How do Saunas work?

Have been to Pipeworks in Glasgow a few times. It’s pretty big and spread over two floors. I have not been since the pandemic which was the death of so many places so I don’t know if they had modified anything to survive. I always had a good time there. Always a real mix of ages, sizes and shapes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fungayboy said:

Just thought, is there any indication you can give of what position you do? Oris it just hope they are the opposite of your role? 😂

A left or right side armband would convey that message, most likely, and almost certainly is within whatever dress code there might be for any area in the joint.

2 hours ago, fungayboy said:

Just thought, is there any indication you can give of what position you do? Oris it just hope they are the opposite of your role? 😂

If it is an active venue, bottoms will lay face down in their private rooms or make it very obvious that they are presenting their hole for fucking in the common areas. If the active venue has a darkroom some of the bottoms will get pretty aggressive try to guide and impale their holes on any hard cock available. 

• Like 1

Would agre with all the above advice.

I'd add,

Any questions, ask the staff. You are not the first newbie they have seen.Y

ou don't need a floor plan, spend 10, 15 mins looking around, where is the facilities are, where the rest good, video lounge, general common room are. It is not always obvious. However you will get a feel for the place.

If you can, go a few times before you make your mind up. You can go once and get nothing g go again and have the time of your life, it depends on who else is there.

Don't know where you are, but the one in Luton isn't bad, better than any of the London saunas.

• Like 1

Fungayboy, after you store your clothing away, I'd go in a jockstrap so your ass is in plain view. Getting a private room (if there are any) is a good idea to use as a pitstop in-between cruising. Rooms close to darkroom are fun because in a few steps you're exploring (and being explored) in a darkroom. Just enjoy yourself to the max!

• Like 1

It's best to go first with no expectations and to just see what happens. Since you're in the UK I can't really tell you how things work there and in the US its all over the place honestly. I usually go to two Korean spa's near me and they're both different than the gay one here in town (Club Dallas). The Korean spas have both a dry sauna and a wet sauna. You have to be naked as the saunas are gender-specific (male or female only). You essentially go in and don't cover up with your towel, see who's checking you out. If a guy looks interested you start playing with your cock, see if they come over to jerk you or not. You have to be cautious as attendants come by to make sure nothing is going on, but on Sundays they rarely seem to come by at the one spa and so guys are just having at it and a guy by the door keeps watch. Mostly its JO or BJs but there's fucking too. You have to be something of an exhibitionist as guys will be watching you. If you want private you take it to one of the tubs or a bathroom stall. But guys are also fucking in the hot tubs and spas too. Club Dallas is more in the open, but skews towards an older crowd than the Korean spas so I tend to go to the Korean spas more.