Classic Trump

I remember a joke from a Jewish comedian in the before times:  if you’re ever just going through your day to day life and forget you’re a Jew, don’t worry.  Someone will be around in 5 minutes to remind you.  Swap out “Jew” for “gay”, “black”, “Latino”, etc.  

I can’t think of anyone being honest who would think that Kamala Harris could have gone up to a “Whites Only” business in the 60s and gotten service.  But there are a lot of liars.

• Like 1

I cant Believe the fucking Democrat losers revel in Liz and Dick Cheney endorsements nowadays and think that’s evidence of their party’s moderation. Dick killed 10 million souls and now he put the blood mark on Kamala the great moderate. If I got Cheney endorsements I’d volunteer to be in a snuff film maybe paid for by the Soros foundation. 

I can Definitely see that most democrats don’t wish to kill people btw. I like most professed democratic values. But it makes me sad that democrats are unable to see beyond the happy words and critique actions. I suppose Most democrats on this site are happy to see the American bully sell American infrastructure, education, and domestic investment down the road to set up Ukraine and Israel up to killing and being killed, let alone the genocide of Palestinians (which at least on the Israeli front RFK Jr and Trump are probably even more blood-excited about). They are so desperate for praise from the killer-Cheneys. Why are they so desperate for Cheney-praise?

Democrats don’t understand economics and thus misinterpret objections to illegal immigration. Whenever I hear Some democrat blah-blahing about racism, I’m immediately aware that 1) they either don’t understand economics well enough to recognize MASSIVE resource reallocation; or 2) maybe they understand and embrace theft. Either way, stupidity or immorality are highly unimpressive. 

15 hours ago, nanana said:

revel

Revel?  

Really now - that's a bit much.  It's not we life-long Liberals ever venerated the Cheney's. 

Sure, we're glad there are some Conservatives that have seen the light enough to stand for avoiding the darkness, but we hardly "revel" in those folks waking the hell up.  

• Like 2

Over the past 20 years as society at large has made a "thing" of the uncle bringing up controversial topics at Thanksgiving.  The result of course is that we've stopped discussing things for fear of "upsetting" someone.  That's a piss poor motivation to achieve understanding with each other and a sure fire way to never achieve understanding.  

While the principle we're trying to achieve socially seems pretty clear; we no longer state it with clarity; rather diffusing it (or perhaps news media infusing it with conclusions rather than facts.  

The delight in the Thanksgiving passionate conversations was that no one ran to a corner to hide.  There was no violence.  Simply passion at the facts.  So I grew up and recall fondly the Thanksgiving "arguments" (really debate from two trained in debate) of my dad and his sister.  

@nanana you cast a rather broad net when you describe our less thoroughly informed brothers as revel.  But of course, some of them actually do.  For me the caution flag is raised whenever our reference is so broad as to encompass any large grouping; as if each individual within that group were Xerox copies of each other.  We are more in agreement than not.  So truly my only point to you is the reference "democrats" or "republicans".  

Now it is true that there is a rather large subset of "republicans" who have closed their eyes to facts. They have their adored leader who they appear to approach as if he is Jesus returned.  The Republican Party is right now nothing like the Republican party of any elected Republican prior to 2017 and certainly prior to 2009.  For most of us I think we are still grappling with what the Party values are.  Certainly unclear as their leader seems to have a wandering focus.  

The diversity amongst Harris supporters now (irrespective of their native "party") is rather diverse.  Until the main opposition party comes back to center (and judging from the VP debate combined with the bipartisan agreement in immigration, not yet ratified; I think that is achievable next term; DEPENDING largely on how we vote.  

The things we fear about the Democratic Party; that we will be paying for sex change operations of illegal immigrants is largely fear mongering.  It is popular amongst the opposition to create fear.  Just listen to their PAC advertising...  

FWIW on how I vote....  I vote for people, not parties.  I'll vary on primaries depending on whose running in the other party.  This year I pulled an R ticket to take one 45 vote away in the primary.  It didn't make a difference; but any of the others as people in office I was

• Upvote 2

JD Vance just whined about being fact checked.  Trump just bailed on 60 minutes because the chicken is afraid of being fact checked and his mouth breathing followers being exposed to objective reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NEDenver said:

JD Vance just whined about being fact checked.  Trump just bailed on 60 minutes because the chicken is afraid of being fact checked and his mouth breathing followers being exposed to objective reality.

Disagree, I love Trump and Vance

• Downvote 1

It's got to be sarcasm nobody could be that freaking stupid or care so little about the country or their neighbors nobody not it's impossible not possible

Anyone who would support tdump is a communist and believes in authoritarian dictatorships which is the antithesis of America so it can't be

Or they suffer from traumatic brain injury I mean one or the other I would I am loath to think that anyone in this country could be so ill-educated so ill read and so immoral has to not give a tinker's damn about the country or their neighbors it's not the America I know

Edited by CindiLee
I I did proofread the first time I did not proofread it like I did not proof read
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Having my roots in Austin Texas, but born and raised in Belgium Europe, i am shocked how Trump is dividing the proud American nation.  Now with JD Vance as running mate it becomes even more divided, and the lies are doubled up and also factchecked here.

It makes me sad, i remember who we as Europeans did look up to everything that came from America, the music, the cars, the hope, thé American dream.  Now we ask ourselves where did it go wrong the last 20 years.  9/11 was a factor for sure, but Mr Trump did shake up the things for sure in his first presidency, and with him other world politicians copied him like Bolsonaro, Orban, Putin and even Boris Johnson.  They just diddent give anymore about voters/people they just cared about themselves and their own gain.

What Trump and JD Vance is doing now is more lies, more division to that beatifull nation that was once called "Thé United States of America".   Please think about this my dear American friends, no matter if you are white, black, latino, Jewish, gay straight or undecided, think about how it was before Trump and after.  I rest my case your honour 😉😉😉😉

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PrisonbaiT said:

Having my roots in Austin Texas, but born and raised in Belgium Europe, i am shocked how Trump is dividing the proud American nation.  Now with JD Vance as running mate it becomes even more divided, and the lies are doubled up and also factchecked here.

It makes me sad, i remember who we as Europeans did look up to everything that came from America, the music, the cars, the hope, thé American dream.  Now we ask ourselves where did it go wrong the last 20 years.  9/11 was a factor for sure, but Mr Trump did shake up the things for sure in his first presidency, and with him other world politicians copied him like Bolsonaro, Orban, Putin and even Boris Johnson.  They just diddent give anymore about voters/people they just cared about themselves and their own gain.

What Trump and JD Vance is doing now is more lies, more division to that beatifull nation that was once called "Thé United States of America".   Please think about this my dear American friends, no matter if you are white, black, latino, Jewish, gay straight or undecided, think about how it was before Trump and after.  I rest my case your honour 😉😉😉😉

On 10/4/2024 at 9:28 PM, NEDenver said:

I remember a joke from a Jewish comedian in the before times:  if you’re ever just going through your day to day life and forget you’re a Jew, don’t worry.  Someone will be around in 5 minutes to remind you.  Swap out “Jew” for “gay”, “black”, “Latino”, etc.  

I can’t think of anyone being honest who would think that Kamala Harris could have gone up to a “Whites Only” business in the 60s and gotten service.  But there are a lot of liars.

It was not de rigeuer in that time period but, there were "blacks", who just pushed boundaries or in the months following de-segregation felt empowered enough to do so. Despite the violent history of black America there would always have been blacks & whites who out of compassion & human decency exchanged services or permitted mixed use of facilities.