I find boastful guys to not be good at the thing they've boasted about - that's probably my own experience, but there ya go.  

Honestly, I might enjoy certain acts and think I'm good at them, broadly speaking.  But a large part behind those great experiences was the other guy in the room doing those things with me.  I've been told my ass feels silky and welcoming before - by a guy who fucked me appropriately; another guy who wanted to just jackhammer into me without lube would very likely disagree with that statement.  

This is why I've tried to avoid overtalking about my sexual techniques when chatting on apps.  I might give a general idea of what I'm into (i.e. oral, anal, snogging, etc.), but will always put into conversation that every connection is different and we should try it in person.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

I tend not to talk up my skills. The endowment (which is substantial, but not absurd) gets enough attention, and (as I always say) I can't take credit for it, it's just my luck. I usually say, "I try to use it well." To my mind, the subtext is, "I actually put effort into doing this well, and therefore I have significant skill," which is in fact the case.

I'd rather have people be pleasantly surprised by my skills than disappointed by them. Often, it seems that they are; I certainly get plenty of repeat custom.

The downside is that I might not get as many interested parties up front, I suppose.

As for my take on other people's bragging (or stating simple facts about their abilities), I'll put a moderate amount of credence in it if they don't seem otherwise narcissistic or arrogant, but honestly, I'm hoping I'll find out soon enough.

The exception is people who brag about their oral skills (which for whatever reason seems to be the most common form of bragging in the MSM department). Since receiving oral is very far from my favorite sex activity (it's usually doing more for the guy giving it than it is for me), a guy passionately arguing that his oral skills will change my mind (after decades of experience) is only annoying and indicative that he hasn't read my profile.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Confidence is a turnon for me, and if a top tells me he's good in bed, I tend to want to see what he's got to offer. On the other hand, there's a difference between a guy who says he's good in bed, and one who actually is good in bed. So sometimes I want to ask why they think they're good at it. If they have a track record of satisfying bottoms that they can point to, great.

If they say something like, "Because I'm packing 10 inches" I'll be curious but skeptical. I've had big dicked tops that completely underwhelmed me with their lack of skill. They thought their dick size automatically made them good at sex, but my completely unsatisfied ass said something else.

7 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

The exception is people who brag about their oral skills (which for whatever reason seems to be the most common form of bragging in the MSM department). 

Oh my God, yes!!!!  Not really sure what it is about oral either, but this has to be the biggest chunk of bragging.

Personally, it's not that I don't like receiving head; it's just that many guys can't do it the way I like it.  I'm not into the "hoover mouths" that take the phrase sucking dick far to literal.  I've had other guys who say they like to "go slow" in fact go so incredibly slow that it just doesn't feel like anything.  Worst experience getting sucked though had to be my first ever receiving of head - after about five half-arsed bobs on my cock, he looks up at me and asks "you close?"  I politely said no...then after a few more similarly disappointing bobs, the same thing again.  Clearly far too focused on wanting me to cum, but not having the technique to get me there - and he was one of those who bragged about his skills, which is why I agreed to it in the first place.

10 hours ago, hntnhole said:

isn't it better to promise less (via an ad) and deliver more (in the flesh) ??

To be successful in advertising, make your product seem worth less than it is.

Said no advertising textbook ever.

Don’t show any skin till you get in the room.

Said no successful pimp on the planet.

You can’t deliver anything if you don’t get the guy in the room with you, and that is the entire point of the ad, unless you’re not actually looking for a physical encounter. But I’m not really asking the question in relation to looking for chat. If you’re just chatting, a guy’s actual performance skills are irrelevant. In fact, if you’re just chatting a guy up for mutual fappability, you’d probably want someone who makes big claims, as long as he’s convincing.

I don’t chat - in fact, when I’m hosting, getting into a back-and-forth with someone almost always gets in the way of fielding fucking inquiries, so I try to avoid having to talk myself up individually. I’m looking to get down to friction with a minimum of nonsense, so I need to close the deal as quickly as possible. I need guys to know at a quick look-over that I’m real, that I put out as advertised, and that I’m worth their time. I don’t have the luxury of going at it lackluster - I’m a 56-year-old cumdump trying to attract cock in what is essentially a younger men’s arena.

I don’t see how being coy gets you anywhere; I only wonder how much is too much.

17 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

I tend not to talk up my skills. The endowment (which is substantial, but not absurd) gets enough attention, and (as I always say) I can't take credit for it, it's just my luck. I usually say, "I try to use it well." To my mind, the subtext is, "I actually put effort into doing this well, and therefore I have significant skill," which is in fact the case.

I'd rather have people be pleasantly surprised by my skills than disappointed by them. Often, it seems that they are; I certainly get plenty of repeat custom.

The downside is that I might not get as many interested parties up front, I suppose.

As for my take on other people's bragging (or stating simple facts about their abilities), I'll put a moderate amount of credence in it if they don't seem otherwise narcissistic or arrogant, but honestly, I'm hoping I'll find out soon enough.

The exception is people who brag about their oral skills (which for whatever reason seems to be the most common form of bragging in the MSM department). Since receiving oral is very far from my favorite sex activity (it's usually doing more for the guy giving it than it is for me), a guy passionately arguing that his oral skills will change my mind (after decades of experience) is only annoying and indicative that he hasn't read my profile.

If I ever got the chance I would love to play together with you

On 7/5/2023 at 9:59 AM, hntnhole said:

I may be mistaken, but it sounds like the underlying cruising situation is via the ether in some fashion?  Apps, websites, all of that? 

Clearly I was.  I know I'm fortunate to live in a place where I don't have to depend on advertising.  I was in the publishing business (print), and I know how important a properly-composed ad is.  What I'm not experienced in though, is cruising via the internet, or phones or other electronic means.  

So, my apologies.