The Unappreciated Undetectable

NiceHard1

Yeah, Pulszer, some people are nuts. Yeah cum belongs in the arse or mouth. But there's also a thing called risk reduction. My diagnosis only goes back 25 years, but I reckon I got pozzed in 1980. Having achieved VL u/d on drugs, I reckon I'm pretty much uninfectious, which might be a turn off for bug chasers, but there you go. That said, it still gives me bad days, like nearly dropping my precious bike which I need to get to the nearest shop - pretty rural area here.

One reason I serosort: I believe the first infection to be the catastrophic one. Even with an u/d VL I don't want to be responsible for someone else's first infection - fuck knows how many I passed it to before I was diagnosed... Plus a guy who is sorted enough to have his VL checked on a regular basis is likely going to be realistic enough to recognise the risk he's running of other STDs and get checked for them too.

Don't expect everyone to be running on your brand of luck...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I love about this site is learning that people can have completely different points of view. This allows people who are here to explore and learn about their sexuality to choose what works for them, and possibly also choose guys to be with who are compatable with their points of view. I am open to hearing about different points of view, even though they may not be the same as mine.

Some of my friends think that I am pretty extreme just to bareback in the first place, and I respect their decision not to bareback. Then within the world of those who bareback, there is a wide range of thoughts and beliefs from extreme to conservative. Some will choose to bareback only with other poz guys, some neg guys will be comfortable being with undetectable guys, and some are ready to choose to become poz.

I have been on meds for the past 12 months and am "undetectable". I have found many guys I hook up, particularly from the local gym and pool, want it raw but are not "chasing" as such. They want the high of taking a poz load but by taking my load they know that their chances of getting knocked up are low. Best of both worlds for me - hot guys and raw sex with no pull-out!

I don't get very hung up on how people describe themselves, whether they say they are poz, neg, undetectable, etc. At the end of the day one thing that I think is consistent across the gay community is that there is a lot of bs. There are so many guys who are poz but lie about it not only in their profiles, but when they connect as well. There are guys who are poz, but claim to be negative just so that they can trick poz tops into thinking that they will be the one who 'charges' them up. I've got several very good, and solid fuck buds and for the most part we all know what we are dealing with when we fuck each other. However, when I'm traveling or I meet up with a trick that I've never met then I pretty much assume that any part of how they describe themselves can be complete bullshit. People lie about their age, their weight, their cock size,... even if they are top and bottom. It's thankfully a minority of people, but I group hiv status in the same category. Some guy who is in his 60s who is saying he's in his 40s and posting pics from the 80s probably is not going to be up front about a lot of things.

• 3 months later...

I've been speaking to a guy not to far away from me who has HIV but its undetctable. Im a bottom and like it raw even tho i've only been wit h one man before (i only like old guys). So im going to meet him in two weeks time to have a nice long session, i want him to BB me even tho i know theirs a small risk but i dont want him to cum inside me. I know it sounds alittle crule maybe but i think he'll still enjoy himself because he gets to go bare?

I dont mind if he cum in my mouth or if he pulls out and shots over me, just want to have fun and please him

Speaking as one of the neg guys. I very much like your post NiceHard1. I got a message on a hook up site from a very hot poz guy. But his status was "ask me". I should have realized what that meant at first but believe it or not I was rather oblivious to that. We got to talking and he seems like a really nice guy and we were talking about getting together. I then asked him his status and he told me was poz. I unfortunately turned him down because I don't want to become poz. But I felt bad because he was much more honest then the majority of the guys on the site. And he completely understood and did not take offense. And to give him more credit he even said he would use a condom. He was rather large though and I did not want to even think of the risk of it breaking.

The biggest dilemna I see with the "undetectable" is there are dishonest men out there who can use it as an excuse to get in a neg bottoms ass. Even if they aren't undetectable. It's not fair for those who are really undetectable though. You are also correct that at least those who are open about being poz are positive. Some out there who say are neg might bareback you and then a few weeks to a month later you realize you are now poz.

I'm still learning about all this. I am sorry though that you and other true undectables have to go through this dilemma. I am not a bug chaser I just want to try having raw cock in me and finding a trust worthy guy or two to do it with. But if I ever find a SIR or DOM for my own if we had a really good connection I don't think him being poz or undectable would be an isssue with me.

In some ways, I feel a bit sorry for the guys who want to have raw sex but don't want to seroconvert. It's the classic case of wanting to have one's cake and eat it too. :-) I think the statistic where I live is that 1 in 4 men are poz (some know it, many don't). So if you are taking random loads, every fourth one is charged. Even if you have a fuck buddy or bf, he might be pigging around. I didn't want to be poz but I got it. When I became undetectable I also began slutting. I am still surprised how some guys will pump me full of cum and then later ask about status. I just tell them that I get tested regularly for STDs. That usually ends the discussion. A poz buddy of mine tells guys that he doesn't know his status. It seems everybody is fine as long as they can live in denial. Crazy this world.

Although I am chasing, the real goal is to get fucked to get some man cum in my ass after a good hard pounding. The only thing that really counts is the man who is fucking me and that he is eager to do it raw and willing to give me his load, poz, undetectable or (supposedly) neg. I will poz eventually (if I am not) and i will continue to fuck and get fucked bare but with honesty to my partners.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only realized almost three years ago, that I was gay. Before that, I lived the life of a str8 man, being married thee times. I wasn't even sure, I could allow anyone to fuck my ass. Once I felt a man fucking me, I was hooked. The first guy to fuck me did so bareback. I loved it. My first b/f told me, he was poz, but undetectable, he reassured me, that even if he came in my ass it would probably be alright. So I went with that. The next poz man who was undetectable went further to explain to me, why it would not be a problem to fuck me bareback. Once I understood what he explained to me, I was o.k. with it. I think I can count on one hand the number of guys who've fucked me bareback. I enjoyed it, each and every time they do so. I never asked most of them, what their status was. I figured if it was important, they'd tell me. I smoke and have found it difficult to quit... My mother died of a massive heart attack. So I'm doomed that way. Or I might get lung cancer. So the odds are stacked against me, health wise. I'm 61, and have had a good and bad life to look back on, with plenty of mistakes, and plenty of missed opportunities. I don't expect to live beyond my 70's anyway. Even though my mother lived to be 85, even though she smoked at the tender age of 14. So genetically... I probably won't live too long. So... it doesn't matter to me at this point, if the man/men who fuck me are positive or not. Since I know what my other probable choices of dying might be. My preference is of course to be fucked by a man who is undetectable. And I'm decidedly hooked on being fucked sans condom. So in that regard, I DO appreciate the undetectable poz man. And will gladly take any cum he wants to pump into my body, as many times as he wants to own my ass. So for me... I won't ask anymore if they're poz or neg, just pump your cum into me, and wait for the next load.