Weird Experience

breederboy

I was chatting with a guy on grindr he seemed pretty close to me like 4 miles, seemed cool and was a sexy looking guy. But then he started to ask to meet at a gas station and chill for a minute & then wanted to go on to his place. Usually I am all about meeting someone for a hot hookup, but this guy got REALLY persistent. Like he would just press and press and practically beg me to meet. He was like, "let's meet just to say hi" and be like "it's your call" and then was like "have you left yet"? I mean I am all about the spontaneous hookup but I just kind of got a weird feeling he seemed SO pressing & insistent, my gut just told me to not meet him. He got kind of pissed off he was like "I need to meet a guy I don't have to beg" and I felt bad and I was ready to meet him but he just came off as way too pushy which I never did like, so I just couldn't bring myself to meet him. I feel a little guilty over it even though I probably shouldn't. But isn't it best to go with your gut? Maybe he was harmless, but just felt like he was way too pushy about wanting to meet right then. 

Usually I like it to be more of a mutual give and take, I never did like when a guy seems obsessively wanting to meet, I even told the guy that we could meet in a day or two but he kept on saying "are you at the gas station yet" and whatnot. That came off a little creepy to me.

Go with your gut. If you feel something is off, it tends to be. If you do decide to meet him, let it be public (coffee or something).

this is probably the best advice you could get.   but also, for many of us, we have had a lot of no shows....guys who talk big but never follow through.  you guy may have just been frustrated that he was unable to meet someone who would follow through with all the "hot" chat.   at risk of being thought of as a slut (well perhaps I am!!) last weekend i chatted/e-mailed with 10 different guys who either contacted me first or I reached out to.   Six of them agreed to meet.....and I agreed to host.  Only three showed up.  One of the other three did text later to say he changed his mind...but the other two just never showed up.  I find that is about typical......probably jerked off as we chatted and were "done".   you guy may have been running into a lot of those guys...and knew that if he could get to meet you, that you would likely wanna fuck.

• Upvote 2

Grindr is weird. This guy last night was just constantly asking to meet and it came off as pushy. I felt a little bad for not meeting but I just had to go with my gut it felt weird. Now I'm having the opposite problem lots of guys hit me up and will chat but either a) don't like my being positive B) they chat for a little then just disappear or quit chatting.

I chatted with a hot guy today and agreed to meet him, and he even called me like 10 minutes before, and when I got there and knocked on the door 5 times no answer. I felt like a fool. Par for the course I guess. I don't get game playing.

• Upvote 2

Even if the guy was legit (I don't think he was), pushiness always makes me question a guy. Snaketat may be right in the opinion that he may have had a lot of guys flake on him, but maybe his demeanor is the reason SOME have flaked. I've had more guys flake than an itchy scalp, but that doesn't make me pushy. I always go with my gut. I'd rather be safe than sorry. i think you made the right call. I'm with you on the game playing. Fucking hate mind games. Either you're in or you're not. Don't waste my time when you know you have no intentions of meeting.

Yea, it's such a fine line lol. I like a guy to seem interested in me, I actually hate it when you chat with a guy who seems cool but he can't hold a conversation or beats around the bush, but I also by the same token don't like when a guy starts really pushing me. The guy last night was nice and didn't seem to be a tweaker but I could be wrong, but he just kept saying "what time will you be there" or stuff like that. I actually drove part of the way to meet him, but his constant pushy texts made me bail. He got a little pissy about it but I just had to go with my gut. He just seemed to hellbent on meeting even if just for a few minutes for some reason. That kind of made me suspicious. I think I made right call. If he ever messages me again, I'll have to let him know that if he wants to meet during the day when I feel more comfortable that's cool, on mutual terms.

The guy today was a lot cooler, or seemed like it, but he called me like 5 minutes before I was to meet him, and asked me to get him a phone charger & lube. That was weird. And then I showed up at his door and he didn't answer. He claimed he was away running errands but I'm not sure. 

Where are the normal cool guys who just want to have fun?

I had to go to this guy's hotel today I was horny & have a huge load I was going to give him but he didn't even answer the door. Lame.

Yea, it's such a fine line lol. I like a guy to seem interested in me, I actually hate it when you chat with a guy who seems cool but he can't hold a conversation or beats around the bush, but I also by the same token don't like when a guy starts really pushing me. The guy last night was nice and didn't seem to be a tweaker but I could be wrong, but he just kept saying "what time will you be there" or stuff like that. I actually drove part of the way to meet him, but his constant pushy texts made me bail. He got a little pissy about it but I just had to go with my gut. He just seemed to hellbent on meeting even if just for a few minutes for some reason. That kind of made me suspicious. I think I made right call. If he ever messages me again, I'll have to let him know that if he wants to meet during the day when I feel more comfortable that's cool, on mutual terms.

The guy today was a lot cooler, or seemed like it, but he called me like 5 minutes before I was to meet him, and asked me to get him a phone charger & lube. That was weird. And then I showed up at his door and he didn't answer. He claimed he was away running errands but I'm not sure. 

I had to go to this guy's hotel today I was horny & have a huge load I was going to give him but he didn't even answer the door. Lame.

Wow lame sauce!! sorry your having such troubles! 

I hate when people play this game.  One time I went to a guys place, and as I was walking up the street to his house I saw him walk out the front door and walk in the opposite direction.  Wasn't sure it was him at first since it was an apartment building, but the no answer said all it needed to.

Ridiculous 

I connected with a guy and agreed to meet. I was driving to his place, told him I was on my way. H3 texted me no less than 5 times in the 30 mins it took to get there. I almost turned around, but went through with it anyway. It didn't get any better when I got to his place in a downtown business district. He wouldn't give me the address but insisted on giving me landmarks to look for...in the dark...finally got to his tiny apartment. He started in with the conditions: no bb, don't do this don't do that, total boner kill. I told him up front I only did bb if he wanted me to top. The whole scene was a fail. I left pissed off.

He had the nerve to hit me up again a few weeks later when I was on line. I sent him "LOL no fucking way" he was all butt hurt. I'm like whatever.

I don't know what has happened in the last 10 years but the hookup scene has gotten so bizzare. I don't even try any more.

I have been chatting to a guy on Planetromeo for a while. Finally we decided to hook up. He lives 45 minutes away by train. The day before we planned to meet he messaged me that he was fucking this guy. He was on/off online for about 5 hours telling me he was still going at it.

The next morning he said our date for that night wasn't going to work out......Either he was so spent after his marathon session he thought he could not perform again a day later or he is just another flake.

GUT 101-- everyone knows to listen to it , and we always try to  push the instinct away  to satisfy an immediate want or craving- Fuck me, I have done it too many times myself- picked a guy up in a park and took him home( even tho his car was right there- fucker ended up trying to  beat me up or kill me- managed to escape by rolling down the stairs from the bedroom loft  and ran out the door naked yelling for help. Had a guy cruise me on the gay beach- obnoxious and fucked up-  ignored/ got rid of him, but next  time I came to Ft Lauderdale I didn't make the association(until  much later) and ended up playing, then  being his "slave" and again-the gut was correct on the 1st impression- the guy turned into a psychotic, stoner  with bi polar issues. I would love to say I  have learned from experiences past--but I think we all try to compromise and bargain with  our inner feelings-- for the moment-- but men, if it is not sitting well in your inner being--there IS a reason for it and really , we ALL need to start tuning in to that little voice more. And , they more insistent and pushy the guy becomes-- the higher those red flags should be popping up- my read is he is either fucked up, or wants to fuck YOU  up