Why Does Anal Sex Cause Constipation?

hungry_hole

I found an article about anal sex at http://www.gutsense.org/constipation/anal_sex.html. It's an interesting perspective. There's a video that one can watch. But here is some of the text:

Anal sex causes constipation for the exact same reasons that large stools cause it — the diameter of even a small erect penis is as large or larger than the maximum aperture of the anal canal. And if the penis is large and long, it also damages the rectum, which is quite small…

And lubrication isn‘t much of a help, because it isn‘t just the friction that does the carnage, but the pressure inside the anal canal that affects anal sphincters, enlarges internal hemorrhoids, tears apart the delicate lining, and damages or desensitizes the super-sensitive nerve endings of the anal plexus.

In turn, these factors cause pain during defecation and result in an incomplete emptying of the bowels. This, in turn, enlarges stools even more, and causes even more pain, and often bleeding. From this point on, these problems turn into a pain in the ‘ass,‘ literally…

There is really no good way to address this situation except to abstain from anal sex. However, if constipation is already your main concern, please visit this page to address this complication.

I find it difficult to dismiss all of this especially because at times I have trouble with my digestive system.

If the bottom is not cleaned out then the fucking is going to pack the shit back up the intestinal track and when it does come out its not pleasant. Way to avoid is to time your last meal before sex and to clean out good.

Guest Matias47

Seriously? You're quoting a guy who went to "medical university" in the Soviet Union? Got news for you, even in the Soviet Union they actually had names for their universities. The guy may have IT cred, but that doesn't treanslate to medical knowledge. This guy's views are just as stupid and misinformed as the Catholic Church's.

Try here instead:

http://www.21171069.com/en/HIVnotequalGay8.pdf

And here's a sample:

MYTH NO. 4: Anal Intercourse Leads to Fecal Incontinence

FACT: Forced, unwanted anal intercourse (e.g. rape) can lead to rectal injury and fecal incontinence; anal intercourse conducted with care and caution does not.

Anal intercourse has been widely assumed to be one of the major causes of fecal incontinence. And since it is commonly believed that gay men practice anal intercourse more frequently, they are also assumed to be at far greater risk for fecal incontinence than heterosexuals or homosexual women. But according to National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the National Institutes of Health (NIH, 2005), fecal incontinence affect all ages, and it is in fact more common in women than in men and more common in older adults than in younger ones.

Fecal incontinence affects a great number of women because during childbirth, damage to the anterior part of the anal sphincter often occur (Malouf, A. J.; Norton, C. S.; Engel, A. F.; Nicholls, R. J.; Kamm, M. A, 2000). The risk of injury is even greater if the doctor uses forceps to help deliver the baby or does an episiotomy (NIH, 2005). Fecal incontinence, apparently, is also highly prevalent among older people. Long-term habits of straining to pass stool, stroke, or diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis will bring about fecal incontinence for these individuals (NIH, 2005). Even though fecal incontinence affects so many women and elderly, it would be preposterous to assert that since the problem is so serious with these two populations, childbirth or old age must then be banned. It would be as absurd to ban anal intercourse, when in fact such sexual behavior does not even necessarily lead to fecal incontinence.

Research Studies on the Relationship Between Anal Intercourse and Fecal Incontinence

Two research studies conducted in 1993 and 1994 have been much touted as the definitive proof to the dangers of anal intercourse. Miles, Allen-Mersh, & Wastell (1993) reported in their study a 35% incidence of incontinence among gay males who practice anal intercourse. And Engel, Kamm, & Bartram (1995) also reported that seven of their study participants suffered internal and external sphincter disruptions (IES and EAS) and fecal incontinence as a result of peno-anal penetration. A more recent 1997 study, however, demonstrated no such linkage between anal intercourse with fecal incontinence. In Chun, Rose, Mitrani, Silvestre, & Wald’s (1997) study, the researchers found neither increased incidence of fecal incontinence nor anal sphincter disruptions in their study population (anoreceptive homosexual males), compared with controls (non-anoreceptive heterosexual males).

The wide discrepancy between these three studies can perhaps be most readily explained by a more detailed analysis of each respective study. Miles et al. (1993) classified incontinence as “of either solid stool, liquid stool, or flatus.”2 “Flatus” is a term that describes incontinence of gas without loss of stool contents, in other words “to fart.” The

prevalence of flatus among the participants is then “of questionable significance and would be difficult to characterize as pathological” (Chun et al., 1997). When one examines the Engel et al. (1995) study, and realizes that their seven patients had actually suffered sexual abuse recently or some time in their lives— through peno-anal penetration, one can more readily understand why these subjects also experienced fecal incontinence. Five of the research participants were women who experienced significant trauma, including perineal bruising, bleeding, and skin tears in the anal area. As for the other two subjects, they were adult males and had been sexually abused as children.

The Chun et al. (1997) study excluded any participant that had a history of “previous pelvic or anorectal surgery or trauma, active anorectal or gastrointestinal infections, and medications or systemic disorders that could affect anorectal tone or integrity.” In the end, when the variable of “anal intercourse” was well controlled, no increased incidence of fecal incontinence among gay males who practice anal intercourse could be found.

By comparing existing studies on anal sex and fecal incontinence, it is apparent that there is a significant difference between unwanted anal penetration and consented intercourse. When conducted with care and under protection— by heeding to pain signals and applying preventive measures (such as using sufficient water-based lubricant and condoms) to avoid anal sphincter disruptions— anal intercourse can be practiced safely (Morin, 1998). Anal intercourse does not necessarily lead to injury and will not unavoidably lead to fecal incontinence.

I've often heard about incontinence caused by anal sex, which as highlighted by the post above me in significant detail is a load of old rubbish, I've never heard of constipation caused by anal sex.

Either way, I've never noticed any effect on my bowels from taking plenty of cock, beyond the obvious that when I douche, I'm fast-tracking the bowels by a few hours, so won't need to use the loo for some time as it's all empty down there

If ever I've been a bit sloppy afterwards, it's because I like to use extra lube: extra cumloads would be better, but buggers can't always be choosers.

probably a good idea for some sort of clean out beforehand one way to prevent the fudge from being packed too tight

Guest ff-whole
Other than throwig the schedule off for a day or two, I rarely have had any problems after getting fucked. And the schedule if off due to the cleaning , not the cock..

Correct and when my turds are getting bigger - which is true... I only get free training of my hole. No constipation whatsoever...

• 3 weeks later...

While I have had the situation where I have taken something too big, too quickly and hurt myself, which made ging to the washroom painful, it did not cause incontinence.

When I am lucky enough to get fucked frequently, I have found rather that it makes me looser and actually more difficult to control my bowels.

Have never been constipated since I started getting fucked in my late teens, have noticed that as I take take larger cock/dildos quite the opposite. Plus with the extra room in there, the turds are bigger (wider actually) and the need for a plunger in the toilet has increased during those times I'm not douching regularly for a session, plugged it up several times now.