Signs and symptoms that you were poz shortly after getting exposed.

bbcruiser

In December of 2021, about a month after I was pozzed I got a COVID booster.  The next day I felt really crappy and even worse the following day.  I had flu like symptoms for several days.  This booster was Moderna but my first two shots were AZ. Was sick after booth AZ shots just not as bad.  I got the booster on a Saturday and called my doctors office on Monday when I was sick.  Since I had bad reactions to the AZ the and my symptoms were in line with what some people get with Moderna it was assumed that was the cause.  I had a Moderna booster in 2022 and was sick again just not as bad as 2021.

So I don’t know if I really had the fuck flu or if it was all from the reaction to the vaccine.  At the time I didn’t think anything of it, in my mind it was from the vaccine.  I had forgotten about my November bathhouse visit and the dude with the scorpion tattoo that had bred me.

It was not until my regular test in January of 2022 that I found out.  I was honestly surprised at first as I had been don’t ask don’t tell barebacking for over 4 years.  I tested every 3 months.  It had become so routine that I long ago stopped being nervous when testing.  Then I remembered scorpion dude and then questioned myself about the vaccine reaction.

• Like 1

About 1 week after I took my first known high viral count poz load I woke up sicker than ever. I was running a high fever and my bed was soaked. There was no doubt in my mind I had seroconverted. Blood tests a couple weeks later confirmed what I already knew. 

• Like 1

Similar for me- 4 or so days of flooding the bed sheets and have never done before. Also no energy and swollen glands and headaches. Therefore knew had probably seroconverted as was 10 or so days after a sleazy raw fuck when I was drunk and the guy kept calling me a slut and that he was giving me his babies. We did fuck again.

• Like 1
  • Piggy 1

About three weeks after I was fucked by an anonymous guy in the city park i got the flu. High fever, aches, malaise and really bad night sweats. I was a bit concerned I was sero-converting because it was early September, not flu season. The acute symptoms abated within about 5 days and I felt fine within 10 days. Upon recovery I put it out of mind. The following spring i did get tested and the result was positive. I never saw the guy again but almost certain he was the one. The sex was unbelievably passionate and pretty agressive. I was sore and the fluids in my bed the next morning were pink. He may not even have known he was poz.

• Like 3

I was missing taking PrEP and PNP a lot as I was working my way through school. I was very sick and my BF took me to the hospital my fever was 102 every mussel in my body hurt. They kept me in the hospital for four days. Later I was told I must been Pozzed months before. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I have just had an encounter with a guy who i think had a little bio hazzard tattoo on his top hip you could hardly see it he ploughed my hole and came deep in my ass ,how long does it take to sort of way know if i have been pozzed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stevo said:

I have just had an encounter with a guy who i think had a little bio hazzard tattoo on his top hip you could hardly see it he ploughed my hole and came deep in my ass ,how long does it take to sort of way know if i have been pozzed.

You'll need at least a few weeks before any sort of test has a positive reaction.

You'll need longer for a quality test that can confirm definitively whether you've been infected.

In the interim: assuming you are NOT seeking to get pozzed, the solution is to avoid unprotected sex until you can get those confirming tests and they come back negative at least 45-60 days out (to allow time for any infection to manifest itself). Sucks, but if you keep having unprotected sex in the meantime, you won't know if that was the sex that pozzed you, or maybe some later sex act. And once you've confirmed you're negative, then get on PrEP so you don't go through this.

You say "just had" an encounter: if it was within the last 48 hours, you could seek PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis), which prevents any infection from taking hold by hitting it with medication before you're stuck with it. But 48 hours is really the outside time limit; it's most effective within a few hours of sex, and the effectiveness diminishes over time. At 48 hours it's still more likely to work than not, but....

If you ARE trying to get pozzed, then your discussion belongs in the Bug-Chasing area, not the health area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PSA: Not everyone gets the fuck flu (seroconversion illness).  Most do, but about 20% don't.  

@BootmanLA brings up excellent points.  If your encounter with "scorpion man' was less than 48 hours ago; and you don't want to be poz yourself, PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) will generally do a good job stopping infection.  

PrEP is an excellent choice although be diligent about your 3 month checks.  Depending on how active you are, 2-1-1 Truvada can minimize side effects while protecting you from HIV infection.  Newere PrEP Discovy has fewer side effects for daily use.  

HIV infection symptoms take weeks to show up.  

3 hours ago, JimInWisc said:

Depending on how active you are, 2-1-1 Truvada can minimize side effects while protecting you from HIV infection.  Newere PrEP Discovy has fewer side effects for daily use. 

The minimum seems to be TTSS (Tues, Thurs, Sat AND Sun) without missing a dose. Or similar 2-1-1 regime as Jim said.