Uncommon Or Complicated Health Issues You Or Close Ones Have Experienced.

wood

Just as the topic states.  I'm trying to get beyond the normal, "oh you have chlamydia, and gonorrhea" stuff to see what other people have experienced.  

I will start.  I have a friend who had to have some precancerous cells lasered off in in ass.  He found it out about 6 months after he tested HIV+ at 27.  The doctor says it could have been the HIV, or just normal sex that brought it on.  Hence why I now get routine anal pap smears.

What else you guys got.     

guess this only partly fits in here... Been on ARVs for 25 years - I fell out of the side effect tree and am still hitting branches on the way down. Strangely, even though the ARVs have had a couple of goes at killing me, throughout it all, since I took my first protease inhibitor I've had numbers ranging from the merely good to the excellent. The one exception was when my partner died: I didn't feel able to maintain proper adherence so I took a drug holiday and discovered that without the ARVs I was losing 70CD4 cells a month. Last little surprise was confirmation of osteopenia (result of tenofovir).

• 2 months later...

Just as the topic states.  I'm trying to get beyond the normal, "oh you have chlamydia, and gonorrhea" stuff to see what other people have experienced.  

I will start.  I have a friend who had to have some precancerous cells lasered off in in ass.  He found it out about 6 months after he tested HIV+ at 27.  The doctor says it could have been the HIV, or just normal sex that brought it on.  Hence why I now get routine anal pap smears.

What else you guys got.     

I've been diagnosed with AIDS related cancer.  It's been surgically removed and I have to go to an oncologist.  And my HIV is completely in check and undetectable, so this is pretty rare.  My doc is concerned because it's such a strange occurance.