Total tops becoming poz?

whoai

I'm curious how many total and exclusive tops out there are poz? I know the risk is much lower, but it's not zero, right? I'm a total top (not because of the risk profile, it's just what I am) but I know I'm not 100% risk free. I'm curious to hear from other total tops (neg and poz) and what their thoughts on this subject are. Are you a (BB) top only because of the lower risk? Did you become poz from topping? Share your thoughts.

Bottoms/versatile can chime in too of course. :) Did becoming poz change you to be a bottom too?

I've actually been wondering this two. I know 3 tops who always fuck and breed boys but claim to never get fucked. But I have heard mention of wanting to get fucked every year or every other year or so. It seems like depending on who they pick and since they know how tops stealth and lie sometimes that they might be able to avoid it. But one slip up and going back to topping bottoms then it's possible I guess.

I just find tops wanting to bottom every rare blue moon interesting. I will admit, it's rare but I like to rim tops sometimes. It's rare that I find a top to do it with. But I almost wonder that if tops that like to get rimmed are more likely to bottom.

Ever since I became poz, I have been a top only. But before that I was a top-verse, I got poz'd by one of my relatively rare bottom sessions, though it might have been possible that I got it from topping, the fuck-flu timing seemed to indicate it was the guy who roughly topped me with his huge cock and only spit as lube.

Being neg, married to a woman and having a bit of a conscience, this question interests me greatly. I've never bottomed in my life and although I've probably gotten at least 20 blow jobs from dudes for every ass I've barebacked, over the years the numbers add up. To be honest, aside from very regular checkups, the only precaution I've taken is to not fuck guys that already have loads in them. But because I'm often ruled by the little head, I've done plenty of risky things (like fucking a young crackhead in a city park, etc). So I'm very keen to find out what the experience of other total tops has been wrt pozzing.

I'm interested in this as well as far as the risk for a top. I've fucked guys who claimed they were negative, though I'm well aware that some are probably lying (not accusing them, but I'm aware they exist). Haven't gone as far as fucking poz undetectable guys, but I'm interested in doing this potentially and crossing the border (consciously). Would be nice to have someone to take the plunge with me.

I know this is ultra technical, but it probably doesn't hurt to apply some statistical analyses to this. According to the CDC, the relative risk for a top getting infected by a bottom who is positive (this is an average- and assuming not poz undetectable- poz undetectable guys have significantly lower viral loads than those who are unmedicated) is 6.5/10000, for a one-time exposure. You can assume a binomial distribution model for this, where you can determine the probability of an event occurring after multiple events. In this case, it's getting infected, so let's assume a 1 time success rate (of getting infected) out of 1000 trials or exposures.

The formula for this requires some lengthy mathematics (simple for a guy who's familiar with factorials and whatnot- the formula's in Wikipedia), but we can simplify it to 1000*(6.5/10000)*(1-6.5/10000)^(1000-1). This comes down to roughly 0.339, or having a 34% probability of becoming HIV positive.

In simple English, if you fuck (as a top) 1000 times with HIV positive guys (assuming not on meds, as opposed to those on meds), you have a 34% chance. If you fuck 500 times, you have a 23.5% chance. 400 times- 20%. 300 times-16%. 200 times- 11%. 100 times- 6%. 10 times- 0.65%.

Now, I'm not saying that this is an accurate model, but I thought some number crunching would give somewhat of a picture.

Edited by youngguytop

I wouldn't call myself a total top; about 10 years or so ago I had a phase where I as getting fucked bare regularly and took many loads in my ass (many, MANY poz loads). I'm neg (just tested again in December) and for past 5 or so years have been an exclusive top with guys outside of my boyfriend. I had a fuckbud who was a total top - he was never fucked once in his life. he was my first Daddy and broke me in to being a good bottom . About a year into our play he converted and he thinks he either got it from fucking a poz guys with a lot of puz spunk in his ass or fisting a poz guy not on meds with a lot of poz spunk in his ass and some cuts (my daddy use to organize some small, hot fuck parties) on his hands. I fuck poz bottoms, but have not typically slid my dick into a cum filled ass. And as a guy who almost always tops (I can't recall the last time I got fucked - almost a year ago iI think) there are times when I just want to get on all 4s and take a big dick.

• Administrators
According to the CDC, the relative risk for a top getting infected by a bottom who is positive...

I'm pretty sure all that data was collected prior to the advent of ARVs. Ergo "poz" means "poz and not on meds" - and it's rare to fuck someone who's poz and not on meds anymore.

Thanks for that dude!

It's no problem. Maybe we should keep in touch and chat.

I'm pretty sure all that data was collected prior to the advent of ARVs. Ergo "poz" means "poz and not on meds" - and it's rare to fuck someone who's poz and not on meds anymore.

Yeah, generally speaking, I figured that calculating it based on poz and detectable would give the maximum probability as far as being infected (through fucking as a top) is concerned. There was an Australian study after the Swiss one in 2008 claiming that the probability was in fact higher, but I have reasons to be slightly skeptical owing to the small sample size (in terms of numbers of couples) as far as the statistics are concerned, because small sample sizes can greatly skew things, and also because there's a probability that the people who got infected were also fucking poz and detectable guys.

There are a lot of factors in play, if you are uncut your odds are higher to seroconvert from topping. I agree fucking a bottom full of who knows what loads is a higher risk as well. I would also point out that I have run into bottoms who claim to be negative and are on antivirals. they are in a study, and taking all loads. So good test data for effectiveness of this therapy, but too high a risk for me to feel comfortable fucking them.

There are a lot of factors in play, if you are uncut your odds are higher to seroconvert from topping. I agree fucking a bottom full of who knows what loads is a higher risk as well. I would also point out that I have run into bottoms who claim to be negative and are on antivirals. they are in a study, and taking all loads. So good test data for effectiveness of this therapy, but too high a risk for me to feel comfortable fucking them.

Which is true. The risks are lower if you're circumcised. If they're on antivirals and are neg (I've heard of this study- it's called PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis), the risk is much less for the bottom to get poz, but instead it comes from the tops fucking the bottom with all that cum (from who knows where) in their asses.