Is It Time to Boycott Grindr?

ytowndaddybear

Grindr is now engaging in unfair and likely illegal labor practices in retaliation for employees voting overwhelmingly to join the CWA union.

[think before following links] https://therealnews.com/grindr-issues-mandatory-return-to-office-policy-2-weeks-after-union-drive

I will boycott Grindr over this, will you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, muscmtl said:

Every second of every minute of... is time to boycott grndr

I agree, but there is a difference between not wasting my money on their service and a coordinated and public boycott for a specific reason by hundreds or thousands of customers and potential customers.

I ditched them all a few years ago. too much hemming and hawing, no-shows, stretching the truth, blah blah blah.

That said, I moved to Ft.L. for a reason: that being the hook-up apps aren't really necessary. 

A funny aside:  the other day I walked into a store, and standing there in front of me was a guy I recognized - he recognized me - I said "hey, bud - where do I know you from".  He said he knew me too, but couldn't remember either.  We both smiled wryly, and went our separate ways. 

It's fun to run into guys I've fucked before, in a store, restaurant, whatever, and we're both getting enough action we don't even remember when or where we fucked - or care to.  

• Like 1
  • Piggy 1

2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

A funny aside:  the other day I walked into a store, and standing there in front of me was a guy I recognized - he recognized me - I said "hey, bud - where do I know you from".  He said he knew me too, but couldn't remember either.  We both smiled wryly, and went our separate ways. 

It's fun to run into guys I've fucked before, in a store, restaurant, whatever, and we're both getting enough action we don't even remember when or where we fucked - or care to.  

That seems so odd to me - I never experience encounters like that, probably because I usually never get a good look at the men who’ve been inside me in the first place.

It’s hard to imagine a boycott of Grindr working - if guys are so low on integrity that they flake on hookups, they’re not suddenly going to develop the backbone to stick to a moral crusade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Never having used it (ditched the cruise apps before Grinder became a thing, maybe?), I can't comment about that particular one, except to say that around here, there are guys walking around like automatons, eyes super-glued to their phones, crossing the street never bothering to notice oncoming cars, guys driving around staring at their phones, as though there weren't any other people except the trick on their phone.  Car-crashes are so commonplace people in the area don't even comment on them anymore.  

I agree, in that guys that are so wrapped up with cruising that this kind of inattention to anything else is possible, they certainly won't stick to any kind of crusade, let alone a moral one.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 7:44 PM, ytowndaddybear said:

Grindr is now engaging in unfair and likely illegal labor practices in retaliation for employees voting overwhelmingly to join the CWA union.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://therealnews.com/grindr-issues-mandatory-return-to-office-policy-2-weeks-after-union-drive

I will boycott Grindr over this, will you?

For this reason, and a few others, count me in. 

I gave up on grindr a while ago. Just not worth the time. Many other places to find dick and not have to pay for it, or waste time watching ads and blocking tons of people you're not interested in. When you report criminal activity, the do nothing. When you need actual support they also do nothing. I'm surprised grindr is still around.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Close2MyBro said:

I gave up on grindr a while ago. Just not worth the time. Many other places to find dick and not have to pay for it, or waste time watching ads and blocking tons of people you're not interested in. When you report criminal activity, the do nothing. When you need actual support they also do nothing. I'm surprised grindr is still around.

Where are these such places? My personal experience is 50/50. Half I find on Grindr. Other half from hook-up sex venues.

Grinder is excellent for traveling and finding a specific type of guy that interests you by using their filters.

Other apps don't offer that functionality with such ease.

5 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

Where are these such places? My personal experience is 50/50. Half I find on Grindr. Other half from hook-up sex venues.

Grinder is excellent for traveling and finding a specific type of guy that interests you by using their filters.

Other apps don't offer that functionality with such ease.

I've had good luck with both adam4adam and sniffies, those are my two go-to's right now.

43 minutes ago, Close2MyBro said:

I've had good luck with both adam4adam and sniffies, those are my two go-to's right now.

I like adam4adam as the only site still around to meet older ethnic guys. I deleted my profile then came right back for that reason.

Sniffies is mostly young twink/thug types and I feel I'm on the older side for that site. I've never seen any guys over 25 y/o in my area.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

I like adam4adam as the only site still around to meet older ethnic guys. I deleted my profile then came right back for that reason.

Sniffies is mostly young twink/thug types and I feel I'm on the older side for that site. I've never seen any guys over 25 y/o in my area.

Sniffies has worked out well with me for finding guys who want a fast and easy hook-up. I'm also in a tourist town, so that might be part of it as well. 🙂