Torremolinos

I was in Torremolinos in October 2022, probably just before all the hotels closed. I found them pretty full with mostly with overfed, paste-white Europeans. (Which surprised me, because I thought that sub-species of humans was native to the United States.) I didn't see any signs of gay tourists, but I was only there a couple of days. Málaga was more scenic, and Madrid and Barcelona were full of hot men I wanted to fuck.

3 hours ago, Bator916 said:

I was in Torremolinos in October 2022, probably just before all the hotels closed. I found them pretty full with mostly with overfed, paste-white Europeans. (Which surprised me, because I thought that sub-species of humans was native to the United States.) I didn't see any signs of gay tourists, but I was only there a couple of days. Málaga was more scenic, and Madrid and Barcelona were full of hot men I wanted to fuck.

I’m sure your ass got pounded a lot in BCN.

23 hours ago, Bator916 said:

Haha- we’ll, as a pasty European myself, I’ll try not to take offence 😂

But to be fair, the same could be said for Maspalomas, which is similarly ‘unscenic’ and full of European tourists of all sorts. Doesn’t stop it being a great gay hotspot, though!

Torrie has always had an image problem, and asking around, I’m getting mixed reports. I’m intrigued, and think I might just have to go there and find out for myself. Not much to lose: flights and 3 nights accom for about £200… what could possibly go wrong? 

Edited by Spunkinmyarse

1 hour ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Haha- we’ll, as a pasty European myself, I’ll try not to take offence 😂

But to be fair, the same could be said for Maspalomas, which is similarly ‘unscenic’ and full of European tourists of all sorts. Doesn’t stop it being a great gay hotspot, though!

Torrie has always had an image problem, and asking around, I’m getting mixed reports. I’m intrigued, and think I might just have to go there and find out for myself. Not much to lose: flights and 3 nights accom for about £200… what could possibly go wrong? 

Great idea. Check it out and have a great time!

On 9/28/2023 at 8:11 AM, Spunkinmyarse said:

Anyone got any experience of Torremolinos? It seems to be “up and coming” as a gay destination, and I’m thinking of spending a dirty weekend there.

So much cheaper and easier to get to than Gran Canaria, with cheaper accommodation once there, too…

I know all about it, specially the breeding scene. 

For breeding I'd follow the naked nights of the cruise bars.  They've (mostly ) coordinated so they don't overlap. 

Cuero Mondays, naked day, it's truly exceptional. Big caveat though, this is a mature crowd, but holy cow there's BBing going in here. Last summer I got five loads in a row upstairs at the end of the night.  People had to unload and when one started a line formed and all deposited.  

XXL on naked Wednesdays can be fun. XXL is new, not sure if It'll survive, but the few that go are definitely worth it. Location is very convenient but I don't have faith in the owners promoting this place properly. 

Thursdays are naked for Alcatraz, and I have always had a good time here on Thurs. Sucks the other days for me (too young a crowd)

Attack (the old querel) is naked on Wednesday and Sundays. It's a bit far but place is great.  Personally haven't been recently so not sure what's going on. It's close to the sauna ..

Then you have extreme. Extreme IS the reference cruise space in Torremolinos. It's expansive and always busy. I've been on a Tuesday in January and there was action. With being the "default" cruise bar comes a mixed crowd. Some younger tweakers, some unsure what they are looking for. Sometimes the Extreme vibe is a bit off .. sometimes it just clicks. 

There's more to tell about Torremolinos but I'll stop here not to make this too long. Is there's interest I can expand. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for your detailed reply, @rawfuckr- details are what it’s all about! 

To what extent do things shut down for the winter? From their websites, it seems like a lot of bars stay open, but reduce their hours or only open at weekends. If I go, it would probably be the first weekend in November: last year they were promoting a ‘winter pride’ event on that weekend, but there’s no mention of it this year…

10 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Thanks for your detailed reply, @rawfuckr- details are what it’s all about! 

To what extent do things shut down for the winter? From their websites, it seems like a lot of bars stay open, but reduce their hours or only open at weekends. If I go, it would probably be the first weekend in November: last year they were promoting a ‘winter pride’ event on that weekend, but there’s no mention of it this year…

Weekends are good all year round I think. Not as busy as the summer, but still a lot of fun.  

If you are just looking for a getaway and not super concentrated on play I'm sure you'll have fun. The bar area is called 'La Nogalera', right next to the train station. It'll always be busy on weekends.

Off season cruising good bets:

Extreme: It's always busy, no matter the time of year. Check their website for events, but in general this is the destination for getting naked and down to business. The place is really big, but they are quite smart to close some areas down in the winter, so people can find each other quicker. Once you've had enough of the bars in Nogalera lots of people head here to fuck. It's open late 5amish.. check the site.

Cuero mondays: While Cuero does falter mid week off season, cuero (naked) mondays are usually a blast all year round. Sat and Sundays can be good too through the year. Important note about Cuero. This is a tiny hole in the wall of a bar, There's the bar downstair and then the upstairs area for play. The play area is way bigger than the bar itself. Having fun here is quite about coming at the right times, which is almost always between 23:00 and 1:00. If the place is not happening around midnight it probably won't that night. Fermin, the owner, it's a bit of a local institution and fun to boot (he's written a book about the bar and been on reality TV selling it). He bartends naked most of the time and he's super friendly, just go in and chat with him. Cuero has a 3-4 euro minimum drink to get in and has lockers if needed.

Men's bar: Mens bar downstairs, is just a big dark room on the bottom floor of Men's. If there's too many people this place is too chaotic to bother, but when there's less of a crowd in town I've found it quite condusive to good fucking and play. Has little rooms, dark areas of all types... This place has a higher effort bar than the others. It's just your standard walk around and cruise kind of dark room, but if you know how to work it you'll score plenty.

There's all the other places, XXL, Attack, the sauna during the day, Alcatraz, and a bunch of dark rooms in nogalera. Also bars get going late, other than cuero that's very much a 23:00 to 01:00 deal, The others will open 22:00ish and won't get going till 23 or midnight. so be aware of this cadence.

I'd say hard not to have fun whenever you go. And hey, Torre has a beautiful expansive beach, and lovely old part of town that gets you there. 

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Like 2

Sounds like you are quite a fan, @rawfuckr! It’s nice to hear some positive feedback about Torrie- I tend to have a soft spot for underrated, unfashionable places (I used to live in New Jersey ffs), and having just read your post about the decline of Sitges, maybe Torrie’s time has finally come!

How would you rate it compared with GC?

• 2 weeks later...