If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

Guest MightyMouth

i was like 11/12 when i started sucking cock but it was guys in my neighborhood who were only slightly older than me.  i did have a huge attraction to one of my father's friends though and would have sucked his dick in a minute.  still, i don't think it's ever a good idea for an older man to start something with a kid.  kids should experiment with each other, not with adults.  it makes me feel creepy to think about sex with anyone that young.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In general when they hit puberty, thats when nature says go. Every other animal goes on their first in heat. 

But any age as long as they are willing interested and enjoy it.

Not all kids of a certain age are ready for it, but when they are why not let them explore without having to hide from the parents like they do now.

I was banging my 13 yr old GF at 13, we both turned out just fine :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Here in the UK its 16. In spain and some other countries in Europe, its as low as 13...

Personally i'd have it down at 13 too. There are many 18yo's who are too immature to have sex, so they dont... likewise there are many 13yos who know exactly what sex is and want it, so they do...

I think the UK and others who have it at 16 is a pretty good middle of the road place.

think you got a point there. guys that are not ready yet would never initiate it, but if a guy is ready he'll do it anyway, no matter what his lawmakers think of it...

you just gotta make sure nobody is forced/coerced/tricked into doing something he doesn't want to do. but that's always the tricky part - whether there's a law or not...

UK is 16 and I think that's a good age for it. I had sucked at younger age (13) but didn't get fucked till I was 17. Though back then the age of consent for gay sex was 18.

I think the majority of people aren't emotionally mature enough under 16. Some still not so even at 16+

• 3 weeks later...

I was actively and aggressively seeking out sex with older men when I was 13. I remember one particular guy who was 41 I met up with a lot and I never really regretted it. Though one thing that's apparent now while I was ready mentally and physically for sex at that age I wasn't aware of the dangers I could have faced such as guys looking to poz other men deliberately etc and I think that's down to a lack of life experience and simply not believing people could be that nefarious in achieving their own ends. One guy I now recognised was almost certainly poz and looking to poz me at 14 and that scares me a little now because I just didn't see it then.

Guest 120DaysofSodom

17-18.

The problem here is that people mature mentally at various stages in their development. Many arent even capable of making mature decisions concerning their sexuality at 18. Often times, feelings of regret follow sexual encounters, especially given the social atmosphere those under the age of 18 find themselves to be subjected to. 18 is a pretty median age, whereas most 18 year olds are fully aware of the risks associated with having sex, and are also capable of making these kinds of decisions and not be manipulated. The impressionable mind of a teenager is easily manipulated, and is no match for that of an adults. 17-18 is appropriate.

Interesting topic. Like some others mentioned, I was very young when I began playing and enjoying sex, I would have loved to had an older man as a regular partner to learn and explore with.

I used to get hit on when I was younger and it was the main reason I would cruise our downtown park, I grew up in that park, I learned what I liked and that older men liked what I had to offer.

I was molested as a 3 or 4 year old by an uncle with raging teen hormones, it was only the one time and I'm sure society and religion kept it from continuing, it certainly wasn't family.

I doubt that was ever disclosed and it probably would have just been hushed anyway, I say all that just to point out that laws of consent are only guidelines and because of the infinite variables will most likely never change much.

I think 12 or 13 is fine to consent, society will never let that happen. I miss those days of being the object of so many older men's desires and willingly joining them for mutual pleasure and learning

from an early age what I enjoy and continue to desire to this day. 

• Upvote 4

Guest hairybud84

Considering I was putting everything I could up my ass at like 14 (cucumbers, brush handle, etc), I know i was ready pretty early. I just needed a real cock.

• 1 month later...
Guest 24collegekid420

I say 13 is great. I got started at 11 my uncle fucked me one night when I was in bed. Have loved it since.