Lack of pictures

Guest MusclepigcunT

Guest MusclepigcunT

It is almost 2012 and EVERY phone on the planet has a camera. So, why don't guys have pictures of themselves? What is the deal with going onto a sex site with ONE picture of ONE body part. That doesn't make me want to have sex with a guy. I get all kinds of excuses. They offer to send pics if I send pics of me. WTF? I've got 50 pics of myself online (tons of face photos) floating around out there and a dude wants to trade pics of me? I keep my pics up to date so the dude knows exactly what I look like, right down to the hair cut (high and tight).

They are hiding something. I'm told guys do it for privacy. Well, this is 2012 in San Francisco, so this tells me a little about you. I'm suspicious of a guy who only has one pic and no others to show. I've encountered a lot of guys who are cheating on their boyfriends (sometimes wives) and don't want to get caught. This is what they mean by privacy.

Or I've found it means they are hiding what they really look like. I want to see the whole package. A giant dick is not going to get me to open the door. I need to know there is chemistry. I like a handsome face, and guys who attempt to take care of themselves. I don't do mercy fucks.

I'm wondering if there are any other guys out there frustrated by dudes who only have "one" pic in the age of smart phones. WTF are they hiding?

Some guys have wives or boyfriends and need to be discrete. Other guys might be "out" but have jobs where it's ok to be gay, but not ok to be hooking up with slutty guys on barebackrt or whatever. I can think of a half dozen guys I know who are teachers, high powered corporate dudes, cops, military commanders who fuck guys but for professional reasons need to not have the whole world know what they are doing on barebackrt or manhunt or adam4adam. It's just the way I it is, I don't see why you are so butt hurt about it.

• Moderators

I agree that not everyone can show a clear face picture, but you should have some sort of body and cock/ass shots that show off what you have to offer. If I have to give out personal information (email or cell #) to get a look at any pic, I will be a lot less enthusiastic about your profile. I am willing to make an exception for guys who need to be discreet who also have tattoos or other body mods that are so distinctive as to be like a face shot; I haven't encountered many of these.

Edited by drscorpio
left out a word

In October of 2011 my profile at collarme.com was used against my son in court in his child custody case. The proof for the court that it was my profile was my face pic. The claim was made that my son was an unfit parent because he still associates with me and I am involved in the gay bdsm world. I have decided since this happened that the accounts I have with identifiable pics are the only ones that will have them. It was proven to me very well that my actions can effect others, and in ways I never even imagined. I find negative impacts on others (such as my sons) unacceptable.

Neither am I casual about sex. In fact my recon profile says "I don't play casually so don't ask" I do not feel that people need photos of me since I have no active plans to meet for sex.

Okay, I've got a nerve commenting here when I've been too lazy to post a pic, but you can find me at BBRT. My personal rule is no face pic, no meet. Okay, I've got a thing about looking into his eyes whichever way round sex is going.

One of the biggest disappointments of my life was a guy who sounded/talked/looked perfect: I could have gone from "versatile" to "slave" were it not for the fact that his online photos were ten years out of date. Age wasn't a problem: his honesty in using old photographs was. Yes we fucked (after his travelling such a distance it would have been rude not to), and yes, he was bloody good at it, but if a sexy man like him is using ten year old photos online, what problems lie beneath?

Guest MusclepigcunT

Thank you bearbandit. It is 2012 and I'm in San Francisco. It is completely acceptable to be on online dating sites and is considered a community norm. I can understand locking them and can be forgiving if a man will text or email them to me. But it is a deal breaker if they don't have a face pic. I don't buy that everyone without a face pic is a high powered corporate executive or elementary school teacher. I want to see the eyes of a person that I'm going to have sex with. The fact is, they are not being authentic and have something to hide. And if you are going to hide your face, what else are you hiding? Should I be concerned about your hep c status? What about other STDs? Are you being honest about them? There are 100,000 other gay men in San Francisco and 20 bars down the street, there are other options. Asking to see the face of someone before I hook up is not out of the realm of plausible acceptance. Answering the door to a man who is missing all of his teeth and looks like he has been on crack for the past 10 years is enough for me to learn my lesson. No face pic = no sex. A simple face pic of someone with a shirt on can't be used against you. You had poor legal representation. Oh, and it is affect, not effect.

Guest MusclepigcunT

I have an ethical problem with hooking up with guys that are "discreet" because they are cheating on their wives or boyfriends. They have to be discrete because they are cheating and I want nothing to do with the drama that ensues.

Guest MusclepigcunT

Actually, it isn't the way it is. It is not acceptable paradigm in San Francisco to hide your face no matter who you are. This is a common problem among people who move here from flyover states and haven't adjusted to the San Francisco paradigm.

I don't request pics to see what the guy looks like. I only ask because it weeds out the flakes, messes and self- haters that are so far gone that they can't even stand to snap a cell-pic of their own crotch when they're in the bathroom.

Occasionally, I get a guy who obviously uses someone else's pic, but that doesn't bother me. At least they do it because they read my freaking ad and know how to follow the simplest of directions. If you're too lazy, stupid, or closeted to snap a pic of your own junk, then I'm probably not going to be of much help to you when my pants are around my ankles in the woods behind the piggly-wiggly.