Mike Johnson speaker of the house

tallslenderguy

3 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

If you had half a brain to rub against the other half, you'd know that no "bill" can do either of those things. What has to happen is a court case that the Republican majority on the Supreme Court can use to overturn its previous rulings. Until that happens, no federal law on gay sex or gay marriage can happen. Try learning something about how our legal system works, how the prohibitions on laws on sodomy and gay marriage came about, and then try opening your mouth again.

I do agree Andrew Tate is a piece of shit.

So the reason you hadn't make a thread about him is...?

"I don't have to explain why  I didn't make anything to you!!!!" etc...

(ps Im out posts for the day again. Doesnt matter anyway the only thing less likely than you having something original to say is this November's election actually being any more real and legit than the last one)

Edited by harrysmith26
  • Downvote 3

16 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

I think you misunderstood the words that I wrote. I did not say that there is no way legislatures or Congress can pass anti-LGBT legislation. I said, specifically, that neither same-sex marriage bans nor same-sex sodomy bans can be passed under current Supreme Court precedent, and unless and until the Court overturns those precedents (Obergefell v.  Hodges and Lawrence v. Texas), no laws *on those topics* (emphasis added) can go into effect.

In fact, if you look at the ACLU page you yourself cited, and attempt to filter the legislation by topic, you'll see that "same-sex marriage" and "same-sex sodomy" aren't even topics that you can search for - because for now, at least, they are settled law.

I say "for now" because the right to an abortion, at least prior to a certain point in pregnancy, WAS settled law until it wasn't. But it didn't cease to be a right because of any legislation passed in Congress, Texas, Mississippi, or any other state; it ceased to be a right when the Supreme Court specifically held that it was not.

• Upvote 2