Sex in dark places: A turn-on or turn-off?

hungry_hole

Do you like having sex in the dark, where you can't really see the guys you are playing with? Or are you the type of guy who needs to see the guys you play with?

I'm a big fan of sex in the dark because I find that guys are more uninhibited when they play in the dark. And I like uninhibited sex...

I've talked to management of some of the bathhouses I've visited and when I suggest they should change some of the lighting in their place, most say that guys like to see who they have sex with. At a sauna in Montreal (Canada) they have a public sling but with lots of lights and consequently it's hardly ever used. I know that if they turned off the lights around the sling more guys would use the sling. But management disagrees.

Last night I went to a "Blackout event" at one of the sauna in town where most lights were turned off. But lights were left on some steps near the gloryholes (for safety) and on a TV/Play room. The halways looked empty but when I went for a walk I found most people congregated in all the really dark places: behind the gloryholes and the wet sauna which had the lights turned off.

I know many guys don't like to have sex without seeing who they are having sex with. But many of us like sex in the dark. Why are sex-clubs providing more dark places instead of guys having to scramble in a small dark place?

I like it when it's somewhat dark, so that you can get an impression of the guy you're having sex with. I once went to a sauna that had a great steam room (i think it was in Munich): brighter towards the entrance, so that you can clearly see the other guys and then going from dimly lit to dark, with some nooks in the back that were really 100% dark.

I find completely dark back rooms to be somewhat of a turn off, always full of the grabby old guys you wouldn't want to have sex with under normal circumstances. Good as a last resort and for total sluts who don't care whose load their taking.

Can be very hot though when it's a private party with some kind of screening process. It's not about being picky. Just a nice normal group that fits (no 50 year age differences, somewhat similar mindset... etc.) Then you can just let yourself go and enjoy the bareback fucking.

Love it, it's the best sex ever! There a local cruising area that's really busy now the dark nights have drawn in and workers can stop off on the way home for a quickie. I regularly drop my trousers and pants and am rewarded with anon raw hard cocks being forced in pumping a load deep in my guts. The anon guys also often turn round and guide my raw and poz pre cum ouzing cock to their hole for a return fuck. Almost every night will guarantee you a session:grin:

Guest MightyMouth

I've visited several bath houses and sex clubs across the U.S. and have found that dark areas are the busier than lighted areas. But what I've also noticed is that people stand outside the dark area watching to see who goes in so the have an idea about who is in the darkened room before going in to play. Personally, I prefer to know what I'm getting but agree that on occasion a dark room full of hot, sweaty men can be exciting.

if you want to choose your partner(s) based on looks, go to a bar.

if you want to fuck without context or pretense, go to a darkroom. if all you know about the guy is what your body can sense, it's much more primal and intense. if all you want top do is share yourself with other guys who just want to share themselves, the dark is where it's at.

i miss darkrooms.group sex is definitely its most dissociative and elemental there. nothing but touch, sound and penetration. glroyholes aren't the same-- not enough contact for me, and wearing a blindfold isn't enough either, because then your partners can see.

if you want to choose your partner(s) based on looks, go to a bar.

if you want to fuck without context or pretense, go to a darkroom. if all you know about the guy is what your body can sense, it's much more primal and intense. if all you want top do is share yourself with other guys who just want to share themselves, the dark is where it's at.

Said perfectly. Sex gets reduced to its most urgent and most basic in the dark, and men become less inhibited and self-conscious once the lights are dimmed. Want to see a men at their most animal? Get them naked, flip out the lights, and let the fucking begin.

Definitely prefer darkroom sex. Yeah I hook-up with hot guys at the baths based on looks, sometimes the sex is great, other times a waste of time. But in the darkrooms and blackouts, inhibitions are dropped and few seem to care who or what they are dealing with. Anonymous fucking with few restrictions.