No Fuck Flu..

Smithy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok im very sorry for any insulting words towards other members on the board, how I worded things was wrong and I apologise. I came here for advice and I thank you all for the advice given. Maybe my story does come across as a bit weird and yes I should by now be tested. Just the fear I have at the moment of the result. Some days I think there is no way I have hiv and others I convince myself I have.

I was going to send this privately to everybody who fuels this guy's neuroses, but asked why should I put so much effort into dealing with those neuroses.

As far as I'm concerned this guy just crossed a line with his Clean/Dirty analogy and I'm walking away from the thread now, refusing to feed any more into his fears. I feel that we're beyond anything that we can do for him without having nice white coats. I say this with regret as HIV prevention has taken up a large part of my life, and by becoming a member of this site, I'm seen by a number of former colleagues as having "gone over to the other side", while what I want is simply good sex lives for everyone. I'm taking it upon myself to send this email to anyone who comments of Smithy's posts until we hear from him all disappointed that he doesn't have HIV after all...

The only other thing I'll add is that Smithy, you don't need us: you need an HIV test and a therapist. Your problem with HIV is beyond anything that can be done online: you need to be in a psychologist's office to deal with this. Do the test, book the appointment and sort out your mental health.

• Moderators

One point I think you need to hear, Smithy, is this. The test is not what will give you HIV. The test will only tell you what is already true. Putting off the test doesn't make you any less (or any more) infected; it just leaves you ignorant of your status.

The WORST CASE scenario is not, as you seem to believe, finding out that you have HIV; it is that you are HIV+ and delaying the possibility of treatment by not getting tested.