Any LGBT+ Republican individual out here?

tonio

Hey everyone

Does anyone in here know a LGBT+ individual who's gonna vote R next November?

I happen to be one of them and I have some friends who are the same, but it seems like we are a silent minority.

Not here to offend anyone, just to know if you also experienced this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 50latinos said:

I am glad to be able to say I don't know any and can't imagine any reason why any LGBTQ person would do such a thing.

That's a perfectly understandable statement. But believe me, we exist (lol). This is not a political website so I am not going to elaborate on "why", but it's interesting to see that even here, we find some diversity in that regard. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tonio said:

That's a perfectly understandable statement. But believe me, we exist (lol). This is not a political website so I am not going to elaborate on "why", but it's interesting to see that even here, we find some diversity in that regard. 

I agree 100%. We can disagree without tearing each other apart . . . except in a fun way, of course.

I would note, for the benefit of those drawn to this folder: this is the LGBT Politics forum, so political discussions are clearly welcome here. Like all parts of the site, the rules about politeness to other members apply, but one can be quite critical of ideas - even with heated words - as long as you aren't attacking the person expressing those ideas.

As I understand it, for instance, "You're a dumbass for supporting X" is against the rules. "I can't understand why any dumbass would support X", presumably, would not be, because it's not addressed at a member or members specifically. "X is a really dumbass thing to support" is even safer, because it's directly attacking the idea, not the people who support it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Let's Get Biden To Quit + Kamala

I understand the point, but I don't see any way to accomplish it.  I understand that minds don't work as adroitly as they get older.  That doesn't extend to the man or woman's character though.  My only gripe with Biden is, he won't kick the Prime Minister of Israel in the balls.  I know he needs the Liberal Jewish vote in Nov - but at the price of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians being killed, is just a bridge too far. 

Decent minded folks are stuck between the incumbent, and a complete asshole.  What may be our "saving grace" will be if Biden wins, and assembles a First Class Cabinet that will continue to press for human rights, all the uplifting things Biden has stood for and currently stands for decades.  

Replace him with who?  RFKjr (emphasis on junior) ?  Maryann Whatsername?  I don't see any alternative but to vote D - straight ticket D - and cross our fingers the rrrrrrrasshole gets tossed in the clink.  

Edited by hntnhole
still couldn't think of whatsername's name - fuck it ...
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators

Republican by registration, not by politics (I live in a red state). I consider myself "Liberaltarian". I certainly won't vote for the orange sociopath. Not particularly keen on Biden either. It's fairly clear that my wishes and interests won't be addressed in the Presidential election. Further down the ticket, things get more interesting... especially in the primary. Get out and vote, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I am a gay republican and have been all my life.  But I also use common sense when I am looking at candidates. I have to look at what's best for the country and not just my own self interests.  I can respect if someone is a Democrat and I don't criticize them for that and I should not be criticized for being a republican.   

• Like 4

On 2/10/2024 at 2:47 AM, tonio said:

Hey everyone

Does anyone in here know a LGBT+ individual who's gonna vote R next November?

I happen to be one of them and I have some friends who are the same, but it seems like we are a silent minority.

Not here to offend anyone, just to know if you also experienced this.

To me that’s like a weed smoker voting for a candidate that is running on banning weed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bimarried001 said:

To me that’s like a weed smoker voting for a candidate that is running on banning weed. 

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I humbly believe this is slightly exaggerated. In fact, some staunch Republican supporters are gay, like Peter Thiel or Scott Presler. Being LGBT+ doesn't require us to be woke advocates or to support a specific political agenda, especially in the free West. This is not Russia or Saudi Arabia.

I voted for Clinton in 2016, and did not vote in 2020 btw (liked Trump foreign policy but at the same time didn't want to vote for him). But the problem with the current Dems is that their aim is not to DO GOOD THINGS, but to APPEAR AS THE GOOD ONES. And that I cannot stand, especially after the Biden-sponsored genocide in the Middle East: at this precise moment, for the first time of my life, a vote for Trump wasn't out of the table. So yeah, having mean tweets in exchange of world peace and prosperity seems like not that bad of a deal honestly.  Just my two cents, not gonna dwell on this topic, this is my final message.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tonio said:

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I humbly believe this is slightly exaggerated. In fact, some staunch Republican supporters are gay, like Peter Thiel or Scott Presler. Being LGBT+ doesn't require us to be woke advocates or to support a specific political agenda, especially in the free West. This is not Russia or Saudi Arabia.

I voted for Clinton in 2016, and did not vote in 2020 btw (liked Trump foreign policy but at the same time didn't want to vote for him). But the problem with the current Dems is that their aim is not to DO GOOD THINGS, but to APPEAR AS THE GOOD ONES. And that I cannot stand, especially after the Biden-sponsored genocide in the Middle East: at this precise moment, for the first time of my life, a vote for Trump wasn't out of the table. So yeah, having mean tweets in exchange of world peace and prosperity seems like not that bad of a deal honestly.  Just my two cents, not gonna dwell on this topic, this is my final message.

As you said, you are entitled to your own opinion. 

• Like 1

As a European I cannot fanthom why anybody could vote for a corpse or someone who has clearly departed us spiritually. I do think the Biden presidency is a disgrace for the entire West. The people who manhandle the president for their own interests at peril if the interest of the people and the republic who face a fate worse than death.

• Upvote 1

I am from Canada and I have never voted Liberals forget the NDP. As someone said being LGBTQ doesn't mean having to support wokeism. Social justice is good to an extent however social justice will not feed us. Social justice tends to create a state dependent society and that's what Liberals and Left wants in Canada. Strong fiscal policies and fiscal constraints are required to generate income and attract investments. All that Canadian Liberals have achieved is divided society. 

Canada has become a doormat to criminals. We have gangs operating without impunity. Worst housing crisis. Worst corruption. Worst immigration policy. This is the legacy that Liberals have created. Literally everyone is tired of woke Liberals and Leftists. The under current is strong for a change.

This is coming from a person of colour, a visible minority that's how I am identified in Canada.

• Like 2