Any LGBT+ Republican individual out here?

tonio

12 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i didn't expect that they would be.

Who knows? Maybe he likes a shitty economy, high unemployment, rampant corruption, books burning, what happenned in Charlottesville and the suppression of rights, among other conservative accomplishments. Maybe he even thinks that Trump is a successful entrepreneur.

Anyway, I know I would support a single GOP. candidate based only on the shitshow these "conservatives" are putting in the House of Representatives, one for the ages by the way, but . . . every person is a world in itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2/20/2024 at 10:53 AM, 50latinos said:

Good luck finding one! The ones that are not completely crazy are leaving the party or are pulling out of their races, and those who stay ae doing it out of cowardice and personal convenience . . . 

Oh, sure! That's probably why they were aligned with the bipartisan border security bill negotiated in the Senate, which complied with every item in the conservative wish list in the border including money for the wall, which was killed by Trump's peons to prevent Biden to take action in the border for electoral expediency.

What do you vote in DC other than president anyway? Mayor?

I actually live just across the border in MD but it’s easier to say DC. 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:36 PM, topblkmale said:

because Republicans keep Cuba in line

This is apparently what you're alluding to, regarding "Republicans keep Cuba in line" :

"June 20 (Reuters) - China and Cuba are negotiating to establish a new joint military training facility on the island, sparking alarm in the U.S. that it could lead to the stationing of Chinese troops and other security operations just 100 miles off Florida's coast, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday citing current and former U.S officials."

That is from June, 2023 ..... [think before following links] https://www.reuters.com/world/china-plans-new-military-training-facility-cuba-wsj-2023-06-20/ 

Oddly, if I recall correctly, it was a Democratic president, Obama, who opened the door to Cuba and tried to draw it into our sphere of influence (to keep it out of the influence of our adversaries) and it was a Republican president, Trump, who slammed that door shut with his typical bellicose and incoherent foreign policy screeching.

The reality is that Republicans have no interest in Cuba whatsoever except as (a) a source of votes among Floridians of Cuban descent and (b) an election issue about the big bad commies right in our back yard. It was a Republican president who planned the disastrous Bay of Pigs "invasion" with no real commitment to a winning effort, leaving it to a Democratic administration to play "mop up" as the frightened Cuban government turned to the USSR for support - and leading directly to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Just like the economy, Democrats are forever being tasked with cleaning up Republican foreign policy messes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, hntnhole said:

This is apparently what you're alluding to, regarding "Republicans keep Cuba in line" :

"June 20 (Reuters) - China and Cuba are negotiating to establish a new joint military training facility on the island, sparking alarm in the U.S. that it could lead to the stationing of Chinese troops and other security operations just 100 miles off Florida's coast, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday citing current and former U.S officials."

That is from June, 2023 ..... [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.reuters.com/world/china-plans-new-military-training-facility-cuba-wsj-2023-06-20/ 

This is misquoted and belongs to @Orlbttmntraining

I’ve only been with two Cubans in my life and politics were in neither of their mouths. 

Edited by topblkmale

So, this topic's been around for a bit, and a number of self-proclaimed gay (or bi) men here have announced their support for the Republican party and/or Trump.

But not one of them, as far as I can tell, has articulated ANY policy reason for that choice. They haven't (or can't) point to anything the Republicans have done for the country that, in fact, has made it better; they haven't (or can't) point to anything in particular that Republicans improved for LGBT+ people here. They ignore repeated examples of how the Republican party has made it clear it intends (if it gains power again) to curtail LGBT rights like same-sex marriage, and intends to push the Supreme Court to overturn Lawrence v. Texas (allowing state sodomy laws, currently barred from enforcement, to go back into effect).  And when we point out that the Republicans made good on their promises to end Roe v. Wade (something that the quisling gay Republicans said could never happen), and that several GOP members of the Court have expressed the same skepticism about Lawrence that they did about Roe, we get... crickets.

And on every measure that people typically point to Republican policies to say "This is why they're better," the Democrats (under Clinton, Obama, and Biden) have done better. Unemployment, especially Black unemployment. Foreign policy (our links to the debacle in Gaza notwithstanding). The economy. Investment in infrastructure. No matter what the issue, the Republican edge has long since eroded. Lord know the "run it like a business" crowd has no legs to stand on when their champion has had six major corporate bankruptcies, had dozens of other businesses just outright fail, and who's on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars in civil judgments.

I mean - I'm open to informed discussion. Explain why you think this party's record is defensible-and back it with facts and figures. But it all seems to keep boiling down to "I like Trump because he speaks up for the common man" - even as he screws the common man over, repeatedly, time and time again. Maybe some here can understand why we think "speaks up for the common man" is just a coded way of saying "he hates the same people I do."

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Black unemployment was record lowest under Trump.

5.3%

Biden just tied it last month after 3 years.

I have no expertise in this area, but I’m interested in why that might be. What policies did Trump implement to help in this regard?

I looked at stats on Statista (wish I could embed graph here). [think before following links] https://www.statista.com/statistics/194151/unemployment-rate-of-african-americans-in-the-us-since-1990/

So it looks like black unemployment rates dramatically fell starting early in Obama admin. Rates steadily improved starting in 2010 (after 2008 financial crisis settled down) and continued until 2020 when rates bumped back up - I suspect due to Covid. (Trump was still president.) Rates then took a turn back down and now are lower than at anytime during Trump presidency. Looks to me like the changes in the last 14 years are likely due to Obama policies and improvements just glitched during Covid. Maybe someone more enlightened can give fuller explanation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DallasPozzible said:

I have no expertise in this area, but I’m interested in why that might be. What policies did Trump implement to help in this regard?

I looked at stats on Statista (wish I could embed graph here). [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.statista.com/statistics/194151/unemployment-rate-of-african-americans-in-the-us-since-1990/

So it looks like black unemployment rates dramatically fell starting early in Obama admin. Rates steadily improved starting in 2010 (after 2008 financial crisis settled down) and continued until 2020 when rates bumped back up - I suspect due to Covid. (Trump was still president.) Rates then took a turn back down and now are lower than at anytime during Trump presidency. Looks to me like the changes in the last 14 years are likely due to Obama policies and improvements just glitched during Covid. Maybe someone more enlightened can give fuller explanation. 

Black unemployment rate for the past twenty years.

image.thumb.png.20045d667a354846319e90183e7c3087.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Black unemployment rate for the past twenty years.

image.thumb.png.20045d667a354846319e90183e7c3087.png

Well, I think that illustrates my point. Black unemployment climbed significantly during 2008 recession, then steadily declined starting early in Obama years and through the next 10 years. Then it spiked suddenly in 2020 during last year of Trump presidency (likely due to Covid). During first two years of Biden admin, black unemployment again quickly declined. 

So my question is, how does this history indicate effectiveness of any Trump policy in improving black employment rates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Republican who is more of an Independent Conservative with left leanings. Hate the current admin. Doing nothing but letting America go to shit. Open borders, teaching kids under the age of 10 about sex and racism, 34 trillion in debt with tons more spending. Not saying Republicans don't spend a lot, but some somethings need to be provided for the security of American citizens first, then the rest of the world. Not the world first. We're still crippled by inflation, the economy is in a recession, and everybody is busting their asses to make ends meet. Shouldn't have to struggle like this if there were policies in place to help American citizens.

And Kamala is just a pretty face who sucked cock to get where she is now. She has zero awareness of what's going on. I think she finally made one trip to the border after all these years of being the border czar. Stupid cunt.  Granted I'd give her a good fucking in all her holes, but that's all she is worth.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

19 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Black unemployment was record lowest under Trump.

5.3%

Biden just tied it last month after 3 years.

That's simply false.

Or, rather - yes, last month, it tied with the Trump record of 5.3%. But that's after NEARLY A YEAR of it being BELOW Trump's best rate - Black unemployment hit a record low in April 2023 at 4.8% (FOUR POINT EIGHT is a full half percentage point BELOW FIVE POINT THREE). It's only slowly ticked back up to the tie point - but only bullshit lying media like Fox tout that "tie" as something "just achieved".

And it's worth noting that Black unemployment ENDED under Trump at WAY WAY WAY WAY more than 5.3% - which he only achieved for two months, in July and August of 2019. By January 2021, Black unemployment was back to 9.3% (NINE POINT THREE) when Trump left office, thanks in large measure to his disastrous handling of COVID.

Nice try, but no cigar. Care to try again?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, WillingRawVerse said:

Not the world first

Presumably you've heard of the North Atlantic TREATY Organization, which treaty has kept the peace in Europe since WW2?

Keeping "the world" safe has kept the US, out of wars ever since, other than those started by Dubya, of course ... you'll recall that it was he who invaded Iraq (2003), with 4,431 American soldiers killed, and Afghanistan (2001). with 2,402 American/Allied soldiers dead.  At least he kept his hands off Europe.

Modern-era Republicans as peacemakers?  What a ridiculous, laughable  notion.   

The rest of your screed is beneath a reply.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Presumably you've heard of the North Atlantic TREATY Organization, which treaty has kept the peace in Europe since WW2?

Keeping "the world" safe has kept the US, out of wars ever since, other than those started by Dubya, of course ... you'll recall that it was he who invaded Iraq (2003), with 4,431 American soldiers killed, and Afghanistan (2001). with 2,402 American/Allied soldiers dead.  At least he kept his hands off Europe.

Modern-era Republicans as peacemakers?  What a ridiculous, laughable  notion.   

The rest of your screed is beneath a reply.  

I am well aware of NATO. And we fund a large majority of it when it's supposed to be 2% of GDP for all nations in NATO. And I'm not arguing against what we're doing now, but the unnecessary spending to fight a proxy war with Russia when our idiot in charge left 40 million dollars worth of high-tech military equipment in a BOTCHED withdrawal in Afghanistan. And what you think is a screed is what's happening in our current administration. The Biden Administration policies have made the United States of America the laughing stock of the world. Nobody respects Biden. He's just a baffling, incompetent puppet. 

What's the plan for Biden for 2024? Hide in his basement again?

If you say that he's not, well can't help you there..

Edited by WillingRawVerse

51 minutes ago, WillingRawVerse said:

Open borders

Border apprehensions and deportations have been UP under Biden. Republicans torpedoed a deal on border security that was 100% stick, 0% carrot, all because Trump told them to, because he wants to run on the idea that the border is open. That's bullshit.

53 minutes ago, WillingRawVerse said:

teaching kids under the age of 10 about sex and racism

Kids under 10 need to know some basic facts about sex, in age-appropriate ways. What most assholes who complain about this mean is "They're telling our kids that gay people exist" and that infuriates them, because it means they can't control the narrative long enough to raise another generation of bigots.

Which is also the point about racism. If children are old enough to EXPERIENCE racism, they're old enough to know it exists. Only privileged white shits don't want children to know that yes, we have some things in our history that we're not proud of. Again, age appropriate, but if six-year old Ruby Bridges can hear "NO N*****S IN OUR SCHOOLS!" shouted at her as she walked into a formerly all-white elementary school, ten-year-old Bethaneeee can learn that her grandfather's generation was the one who did the shouting, and why it was wrong.

58 minutes ago, WillingRawVerse said:

34 trillion in debt with tons more spending.

Most of which debt was run up under Republican presidents or in response to Republican-caused recessions. Did you miss that when Trump left office, fully 25% of ALL government debt was run up on his watch?

59 minutes ago, WillingRawVerse said:

Not saying Republicans don't spend a lot, but some somethings need to be provided for the security of American citizens first, then the rest of the world. Not the world first.

One reason we help other parts of the world is that we (not just the US, but the European nations from which we descended) stole hundreds of trillions of dollars (in today's money) in resources and slave labor from "the rest of the world". And we learned, in WWII, that if we help our neighbors defend against invasion, we don't have to fight them right at our border. 

1 hour ago, WillingRawVerse said:

We're still crippled by inflation,

Inflation is down to almost pre-Covid levels. You seem to be thinking that because prices are still high, inflation is still high. But inflation measures GROWTH in prices, not whether they're remaining high.

the economy is in a recession

That's simply false, Absolutely, categorically, false. A recession is when the economy SHRINKS (for 2 consecutive quarters). GDP growth in 2023 was higher than in 2022. I don't know whether you don't know what a recession is, or just not how to read economic charts, but this is simply wrong as a matter of fact. Unless of course you're into those KelleeeeeeAnne Conway "alternative facts".

everybody is busting their asses to make ends meet. Shouldn't have to struggle like this if there were policies in place to help American citizens.

Unfortunately, Republicans do everything possible to make sure that people DO have to struggle - they cut all forms of assistance that might help people get ahead, in order to finance massive tax cuts for the rich, which, contrary to the delusional beliefs of most on the right, do NOT trickle down in some sort of "rising tides lift all boats" crapola. Those tax cuts for the rich finance massive offshoring of wealth to tax haven countries, fourth and fifth houses in the tropics or ski resorts in Europe or wherever, yachts that have sub-yachts docked on board for shorter excursions, and the like.

And Kamala is just a pretty face who sucked cock to get where she is now. She has zero awareness of what's going on. I think she finally made one trip to the border after all these years of being the border czar. Stupid cunt.  Granted I'd give her a good fucking in all her holes, but that's all she is worth.

What an ill-informed, misogynistic rant. It may well be true that her personal relationship with a former political leader in her state helped her career - god KNOWS that Republicans never, ever, EVER exploit personal ties to get ahead in business or anything else, right? Or is it only a problem when a Black woman does it? - but she's a lawyer who served as SF's DA for seven years, California's AG for another six, and then US Senator for four years. I'd wager she's done more with her life than anyone in this thread.

But in the interest of comparing sex practices and careers, I invite you to put forth your accomplishments in both so we can compare.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1