What was your first car?

rawTOP

• Administrators

Just a random question that has nothing to do with barebacking...

What was your first car?

Mine was a 1973 Super Beetle. My brother-in-law owned it before me up in Ithaca and it was pretty much rusted out by the time I got it in 1985. But it never had any mechanical problems - so it was a great little car in that respect. Though it was almost impossible to get it to go over 60, and on icy roads it was a bit scary to drive.

This isn't my car, but it's sorta like my car - though mine was pretty rusty.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10240&d=1313529791

post-1-140864336261_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

A 1976 Chrysler Newport

6050615491_856c2af466.jpg

This one has a lot more color than mine. It was beige on beige. I think the color was actually called "Bone."

It had bench seats in the front and would hold 8 passengers comfortably. The trunk was big enough to hold everyone's instrument on the way home from band practice, too.

It would have been perfect for fucking in the back seat. Alas, I wrecked it about 6 weeks after I got it.

1977 Chrysler Cordoba... Wanted a Cutlass, but couldn't find one I could affort, said I would take a Cordoba, got the first one I bid on. Blue, had it painted 2 tone like the charger's that year (after they stopped being chargers and were just Cordoba's with dodge nameplates), aluminum rims, leather bucket seats with console and auto on the floor, hand crank sunroof (metal), power everything, AM/FM 8-track, 400 4bbl. Speedometer went to 120. Needle burried about an inch past 120. Couldn't find a good picture, and mine are in the attic somewhere I'm sure.

My first was a Chevy Citation, can't recall the year, think it was an 80something. My 2nd many years later, couldn't afford one after the Citation took a shit on me, was a 1973 Buick Skyhawk, had that one a few months as it was costing me a fortune to repair, it was step uncles fathers car and he hardly ever drove it so it sat and everything rotted out. My 3rd was a Chevy Corrisica, then a 96 Honda Civic 5 speed coupe, and the one I have now is a 2000 Honda Accord coupe. Yep not owned many cars in my life.

Technically it was a GMC truck, vintage 1969, that my Mom put in my name when I got my license. I never drove it. My second was a '67 Chevy Bel Air that I owned for several years. I seem to recall I sold it to my brother when I went into the service. The last car I owned was a '73 Catalina that I owned until '82. Since then I haven't owned a car, although I had a long-term lease on a '96 Mustang while I lived in LA. Nowadays it's strictly subways, trolleys, and trains, with an occasional taxi or airplane thrown into the mix.

Edited by Hotload84

A 1976 Chrysler Newport

6050615491_856c2af466.jpg

This one has a lot more color than mine. It was beige on beige. I think the color was actually called "Bone."

It had bench seats in the front and would hold 8 passengers comfortably. The trunk was big enough to hold everyone's instrument on the way home from band practice, too.

It would have been perfect for fucking in the back seat. Alas, I wrecked it about 6 weeks after I got it.

Shame the car was wrecked, Drscorpio. The Newport had style.

I went several years before buying a car. I bought a '95 Plymouth Neon which was my escape to the gay scene when I was in the Army. Decent gas mileage and took me all over the country, including my first visits to a number of cities, from New Orleans to San Francisco.

I'm currently driving the second vehicle I've ever owned, a '99 Dodge Ram pickup, which is looking kinda ugly at this point, but that's OK...so am I. Kinda looks like the one in the picture, except mine's a 1/2 ton.

99%20Dodge.jpg

My first car, given to me by my grandma in 1988, was a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. My dad made a roof rack for it out of an old shipping palette (I wish I had a pic of that!) and I moved my mattress every year to and from school on the roof -- 350 miles from New Hampshire to Syracuse NY! The car was so big that I was always the designated moving van for all my friends. And it was great for having sex in the back seat! I had the thing until 1993 when we sold it to someone for $500.

The first car I bought was a brand new 2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible. That was an amazing car, a total guy magnet, and I miss her dearly.

Now I live car-free in Boston and don't miss driving one bit.