What is it with gay guys and drugs?

bigdick4you

Most of the guys I've played with who were tweeked had such a hard time focusing on playing, that it was almost a challenge just to keep their attention.

This is exactly why I will not fuck a bottom who is tweeked. They have the concentration of a fly. The sex session is about me. My cock. My orgasm. I dont mind if you play with your dick and/or youre having a good time but I am there to eat and fuck some ass and drop my load and tension. I dont need a sex mate who is bouncing around the room, talking about irrelevant things and, all in all, not paying attention to me or my needs. I will lose my hardon immediately. Total turn off. and I explicitly ask anyone I fuck if they do meth. I dont mind 420 or poppers, but meth is out if you wanna have sex with me

• 2 months later...

I have to agree, crystal is nasty. I made a huge mistake of trying it one evening with a partier. The very first hit is the best and makes sex intense. Then you spend the rest of your life chasing the high that you will never get. I am now working through recovery and I have an awsome sponsor who was a heavy user himself. It is a very hard drug to quit, if you have not started. DON'T do it. If you have and are addicted to the shit, and want off, I am here to talk. The more support you have, the better.

But, a lot of times drug use comes from other personal issues and with things like family rejection, issues at work, etc. gay men just have a lot more personal issues than straight folk.

IMHO it's not the issues themselves that automatically lead to a drug habit, for many it's not as straighforward as "I'm being bullied so I need to numb the pain". It's more the lack of self-worth which comes with it that makes one vulnerable. That wish to be part of a community. The idea that one doesn't have an intrinsic value as a person, instead forever judging oneself by how hot and fuckable one is and to which circles one belongs.

Amphetamines are frequently prescribed to treat various disorders legitimately. As I see it the problem lies in the inability of the user to intelligently control use of the drug.

Tina can be used to enhance sex for both the top & bottom in therapeutic doses. The dose level is below that which results in a rush, does not significantly interfere with an erection, nor interferes with the bottom concentrating on servicing his top. Because of the addictive nature of crystal it should only be used occasionally, 3 - 4 times a year. When someone is chasing the rush they are abusing the drug, are on a path of addiction and won’t perform well sexually. Attempting to mask one’s problems with chemicals is fruitless and often destructive.

I would caution anyone who has any habitual behaviors such as drinking, smoking, even caffeine, etc. to avoid tina. The key is self control. Too many of us don’t have enough it.

Not all guys who parTy are tweaked out bottoms who can't sit still to have a good hard fucking. The ones like that are usually addicts. There are others who use infrequently and are able to keep it from becoming anything more than a recreational drug used now and then. I am one of those and know of others and when we get together to fuck it is intense and fulfilling sex.

Sadly there are a lot of guys who are addicted and it has turned them into thieves, liars, and bad people. Who will sleep with anyone who will get them high and when they do sleep with that person it is the worst sex cause all they want to do is get it over with so they can get high.

You're making an awful lot of generalizations here, though maybe it just sounds that way because that's been the majority of what you've experienced? Hopefully you at least know that those things you listed definitely don't apply to all guys who like to party? I party myself, but it's a recreational thing in moderation, and have plenty of friends who do the same. As for where it comes from? Well, people have been doing drugs for as long as they've known they've existed, gay or straight, so it's hardly something new.

As usual I think German Fucker hit the nail on the head. There is a certain sense of belonging that comes with using drugs. Especially meth. Especially in the beginning. But it is very bad stuff. Someone mentioned a "therapeutic dose". Of meth? Seriously? It's poison. There is no therapeutic dose. I realize that Ampethamines have medical uses but that is not the same thing as Crystal Meth. Nothing good ever comes from using it. I've done it and done it to excess, so I am not judging anyone's decisions. Just adding my experience in the conversation. If you haven't used it don't. If you are using it now, quit. I've done most everything out there and I can say that this stuff is bad shit.

Agreed, plus drug addicts spend a lot more time having sex than sober people…

But, a lot of times drug use comes from other personal issues and with things like family rejection, issues at work, etc. gay men just have a lot more personal issues than straight folk.

Ehhh beyond stimulants, especially meth I dont know if addicts spend a lot more time having sex, otherwise I agree.

Heres the other thing, drugs have always been a part of the gay community. From 60's on, gay men did drugs, be it alcohol, cocaine, ludes, pcp, acid, etc. the thing about many of the drugs that were used then vs now is that they were somewhat self limiting. Obviously there were still addicts, but not in the way that people get addicted to meth today.

The major drug problem today in the gay community really starts and ends with one word. Methamphetamine. Its relatively cheap, last a long time, and unlike many other drugs, you can still function on it, at least initially. You feel great, have tons of energy, can fuck all night, and still work the next day, whats not to like!? However, its extremely addictive, very harmful to the body, and even the delivery methods all are terrible on the body. Smoking scars the lungs, snorting kills your nasal tissues, and injection risks all kinds of infections. Very quickly people also think they need it to cope with all kinds of stuff. "Im a bit tired today, use meth" "I feel fat, use meth and dont eat" "I dont like myself, use meth feel better" especially in the gay community Meth just seems like a quick answer to everyones problems, when in reality it will cause so many more than it fixes.

As usual I think German Fucker hit the nail on the head. There is a certain sense of belonging that comes with using drugs. Especially meth. Especially in the beginning. But it is very bad stuff. Someone mentioned a "therapeutic dose". Of meth? Seriously? It's poison. There is no therapeutic dose. I realize that Ampethamines have medical uses but that is not the same thing as Crystal Meth. Nothing good ever comes from using it. I've done it and done it to excess, so I am not judging anyone's decisions. Just adding my experience in the conversation. If you haven't used it don't. If you are using it now, quit. I've done most everything out there and I can say that this stuff is bad shit.

lots of drugs are poison, meth is no different. And yes, meth is used therapeutically, although its use is very rare, and other amphetamines are usually used today.

Yes, your doctor can actually prescribe you meth.

http://www.rxlist.com/desoxyn-drug.htm - this is meth

With that said, doctors can technically perscribe all kinds of what are illegal drugs on the street.

http://www.rxlist.com/ketalar-drug.htm - this is ketamine, which is also on the WHO essential drugs list.

Cocaine hydrocloride, or just cocaine is still used in some places.

http://www.rxlist.com/xyrem-drug.htm - this is GHB

mdma, aka Ecstasy, or molly is still sometimes used in deep psychotherapy, although this is illegal.

you get the idea.

Amphetamines are frequently prescribed to treat various disorders legitimately. As I see it the problem lies in the inability of the user to intelligently control use of the drug.

Tina can be used to enhance sex for both the top & bottom in therapeutic doses. The dose level is below that which results in a rush, does not significantly interfere with an erection, nor interferes with the bottom concentrating on servicing his top. Because of the addictive nature of crystal it should only be used occasionally, 3 - 4 times a year. When someone is chasing the rush they are abusing the drug, are on a path of addiction and won’t perform well sexually. Attempting to mask one’s problems with chemicals is fruitless and often destructive.

I would caution anyone who has any habitual behaviors such as drinking, smoking, even caffeine, etc. to avoid tina. The key is self control. Too many of us don’t have enough it.

In terms of body damage, there is a huge difference in what other amphetamines do to the body vs methamphetamine. This is why Methamphetamine is rarely used today even if it technically can be.

While other amphetamines still have a high potential for abuse, they dont have nearly the side effects of meth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall Probably the most commonly used mainstream amphetamine.

You are kidding yourself if you think Desoxyn is what you get when you buy Crystal meth today. There is a very big difference in pharmaceutical grade drugs and street drugs, including the ketamine, ecstasy, and coke. My best friend is a pharmacist. I know what I am talking about. One of the dangers of street drugs is that you don't actually know what you are getting. One thing I do know alot about is drugs. And not from hearsay. Or from reading. I've experienced it. On all levels. Sure, many had their roots in medicine, but once outlawed, are no longer manufactured but are loosely replicated in sometimes crude labs. Meth is poison.

lots of drugs are poison, meth is no different. And yes, meth is used therapeutically, although its use is very rare, and other amphetamines are usually used today.

Yes, your doctor can actually prescribe you meth.

http://www.rxlist.com/desoxyn-drug.htm - this is meth

With that said, doctors can technically perscribe all kinds of what are illegal drugs on the street.

http://www.rxlist.com/ketalar-drug.htm - this is ketamine, which is also on the WHO essential drugs list.

Cocaine hydrocloride, or just cocaine is still used in some places.

http://www.rxlist.com/xyrem-drug.htm - this is GHB

mdma, aka Ecstasy, or molly is still sometimes used in deep psychotherapy, although this is illegal.

you get the idea.

Guest baddaddy

Don't do drugs myself and frankly don't like being around people who do. That said, though, I think we would be a lot better off as a society treating drug abuse as a medical issue instead of a criminal one.

You are kidding yourself if you think Desoxyn is what you get when you buy Crystal meth today. There is a very big difference in pharmaceutical grade drugs and street drugs, including the ketamine, ecstasy, and coke. My best friend is a pharmacist. I know what I am talking about. One of the dangers of street drugs is that you don't actually know what you are getting. One thing I do know alot about is drugs. And not from hearsay. Or from reading. I've experienced it. On all levels. Sure, many had their roots in medicine, but once outlawed, are no longer manufactured but are loosely replicated in sometimes crude labs. Meth is poison.

Ohh well if thats how that came across then my bad. lol. And I completely agree about quality. The one exception to that is ketamine, because ketamine is so common that it is generally just baked, crystallized, then packaged. When doing HIV counselling years ago we also did work with substance abuse. Like you I also have friends all thoughtout the medical fields from surgeons, to pharmacists, to nurse anesthetists. I also have my own experience that I will not discuss here. As far as my comment on poison, I stand by my statement. Using even poor quality meth once or twice is unlikely to cause permanent harm, its the ongoing addiction, and use that causes issues. Don't get me wrong here, I am completely against meth because of what it does to people. However, simply saying meth is poison, drastically oversimplifies the drug and situation IMO.

Just to be clear, methamphetamine hydrochloride is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration under the trade name Desoxyn, is a neurotoxin and potent psychostimulant that is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obesity.

No argument from me that those who chase the high / rush significantly degrade their performance abilities or that the street versions of the drug are impure. The point I make is the drug can be used sensibly (read: low dose) to enhance sex.