How much does your Family, contribute to the homophobia in your life.

brnbk

Rate your family's homophobia.   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your family's homophobia.

• 100 - My family- makes my gay life a living hell. I wish as a gay man, I was born to my next door neighbors, as they look very tolerant.
    • 75% - My family does not want to hear about it but don't stop me from living my - gay - life.
    • 50% - Dont ask dont tell
    • 25% - My Family is Okay with me being gay but will still occasionally make homophobic comments.
    • 0% - My Family is totally supportive of me being gay. They see sexuality as God given, and realize that it doesn't make me a bad person, but instead makes me who I am.
    • Sorry, I had another percentage in mind.

it's not a matter of dislike. they disapprove of any sexual contact that isn't hetero and married. for them sins are sins drug use, apostasy, or fornication and divorce = same penalty

non-binary LGBT orientation and id entity are labeled 1. temptation  or 2. willfull and deliberate carnal acts. tendencies and desires get counsel and soolo much more ministry chores sermons and homework. feeling persistently gay means prayer and celibacy and openly secret sistrens who target bachelors to marry the gay cum stains off with anatomy that sprays vagina juice and kidnaps your dna.

sin is an inborn human condition, so unbelievers like you? pally mine you are tainted by evil worldly influences like online forums or commercial sports or gambling or viral dick lust and body glitter contamination from drag brunch orgies. no animosity or ill will but unJWs are unsuitable for anything but polite mannered acquaintance. friends catch the sprit and devotion from the full immersion of the baptism. bible study and conversion are wasted on the gay and out horny monkeys so it's unlikely he'll attempt it unless and until you seduce him or he lapses or disconnects on his own steam. his length of tenure, age at baptism, depth of any family ties, ministry schedule and monthly reported activity are good as to gage his commitment.

me? i had no courage or support and full comprehension from age 7 the choice is my family i adored desperately or raunchy promiscuity. hair makeup wardrobe and performative arena sermons gave me latitude to fuck around until i got found out  cornered outed counseled counseled more publicly fired and shunned for unrepentance. 

20 years of bareback muscle ass to slurp on? worth it. ask him out. maybe yes maybe no then you'll know. it could go either way. how devout is he? from my ultra devout formative origin story i became the most charmingest sleazy heathen. 

and then i registered to join the zone with all you beautiful [banned word].

• 1 month later...

Assuming the "extended" family (i.e. cousins, second-cousins, etc), none at all.  To the OP, I am not in contact with any family (cousins, 1st or more) members, and haven't been for decades, and I miss them not one whit.  

I have one sibling, who is completely non-judgmental, and supportive of who her brother is. 

I hear from her family (i.e. her kids) never - which is fine with me.  

I do have a fairly extensive "chosen" family, who I am very regularly in contact with, and that's all I need to fulfill the "family" need.  

None. I have no contact with them.  To be fair, there was never a big deal made out of my being gay, but it was hardly a loving environment. When I left home, I left.  I prefer to spend my time with chosen family and the families of my partners (also chosen).

like most of society, they have greatly come around and been more and more accepting w each year that passes. when they all happily showed up to my wedding, that was a feel good moment.

however.... even w my parents now gone, im really starting to face a sort of delayed reaction about just how f-ed up i am in the head from a childhood filled with unapologetic homophobia. it's like a delayed reaction, and post-trauma thriving only lasts x amount of years or something. 

Immediate family is ultra cool especially Pop!..the rest of the extended family either won't say outloud or don't care...except a cousin who called me a faggot after having one to many at a party...I'm not a violent man but, he made a big show if it and then tried to punch me and missed...so I socked him one in the jaw and he hit the ground with a broken jaw! I leaned over him and whispered that even though I prefer men, I could fuck his girlfriend better then ever could...that asshole never called me faggot again and definitely went into beta mode when I was around.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Justaholeff said:

Immediate family is ultra cool especially Pop!..the rest of the extended family either won't say outloud or don't care...except a cousin who called me a faggot after having one to many at a party...I'm not a violent man but, he made a big show if it and then tried to punch me and missed...so I socked him one in the jaw and he hit the ground with a broken jaw! I leaned over him and whispered that even though I prefer men, I could fuck his girlfriend better then ever could...that asshole never called me faggot again and definitely went into beta mode when I was around.

I love it when bullies FA and then FO. Well done.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2024 at 2:20 AM, Justaholeff said:

Fam was def open to me being gay, so long it ment being like my brothers but with a man. Being poz and open/liberal sexuality proved a lot more difficult (‘why do U need to fuck around?)…