What Do You Think Of The New Version Of Breeding Zone?

rawTOP

Opinion of new version of Breeding Zone  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new version of Breeding Zone?

My biggest complaint is the very light grey background of the posts. It honestly hurts my eyes and I wish there was an option to change it to the "white text on a black background" the old site had. I know about the issues with the older browsers, so I want to point out I'm using Chrome version 37.0.2062.94. The site LOOKS good, it's just too dang bright! Honestly I'd change my vote to "Better" if I could leave the site without a headache.

Another minor issue I have is that I miss the popup that would happen when you would hover over a poster's name on the old site and you'd have the option of going to their profile, other posts, etc. I haven't found a way to replicate that yet without going to their profile. 

Finally, for what I dislike, I have to second this quote, though I know you've already responded to it.

I much prefer the old activity news feed where one was able to view the post, instead of having to view the thread and then click on the last post. I find my self not checking in on breeding zone as much now because it takes more time to view new posts

That said, I do really like a lot of the changes.  The new activity feed is awesome, and I'm sure once I learn to filter only certain forums it'll be even better. I like the ability to customize the header picture (although on of the options kinda shocked me...  LOL), and the sidebar info on the main site is helpful.  The layout I'm neutral about, but I will say that it doesn't seem as efficient, space wise, as the old site.  I can imagine the site being a pain to use on a smaller monitor. 

I will no longer respond unless you state your platform and browser.

IPhone 5s , safari

Also using forum runner which just doesn't work at all now. I can see topics but not actually load any pages.

On then mobile version of the site I can get around ok, so I suppose navigation isn't a problem, but I can't find any of the threads I used to look at. How do I find threads I subscribe to that have been updated and how do I see what's new or has been recently posted?

Unlike some I like the grey with black text. It looks sleek, but then I'm not accessing the site in a dark room hehe

• Administrators

I don't like it. It's interface isn't easy on the eyes and seems like its more suited for mobiles, to be honest. I had to refresh the page because I thought I may have entered the mobile version by mistake! It's too.....digitally civilized! I much preferred the previous version.

Sounds like you're on a device with a small screen. Since you didn't state what OS and browser you're running I can't help you.

I miss the old designations too, the Whore, Slut etc.  The dots aren't fun, but that's just my opinion, I used to be a Slut now I am 4 dots.

I see "Slut" right above your avatar.

• Administrators

I'm finding it very hard to navigate.

I can't find the threads I subscribe to on the mobile version and it doesn't work properly with forum runner any more (which was my preferred method of interaction, I can log in but every thread comes up as page does not exist).

I hope I get used to it but I'm finding it very hard to find the stuff I was looking at before :(

IPhone 5s , safari

Also using forum runner which just doesn't work at all now. I can see topics but not actually load any pages.

On then mobile version of the site I can get around ok, so I suppose navigation isn't a problem, but I can't find any of the threads I used to look at. How do I find threads I subscribe to that have been updated and how do I see what's new or has been recently posted?

Unlike some I like the grey with black text. It looks sleek, but then I'm not accessing the site in a dark room hehe

Navigation on mobile: In case you don't know… clicking on the three, stacked, horizontal lines to the right of the logo (called a hamburger) will give you a nav bar. You see this on a lot of mobile optimized sites.

And don't forget about the little new content icon in the upper left corner - it's the second icon that looks like a cartoon bubble with a … in it.

Keep bugging me about the subscribed threads thing. I'll look into it - just no time today.

I'll revisit ForumRunner in a week or two. It's low priority, but I would like to get it working. It momentarily crashed the site when I tried to install it. I'm a little afraid of it ;)

I think the dots relate to the total number of posts??

I think it was just a line , and then realized the more POST you have, the more dots you get.    Most people never figured out how profiles were classified/listed as 5-star=WHORE, 4-STAR=SLUT, 3-star=Sex-Addict down to Virgin for those who were not active on the site.

Navigation on mobile: In case you don't know… clicking on the three, stacked, horizontal lines to the right of the logo (called a hamburger) will give you a nav bar. You see this on a lot of mobile optimized sites.And don't forget about the little new content icon in the upper left corner - it's the second icon that looks like a cartoon bubble with a … in it.Keep bugging me about the subscribed threads thing. I'll look into it - just no time today.I'll revisit ForumRunner in a week or two. It's low priority, but I would like to get it working. It momentarily crashed the site when I tried to install it. I'm a little afraid of it ;)

This design is much less user-friendly.

Everything takes up way too much space.

The pages are way too busy.

Visted links don't exist any more, so it's far more difficult to tell at a glance what's already been viewed.

I can't edit a previous post, so here are some more observations on the design.

When scrolling on a page, the header scrolls off, then as soon as it's off screen it POPS back on screen shoving everything down again.

On profiles, all of the menu items on the left are 'greyed out' (light-grey text on a lighter background).  I assumed this meant, as it usually does, that those are inactive links (that's what greyed out means), or at least that there's no content behind them.  When I clicked on a few, I discovered I was wrong.

• Upvote 1

In general I have the same feeling about web site changes. But I must admit that after spending some time on the new site every day since the conversion I now really like it. Most of the same features of the old site are here as well, you just need to roam a bit. And I now find it easy to navigate as well.

In general I have the same feeling about web site changes. But I must admit that after spending some time on the new site every day since the conversion I now really like it. Most of the same features of the old site are here as well, you just need to roam a bit. And I now find it easy to navigate as well.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Again, if you don't state your OS and web browser there is NOTHING I can say in response.

I'm locking the thread. Very little new or helpful is being said. The site is what it is, we're moving forward with it.