How Happy Are You?

rawTOP

How Happy Are You? (scale of 1 to 6)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How Happy Are You? (scale of 1 to 6)

• 6 - Extremely happy
    • 5 - Very Happy
    • 4 - Happy
    • 3 - Not so happy
    • 2 - Sorta depressed
    • 1 - Very depressed

• Administrators

Just curious - how happy would you say you are? Answer the poll for how happy you are now. But put comments about how you see the future. If you're not feeling so great about things, is it the economy?

I know in my case I hate where I live right now, but that'll change in a year, so I'm just ignoring it and focusing on the future, but every now and then it gets to me. But overall things are fine...

I guess the other question is how does your happiness affect your sexual activity? Do you get depressed and just want to be used (take loads, be treated like a piece of meat) 'cause it fits with your mood? Do you get depressed, crave human contact, and have sex just hoping the guy will be nice and cuddle or be affectionate? I know some of the guys I fuck REALLY respond to me being affectionate and I wonder whether that was what they were really looking for. The fact that they had to let me treat them like a piece of meat and cum in their ass to "earn" my affection probably isn't all that healthy for them psychologically.

Or is it the other way around - does your sexual activity affect your happiness? I know when I fuck 2-3 times a week I feel good about my life. It's satisfying. When I'm not seeding hole I get frustrated and irritable.

I lost my job earlier this month, but I'm getting unemployment so I'm actually not in too much of a hurry to find something new. It's been a while since I've had an extended period of time off and I've never been on unemployment in my life before so I figure I'm entitled.

And yes, I now do have quite a bit more time to fuck around. So that's definitely cool.

As for mood affecting sexual activity, one thing that I have noticed is that, while my profiles say I'm versatile, I usually going through phases ranging from total top to true versatile (rarely) to total bottom. Yesterday was all about collecting loads in my ass and I didn't top anyone at all (although I did have a few guys working on sucking it for a bit). The week and weekend before, I was all about topping. Out of about ten days, I only had one cock fucking me, and that was just briefly (and no load).

I've never thought to see if these cycles were really tied to anything. I may try and pay closer attention.

• 5 years later...

I guess the other question is how does your happiness affect your sexual activity? Do you get depressed and just want to be used (take loads, be treated like a piece of meat) 'cause it fits with your mood? Do you get depressed, crave human contact, and have sex just hoping the guy will be nice and cuddle or be affectionate? I know some of the guys I fuck REALLY respond to me being affectionate and I wonder whether that was what they were really looking for. The fact that they had to let me treat them like a piece of meat and cum in their ass to "earn" my affection probably isn't all that healthy for them psychologically.

Or is it the other way around - does your sexual activity affect your happiness? I know when I fuck 2-3 times a week I feel good about my life. It's satisfying. When I'm not seeding hole I get frustrated and irritable.

Cool questions!

As a pretty much total bottom, I do not equate "depression" and "just want[ing] to be used."  I know there are some who think of bottoming as "just...being used" (not saying you are saying this), but it isn't true for me. No matter how you do it, unless it's nonconsensual rape, permission is being granted and an exchange is taking place. I do not think that what tops and bottoms get out of the exchange is all that different, just expressed and acquired differently.

Call a bottom all the names one wants, "meat" or any number of 'degrading' names, but the person using the names obviously places a value on that type of bottom... enough to pursue and invest himself in that person. The reverse is true as well, I think.  To me the end result is an expression of mutual desire and the connection that comes because of that. 

I think of one regular fb in particular who I've had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "I love you" to him lol (probably should just say it, but I don't want to risk ruining it). I've never seen this guy, just peripheral vision stuff, he always gets me face down and anonymous, but I love the way he makes me feel. Sex has always been on his terms (only when he wants it), which is kinda hurtful, but there is plenty of positive in the experience to keep both of us wanting continuity. That is a mutual expression of value. I think there is something hot about the unbridled passion that is expressed in "just being used," but I also think that what is happening is the opposite of "using." Both parties are obviously getting something out of the exchange. 

One of the things I love about my sexuality is the different perspective it lends. Initially, it was a forced perspective that I fought, but when I accepted myself, I found I can look and be open and honest about how I feel. I like who I am, and so do lots of others, I'm not ashamed or depressed about it.  I consider myself pretty rich and am consistently damned happy. Even finding out I'm poz didn't change that.

At the moment, I'm really sort of neutral.  Things trade off.  I hate my job but I'm addicted to eating on a regular basis and living inside.  As for the sex thing, I've been depressed for the past month until a guy that answered an ad I ran on C/L a while back texted me wanting a B/J.  I was beside myself at the concept of getting a cock in my mouth for the first time in about 3 weeks and, even more, the idea of getting to swallow cum. 

I really need to get out more.  I find that the less cum I get, the more depressed I get.  Who knew that cum prevents depression?

I think happiness and sadness are just moments, I try that happiness is long when it come, and sadness go very fast, I live in the third world and life is so hard here, sometimes there is job and others no, but I have a family who loves me a lot, to have them for me is everything ¡ :D

I answered that I'm "Very Happy".  I love living in SF, I have a good job, and my health is great. I have a small group of regular FBs so I get fucked and seeded more than enough.  For me, once I accepted my Poz status and started living a healthy lifestyle, my outlook on life changed for the better.