Log Cabin endorses Trump 2020

tallslenderguy

Guest DetroitAnon

In a time when the Lincoln Project has courted many conservatives to form a pac aimed at doing everything in their power to ensure Trump doesn’t get reelected, Its sad that the Log Cabin Republicans are drinking the same Jim Jones kool aid as his core, mostly racist, base.  

I’m not one to say every gay person should vote Democrat.  Romney I get.  Bush I get.   McGain I get (although he was against gays serving).    But Trump?  He’s got a God Complex.  He’s a narcissist like I’ve never seen before. He’s a bully. He’s a racist.  He has no core beliefs other than he thinks he’s more intelligent than anyone on the planet.   I cannot think of one redeeming quality about that man.  He is a pathological liar.   He beliefs he should have the same power over the people as the dictators he admirers so much. He’s envious of them.  He’s made statements in the past that declares his envy. 

Trump is not a religious man.  He never was.  It’s an act for his base.  He doesn’t even know how to hold a bible face forward and upright. Hillary might have called his base deplorable. He banks on them being ignorant and uses religion to bate them.   They are not welcome in his circle of country club conservatives.  They are pawns.   I truly believe he would throw ANYONE under the bus including his kids if it was Him or them. The ONLY person I believe he might put ahead of himself is his daughter Ivanka.  The rest of the kids are disposable, especially Tiffany.   

You Log Cabin Republicans supporting Trump are not only shallow human beings for supporting this monster, you are aligning yourselves with a man who cares nothing for any minority group...women, gays, especially trans, disabled, blacks, Latinos, Asians......he’s a horrible human being.

How naive of you.  Your reasons for endorsing Trump are so weak   He has no commitment to fighting AIDS like George Bush did.   He doesn’t  care if other countries criminalize being gay   You are his pawns as well.   So issues impacting other groups don’t matter?  Charlottesville comments?  Protests are ok with guns charging the Michigan Capitol boldface, but you can’t knew or protest to improve policing? Mexican kids in cages? Dreamers?  His birther attacks on Obama for years?  His promoting violence and rage at his rally’s?  His vulgar comments about women?  Mocking a disabled reporter?    He IS NOT for civil rights.    Sad that as gay men, you Log Cabin Republicans do the same thing as most conservatives in that you have little compassion, empathy, or understanding for those that don’t fit into your little world.    

Your real agenda in being hyper focused on your own fiscal well being takes precedence over civil rights and the struggle of so many other marginalized groups.  You can’t see past yourself.  Endorsing Trump for 2020 after all he has said and done, I’d probably recommend you be more focused on your saving your souls over your pocketbooks.   sad.

Guest DetroitAnon
On 5/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, KEVORKIANKEVORKIAN said:

There isn't a polite description of or conveninent phrase for what you must have wrong with your brain, if you think that Christians approach to gays is more scary than Muslims.

And the Democratic party openly favours Islam at every turn. All liberals spend their whole life finding excuses for (of covering up/denying) Islam's violent excesses and they want to bring millions of foreign people from violently anti-gay countries, as "refugees" without once checking on what kind of scary caveman things they believe. They find the idea of making Muslims live by our laws "offensive" and "racist"!

That has been the case now for many years, and Trump supporters have tried to explain that reality to you hundreds of times, I don't know how you couldn't have understood that by now. He's been in the white house for 3+ years and the Democrats have been in radical Islam's pocket for nearly 19. How is it that you can't understand why plenty of gays vote Trump? It should be really obvious, many people have asked this dopey question, and people like me have tried clearly to explain to you the answer.

I guess the only explanation is you just really like the way the phrase "internalized homophobia" sounds and for you, merely saying a psychologically judgmental phrase that has lots of syllables, is enough to satisfy you and you expect everybody else to be heartily impressed by it and suddenly agree with you...

I dont want any extremely religious person of any faith in office. They all do harm.  They can’t separate church from state.  People who follow a religious doctrine and dogma so closely and believe it’s every word quite frankly scare me.  It’s religion that’s the foundation for fear and hate in this world.  Democrats embrace Islam, even though it doesn’t align with women’s rights or the me too movement.  Evangelical Christians profess their support for Israel and the Jewish State, yet if they were being honest would admit they believe those of the Jewish faith would not get into heaven because they are not born again.  There’s hypocrisy in both parties.   God did not create religious doctrines, dogmas, or write the Bible.  White men over the centuries formed the religions based on the apolitical agendas of the time. It’s all such bull shit. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:06 PM, KEVORKIANKEVORKIAN said:

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. You can spell shit out right to a "liberal"'s face. As clear as you can say it. And all they do is pull another piece of bullshit out of their bottomless bag... "heh, he's like, a, heh, troll, and, heh, I'm like, not sure, heh, of his, like, reading comprehension! heh! *pushes glasses up nose*"

Yep. Troll. The shrillness of its cries indicates a juvenile of the species.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:11 PM, Sfmike64 said:

NO GAY MAN SHOULD FUCK ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS TRUMP. For any reason. Tell them why you won’t fuck them and that is because they support a fascist racist slimeball moron.

Because they support an orange fascist racist slimeball moron. Make sure you point out the irony of him trying to un-white himself.

Or just: Because they support a “fascist, loofa-faced shitgibbon”. Still, to my mind, the internet-winning description.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, DetroitAnon said:

I dont want any extremely religious person of any faith in office. They all do harm.  They can’t separate church from state.  People who follow a religious doctrine and dogma so closely and believe it’s every word quite frankly scare me.  It’s religion that’s the foundation for fear and hate in this world.  Democrats embrace Islam, even though it doesn’t align with women’s rights or the me too movement.  Evangelical Christians profess their support for Israel and the Jewish State, yet if they were being honest would admit they believe those of the Jewish faith would not get into heaven because they are not born again.  There’s hypocrisy in both parties.   God did not create religious doctrines, dogmas, or write the Bible.  White men over the centuries formed the religions based on the apolitical agendas of the time. It’s all such bull shit. 

I wouldn't say that. Jimmy Carter was and is an extremely religious person - a Southern Baptist who teaches Sunday School! - and while his overall record for LGBT rights while he was president is kind of sparse, keep in mind it was the 1970's, when the leadership of gay rights organizations weren't pushing for same-sex marriage at all, just early versions of domestic partnership recognition. In retirement he's been exceptionally on our side.

That also ignores the gay clerical leadership in several mainstream denominations - there are a number of openly gay Episcopal bishops, for instance. While they aren't "in office" in that sense, it's clear that it's possible to be a prominent religious figure and to be adamantly pro-gay-rights at the same time.

In other words, while I take your general point - that religion can and often is a lightning rod for anti-gay bigotry (among other evils) - being deeply religious need not disqualify one from office.  At least, I don't think it should.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cdexter said:

Ok enough with the preaching please tell me one thing that trump has done against gays or for that matter one thing a democrat has done for the gays

To answer the first part: [think before following links] https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/lgbtq-rights-rollback 

To answer the second part: President Obama made the decision, when cases on same-sex marriage reached the US Supreme Court, not to defend the Defense of Marriage Act. When it came to states seeking to uphold their discriminatory same-sex marriage bans, not only did Obama refuse to have his Justice Dept. support those states, he encouraged the suits to go forward and celebrated the victory when it was won. He pushed through an end to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." He paved the way for transgender servicepersons to continue serving.

And while it's not specifically "gay", his passage of the Affordable Care Act meant that, for the first time, insurers couldn't discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions for individual insurance policies. Before the ACA, if you were HIV-positive, and you didn't get insurance through your employer, you were almost certainly out of luck for getting coverage anywhere except (possibly) a state-run high-risk pool, which was guaranteed to be enormously expensive. For the first time, insurers had to consider your health just as important to cover as anyone else. If you're not in the individual insurance market, or you're not HIV-positive, you probably can't begin to understand what a gamechanger that was. 

More: While ENDA has not yet become law, if and when it does, it'll be because Democrats pushed it hard for years, not because any Republican has EVER lifted a finger to try to get it passed. And of course, if you bother to read the list of anti-LGBT actions the Trump administration has taken (linked above), you'll see that virtually everything he's UN-doing is something done in a previous Democratic administration (under Obama, for the most part).

Care to try again?

• Like 3

Guest hungandmean
16 hours ago, Cdexter said:

Ok enough with the preaching please tell me one thing that trump has done against gays or for that matter one thing a democrat has done for the gays

There are literally countless things I could cite - but i'll go with the most recent, from a few days ago.

The Trump Admin moved to allow adoption agencies to ban gay and lesbian couples from adopting. Those adoption agencies can still receive taxpayer money as non-profits.

That means that gay peoples tax dollars will directly fund agencies that do not recognize their rights.

Here's a link, since people like you never believe anyone who says anything that contradicts their tightly held views - and if you don't like my source there's tons more out there (and literally hundreds of other actions his administration has taken to undermine gay rights) 

[think before following links] https://www. washingtonblade.com/2020/06/03/ trump-admin-to-supreme-court-let-adoption-agencies-reject-lgbtq-families/

Just remove the spaces I put in. You're welcome. 

• 3 weeks later...

They should endorse Trump, he was the 1st president to enter office pro-LGBT, he said the Supreme Courts decision on marriage equality is settled. He has a campaign to decriminalize homosexuality globally, he has worked with Gilead to provide HIV medication, his America 1st policies might have cut HIV funding outside the US it has increased in the US. Recently the Supreme Court ruled on LGBT discrimination and Trumps Conservative appointed Gorsuch voted in favor of protections. He favors giving refugee status to minorities in Muslim countries aka Christians and LGBT persons.

17 minutes ago, aim2game said:

They should endorse Trump, he was the 1st president to enter office pro-LGBT, he said the Supreme Courts decision on marriage equality is settled. He has a campaign to decriminalize homosexuality globally, he has worked with Gilead to provide HIV medication, his America 1st policies might have cut HIV funding outside the US it has increased in the US. Recently the Supreme Court ruled on LGBT discrimination and Trumps Conservative appointed Gorsuch voted in favor of protections. He favors giving refugee status to minorities in Muslim countries aka Christians and LGBT persons.

WWWHHHAAATTT !!!!  He's taken healthcare & other protections away from trans people, employment discrimination. He's a racist pig and any "Log Cabin" Republican should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 10:47 AM, aim2game said:

Factually, this is severely wrong in most areas and marginally almost correct in very little.

He entered office NOT pro-LGBT; he made a few generic comments suggesting he wouldn't be as bad as some might fear, and that's about it. With respect to same-sex marriage, he appointed two justices to SCOTUS who have openly questioned the prior ruling itself as well as suggesting that it may not be as extensive as one would expect (for instance, that states could provide different benefits to same-sex and opposite-sex couples). Two of the right-wing justices (Alito and Thomas) have publicly shown in other opinions they have no compunctions whatsoever about overturning precedent if it gets them the result they want, so if Trump gets another appointment or two, you can pretty much assume same-sex marriage is toast.

His "campaign" about decriminalizing homosexuality is a joke, given the way he coddles the people who make those laws (see, for instance, his pal Putin, Jared's BFF Mohammed bin Salman, Jair Bolsonaro, Xi Jinping, and more). He couldn't name Gilead if you gave him a lineup of drug manufacturers, and anything they're doing is to benefit themselves, not the people or the administration. HIV funding inside the US has only increased because DEMOCRATS in Congress have forced the issue; if you look at the budgets Trump proposed for the last three years, every one of them had deep cuts to health spending. Moreover, his administration is still trying to overturn the ACA, which is how most people with pre-existing conditions (including HIV) can get insurance if they're not covered by an employer (which is a huge number of people). It's true that Gorsuch wrote the opinion in favor of protecting LGBT people in employment. But to do it, he employed reasoning that will almost certainly end affirmative action even by private employers once a case is brought where the same argument is made. As for refugee status: you're right about Christians, not about LGBT people. His goons in DHS - ICE and CBP - routinely disallow refugee status for LGBT people coming from central America, and there's only a tiny trickle of them coming from anywhere else in the world.

• Like 1