Discuss Site Upgrade Here

rawTOP

• Administrators

FYI – the new software is allowing me to get a much better handle on bad email addresses. I've now got things set up so if you close your email address and there's a "hard bounce" then you'll be set to "validating" status and what you can do here is limited. And if you're on one of the major email hosts that lets senders know if an email was marked as spam or otherwise blocked by the user – and you mark our email as spam we'll stop sending all email to you (even the ones you want). And if you have too many "soft bounces" over a short period (e.g. your mailbox is full), then that will also set you to validating status, though you'll be warned before it happens.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I've got a proper email solution. Email bounces have been a major problem for me in the past.

• Enjoying the upgrade and discovering its features and improvements.  But, i'm not seeing the flags in the forums indicating "hot"  discussions.  Am I missing the flags, are they to come later, or is there new feature/function that replaces them?     

• Administrators
Just now, hurri said:
  • Enjoying the upgrade and discovering its features and improvements.  But, i'm not seeing the flags in the forums indicating "hot"  discussions.  Am I missing the flags, are they to come later, or is there new feature/function that replaces them?     

Honestly, I don't know. That might be based on data that needs to build up over time.

22 minutes ago, WestCoastBottom said:

Although I see when I sign up through my twitter account, the site no longer automatically populates my profile picture.

Go to your Twitter page. Click on your avatar, and then copy the URL of the large version. Then go to your profile here and click the edit button on your BZ avatar and it will give you the option to pull from a URL. Use the Twitter URL and now it's here. 

Oddly the same thing doesn't work for the profile banners. You have to save to disk and then upload. 

how about the new topics posted, ie in the past one week, two weeks from the old version of the site? was looking for the icon here but I didnt find it. instead of going thru all the forum pages.

another one is/are the followers or 'friends', it didn't carried over to the new version.

Edited by SIReast
changes on the new version.

Still not able to access some photos in forums that I used to be able to see, eg

https://breeding.zone/topic/18658-the-aidsbone-worship-thread/?page=10

The first post on page 10 has a photo of a hot, cocky-looking fucker in revealing grey shorts. Every time I click on the photo to see it in full (the thumbnail crops off the lower half of his impressive torso) I'm taken to a page that says I don't have permission to view this content.

• Administrators

First off, if the site just went haywire on you. Sorry about that. A reload of the page should fix it. I implemented having some of the static files served via a CDN and got the settings off for a bit and it took a while to change things. For those who aren't technical, CDNs put static content on servers around the world so the site should load a bit faster if you're somewhere like Asia or even Europe. For some of the content on the page you'll be hitting a server that's closer to you geographically.

8 hours ago, SIReast said:

how about the new topics posted, ie in the past one week, two weeks from the old version of the site? was looking for the icon here but I didnt find it. instead of going thru all the forum pages.

another one is/are the followers or 'friends', it didn't carried over to the new version.

This is under advanced search. Click on the search box, and a pop up menu will appear next to it. Choose Advanced Search at the bottom and you'll see all the time periods you're looking for. If that's not the same as what you're looking for, let me know.

There are no more "friends". Sorry. Now there's just followers. If you look up in the thread I explain why the change was made.

6 hours ago, punaman said:

is there a way of hiding pictures from the gallery on the right of the screen if we don't like certain ones?

I know what you mean – lol. I'm still experimenting with what I put in the sidebar. But I'll keep that in mind. Or maybe just put one or two pics so they're not so dominant.

5 hours ago, punaman said:

...and another thing, can you get rid of "private chat?"  the privateers taking up all the space and don't see anything posted.  This isn't Gay.com, everything should be out in the open here.  Thanks

I didn't even notice that private chat was an option. Actually I like private chat – it means less in the messaging system taking space in the database (deleting message threads is overly complicated now). Bottom line, I don't mind private chats, so they stay. They serve a purpose and don't stop other people from doing public chats. Other webmasters are pushing Invision Power (the makers of IP.Board) to add chat rooms to the chat application. That will help a lot and address the issue you're talking about – which is really a perception issue. Who knows when chat rooms will happen, but AFAIK it's in the works and people are saying it's overdue. So we'll see…

2 hours ago, sheerturbo said:

I like the new look, but when I try to read some stories the borders load but the text doesn't or seems to ghost like in the background and is unreadable

I'm guessing the original poster colored the text and it's now incompatible with the new interface. When you see something like that click on "Report Post" just above the post itself and let the moderators know there's a problem and one of them will fix it.

1 hour ago, HereInLondon said:

Still not able to access some photos in forums that I used to be able to see, eg

https://breeding.zone/topic/18658-the-aidsbone-worship-thread/?page=10

The first post on page 10 has a photo of a hot, cocky-looking fucker in revealing grey shorts. Every time I click on the photo to see it in full (the thumbnail crops off the lower half of his impressive torso) I'm taken to a page that says I don't have permission to view this content.

That's from a private album. So when the person who posted it initially set it up only he and his friends could see the images. Now that friends are gone (see above), people with private albums should consider making them public. You'll need to contact the user and ask him to make the change. Since he set it up as private, it's not our place to make it public.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.