I'm thinking of starting a new bareback hookup site…

rawTOP

Which name do you like most for an inclusive, social bb hookup site?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like most for an inclusive, social bb hookup site?

• BBFuckClub / Bareback Fuck Club
    • BBBuds / Bareback Buds
    • BBFuckBuds / Bareback Fuck Buds
    • Some other name (mention below)
    • The hookup site idea is flawed - think again (discuss below)

• Administrators
@RawTop any thoughts on my suggestion that you utilize the brand awareness/brand power of Breeding Zone and call the site Breeding Zone Connect or BZ Connect (if you think that Breeding Zone limits your potential audience)?

IMO brand awareness of BreedingZone / RawTop is key to leverage when launching such a medium, especially at a time when folks are becoming less trusting about divulging their private information. Given your clear track record of being a responsible, user-oriented forum in which users can feel "safe" about discussing most private subjects, I would argue it is critically important to build upon your already established brand reputation when launching such a venture.

No, as mentioned branding it Breeding Zone would be detrimental.

Initially I'll brand it "Some Name by rawTOP" or "rawTOP's Some Name". I don't want the rawTOP branding to be too strong - but it needs to be there for the reason you mention.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, as mentioned branding it Breeding Zone would be detrimental.

Initially I'll brand it "Some Name by rawTOP" or "rawTOP's Some Name". I don't want the rawTOP branding to be too strong - but it needs to be there for the reason you mention.

I think that's a smart move. Just put a prominent link to the site from here and that should be sufficient.

• Administrators
I think that's a smart move. Just put a prominent link to the site from here and that should be sufficient.

Yeah, I'm thinking of having people say where they stand on the romantic -> raunchy scale and have certain things only show up depending on where they are on that scale.

I think it should be "Cumdumps" where guys who want it - or at least guys who you can give it to without getting into trouble are readily available.

A site listing cumdumps would be pretty awesome - like, they'd be required to accept any load offered and would be taken off the site if they refused to accept a Top's load... ;-) Sort of like the cumdump network except better smartphone access and updated more regularly...

It is probably the software engineer in me that votes to perhaps look at a different way to accomplish the goal v without re-inventing the wheel. And as with any feedback/thoughts please take what your like if of any value and leave the rest :)

From my perspective:

We are over run with sites...the majority of which have adequate to poor functionality. Then you have hand full of little sites that have good functionality but are un-utilized/under-utilized due to poor or non-existant marketing. (the code is still alive) Then of course we have the niche sites that cater to anything from bareback to twimks to big dicks. Most of them appear complacent and are largely resistant to enhancement requests or feedback.

SO....build from scratch (high risk/high capital), OR take one of the newer but domat systems as a starting point and add best of class** features then market the hell of it (moderate costs/huge project management) and third ... something in-between. Approach one of the larger sites with a proven robust and growing customer base and convince them to become THE best of class solution. (Low Risk/Low Captial)

NOTE: If there is a vendor involved they pay the costs and hopefully you for consulting.

**Any design, re-design should have a User Advisory Group that provides input into every single piece of code/functionality. WHO knows these systems better than those of us who spend our days or nights tapping and even grumbling to the shadow people about the pain of using a particular feature. Users are the ones that know the pains points. where there are too many steps or the flow is bad, or where the competing vendor has air tight functionality.

THE RESULT:

A single port/hub generalized to appeal to the widest gay male audience. The emphasis in this area is SOCIAL, informative, educational and site functions like profile maintenance of profile/settings. As a bonus there is also a Dating Service built in.

Form there you branch off into secured area's for each of the niches (bareback, fetish, Poz Players.

With some real arm-bending theoretically have the current vendors maintain the branches and the brand name

Ok - Realty Check - Maybe it IS cheaper to build after all .. but what a grand prize a gay.central would be

So those are my thoughts ..hope they helped and if not at least gave you folly for your day

• Administrators
The Ranch

Guys can check The Ranch

Ranches have Ranchhands

Ranches have cowboys, and cowboys bareback

Ranches host rodeos

Etc.

ranch.com, theranch.com, bbranch.com are all taken.

I do have an idea that's semi-ranch related that's my favorite right now. It might let me do tongue-n-cheek and get past Apple's rules for apps. The really good domain names are taken, but not developed and the domain owners aren't responding to requests to sell. The OK, but not great domain name is available.

• Administrators
We are over run with sites...the majority of which have adequate to poor functionality. Then you have hand full of little sites that have good functionality but are un-utilized/under-utilized due to poor or non-existant marketing. (the code is still alive) Then of course we have the niche sites that cater to anything from bareback to twimks to big dicks. Most of them appear complacent and are largely resistant to enhancement requests or feedback.

SO....build from scratch (high risk/high capital), OR take one of the newer but domat systems as a starting point and add best of class** features then market the hell of it (moderate costs/huge project management) and third ... something in-between. Approach one of the larger sites with a proven robust and growing customer base and convince them to become THE best of class solution. (Low Risk/Low Captial)

NOTE: If there is a vendor involved they pay the costs and hopefully you for consulting.

What are some of the sites you think are really good, but under-marketed?

The approach I'm planning on taking is to start with a straight-oriented dating software package and then modify it as needed so it suits what I need. I've found one that has most of what guys are looking for in a hookup site plus some stuff that isn't typically found on gay sites. That comes with full source code and is easily extensible - so it's a good starting place - much better than starting from scratch.

BUT the more I think about things the more I want to focus on a mobile app. I'm convinced that's where the future is. Anyone know of a decent, gay iPhone that's whithered on the vine because of bad marketing?

Manranch

Also code for semen

manranch.com has been registered since 2002 though it doesn't resolve when you try to pull it up.

How many sites are there around? Will another one be that popular? The real popular ones are bareback.com and barebackrt.com. Do you think you can compete? Soon Bareback Station will come too. Their facebook page has more than 16,000 followers.

How about making a hookup function on this site?