Trusting a guy from bbrt?

Guest kazore

Meth goes hand in hand with HIV, you can't have one without the other.
I sure hope you mean that guys using meth are much more likely to catch HIV.

The way you phrased it sound more like "All Pozzies are Meth Heads." I'd take great offence to a blanket statement like that. We get way too many "All Pozzies (fill in the bad attribute).

Guest NxNW

The statement that you can't have HIV without meth is utterly ridiculous. Not everyone who is poz is a methhead.

Edited by NxNW

Don't fuck bb with random guys if you are not ready to get pozzed. It's like running every red light and hoping you won't get hit by a car or caught by the police.

Re meth, stay away from the meth heads. I do and I still have amazing bb sex!

I sure hope you mean that guys using meth are much more likely to catch HIV.

The way you phrased it sound more like "All Pozzies are Meth Heads." I'd take great offence to a blanket statement like that. We get way too many "All Pozzies (fill in the bad attribute).

My mistake. That's what I meant. If you do meth you have HIV, plain and simple.

My mistake. That's what I meant. If you do meth you have HIV, plain and simple.
that is not true either. yes a high percentage of meth users engage in risky behavior that they become hiv+ from but that is not every single meth user as you seem to imply.

Guest kazore
The pre hookup questions should be more like "when was your last test?" 'How often do you test??" "how many bb encounters where you were the bottom in the last xxx weeks? (use your own timeframe judgement depending on last test answer)". As you can see, this is considerably more in depth than "are you neg?". Party and play guys increase your risk regardless of their answers.

Beyond this, your safer hookups will be with guys (consistently) on PrEP or poz undetectable guys. Hardly any risk difference one to another. You don't show your location but if in USA little reason you should not be on PrEP yourself.

yes i'm in the US. I'm thinking about PrEP but I don't have sex very often.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Frequency should be less an issue... If you want your sex to be bare PrEP is a good idea. Else, serosort to undetectible poz guys.

They do have OraQuick don't they?!? It might suck having to pay for those tests, but you or a partner could take it in the privacy of your or your host's home and have results within twenty minutes.

I suppose with the OraQuick test available in the USA, that strategy is now a realistic possibility in your country. Bought in groups of 3 they’re about $25 per test, making it $50 per evening of fun. I very much doubt many will adopt that approach for for a phone app or online hook-up.

And what do you do during the 20 minutes while fretting and waiting for the results? Neck maybe, but not let it get hot enough to loose track of time, or move on to the main event, before the test results are in. Defiantly set an alarm so the results don't unchecked in time.

For a ASAP connection, I would truly fear for the mental, and physical heath of the guy who discovered his Poz status in that situation. The other guy would probably kick him to the curb, or run out the door if the newly discovered Pozzie was the host. And based on my personal experience when I have revealed my status, there would be some pretty nasty assertions made about his moral character. There is the possibility of the Neg guy turning violent. While the kits include a 1-800 number to call for post test counselling, would the man who ejected the newly discovered Poz guy even give him that info? The mindset would be totally different than an individual having chosen to test privately in his own home. Someone taking his own life, could be a possible outcome for in home testing with all tricks.

• Upvote 1

Guest JizzDumpWI

True, there is the potential surprise element. Regardless though, Oraquick tests only test HIV status as of three months ago. For the same money, your local STI clinic can give full STI panel, and counsel you or treat should any result be poz.

That is kind of the point of sex with random strangers, especially bareback sex with random strangers. It is an intimate act with someone whose name you may not even know. It seems rather strange to expect to get a knight in shining armor who starts a conversation with, "wanna fuck" or "your ass would feel good on my cock."

If you want real intimacy, both bareback sex and honesty, there is this thing called dating. But if you crave bareback sex with random strangers, you may want to reconsider the notion that their debt for your ass is more than their load. Which is to say, your best protection is yourself, not dependence on the kindness of strangers.

• 3 months later...

Don't trust anyone - you have to assume everyone you meet is positive. They may not even know they are until "later" and unless they're a regular with you, may not be able or willing to tell you.

That's how I got infected - I'd always asked if they were neg. Then was told after I got my results back by a semi regular that he was. At this point I don't know if he infected me or the other way around.

I have to agree with mostly everyone here.  People that say they are neg are probably the most dangerous of all.  I just got a quick test from a clinic in late July and they were quick to point out, that I am only neg 4 months prior.  The complete blood panel can only tell 2 weeks prior.  So the all the tests mean is they were neg to that date, not today.

I just assume everyone is poz, makes everything simple.  

As for Meth, just google some pics of what it does to you.  So many beautiful faces ruined because it.

• Upvote 1

in reality it is best to follow the words from X-Files "Trust no one, Mr. Molder",  just because a guy said he tested neg last week means he did or he even tested last week.  It is best to assume everyone you hook up with is poz until you are 100% certain they are neg.  There are risks everyday in everything we do, we just accept them and go on, as a bottom I assume the greatest share of risk from barebacking, I know this, I accept this and go on with my day

• Upvote 1