Our Son

carlton3053

PART ONE

I was meeting my girlfriend for a dinner date on the other side of town, so I had to pretty much dash straight from work in an uber. A dash I didn't need to make as it turned out as she texted me shortly after I arrived saying that she'd be late. I sat at the table and started drinking the glass of wine I'd ordered on arrival. There were a pair of gentlemen on the table next to me who smiled warmly towards me as I looked around the restaurant as I marked time. 

It had been a pretty frustrating day at work so it didn't take too long before I ordered a second glass. I'd barely taken a sip when I got another text message saying that she was held up at work, was gonna have to cancel and that she'd catch up with me on the weekend. "Fuck", I muttered under my breath as I put my phone on the table.

"Tonight not going as you expected?" one of the guys asked.

"You could say that."

"Well, you're welcome to join the two of us for dinner if you'd like. We were just about to order, and you've certainly had enough time to check the menu!" he replied. Why not? I might as well eat while I was there. I moved my chair & glass across as the waiter took my cutlery across.

"I'm Ron, and this is my husband Damian." I must've looked shocked as they introduced themselves. "Is us being gay an issue for you?"

"Oh God no, & I'm sorry if it looked like I did. It just never registered with me that the two of you were gay. I'm Josh by the way." The three of us shook hands.

"No, we're not the "usual" gay guys." Damian replied, laughing. They both looked to be in their 50s to 60 and in pretty good shape. 

"Have you two been together long?"

"About 30 years, in fact tonight's our anniversary!"

"Oh God, I'm so sorry to be imposing. I'll leave you to it."

"Not at all, in fact we thought it might've been fate that you sat next to us." They held each other's hand as Damian said this. "You look exactly like our son, we lost him a few years ago." It made sense given I'd only just turned 24.

"I'm very sorry to hear that and I certainly hope that we can have an enjoyable night tonight then."
"I won't get too crazy!" Ron replied. "I'm the one that drove here."

The next couple of hours flew by in a blur of food & wine. They were the nicest guys, asking me lots of questions about my background, family & everything but whenever I tried to ask them anything about themselves, they quickly turned the subject around to me. 

I got to my feet to head to the bathroom & immediately stumbled. "Let's get you home!" Ron laughed. When I replied that I lived on the other side of town, they said that they lived pretty close by & that I could leave in the morning. Sounded pretty good to me.

We got to their place pretty quickly, I sat in the back of the car while Damian & Ron were in the front, chatting & laughing. "Here we are, home sweet home!"

I'd never been inside a gay couple's house before but it didn't seem to different to most places. Damian went to use the bathroom while Ron handed me a big glass of water. I drank half of it quickly in the hope of warding off a hangover as he watched. 

I saw a bunch of photos of the two of them with a much younger man who must've been their son. I could trace his deterioration through the years in the photos even in my drunken state. "This must be your son?" I asked Ron with a mumble. Everything was getting a little hazy.

"Yes, that's Josh. He was such a giving young man and loved his daddies so much."

I saw a photo of him with the two of them, standing proudly in his school uniform while the two of them flanked him, he looked about 15 or so. "You don't have any younger photos of him?"

"Oh no," I heard a voice from the doorway. "That was around the time we first met him."

"Met him? What?" I wondered as I turned toward the door. I caught a glimpse of Damian dressed totally in black leather before I passed out.

END OF PART ONE

• Like 33
  • Upvote 5
  • Piggy 9

15 minutes ago, carlton3053 said:

Thanks for the feedback & love guys. I'll be clearing things up with Josh's age in the next chapter to clarify there's no minor stuff going on...

Waiting for next chapter! 

You have the skill of leaving me hanging... In this and all other stories you created.

• Like 1